How OLD is it when you consider people being old

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When my mum was around 75, she had a couple of small falls (no damage). So the family clubbed together and got her a rather expensive (at the time) wheeled walker. She refused to be seen pushing it and told us all that she was not using it as it was for old people! 🤷‍♀️
My dad, on the other hand, had a nasty fall at 88 and used it from then on. He zoomed around everywhere with it, sooo ............ maybe 88 is old? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wonder this when it comes to people dying, at what point does it go from they were so young (anything up to around 70s) to they lived a good life (usually around 80+). It makes me think well at what point do you become old.

I wonder this when it comes to people dying, at what point does it go from they were so young (anything up to around 70s) to they lived a good life (usually around 80+). It makes me think well at what point do you become old.
I wonder if what we consider "old" physically is more the appearance of frailty rather than age? Mentally I don't think you ever do get old 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Sometimes I thinks more how you act. My elderly Grandmother is 89 in a few weeks, she is young at heart (watches Love Island for crying out loud). One of my good friends is mid 60's and the last few years has started acting "old", for example, she won't drive anymore / constantly complains about ailments.

Obviously my Grandmother is old but she acts young so it's hard to know how to define old.

Reactions: 2
I think it depends on your age, I'm 40 now and don't feel at all old but I remember thinking, when I was 17 and chatting to a 27yr old man in a club that 27 was far too old to still be going out clubbing 🤣🤣

• Haha
I remember when I was very young, I thought 40 was very, very old, I am now 58 and feel ‘young’ I think this is due to a healthy, happy mindset and a lot of walking, I now think 80/85 is the new ‘old’ for me, hopefully I will get reach this age.

I wonder if what we consider "old" physically is more the appearance of frailty rather than age? Mentally I don't think you ever do get old 🤷‍♀️
I get this, i think 'old'is any age that you aren't physically fit anymore, ive seen very old 50 somethings as they are so unwell day to day

I get this, i think 'old'is any age that you aren't physically fit anymore, ive seen very old 50 somethings as they are so unwell day to day
Yeah! When I was a student and worked in a supermarket I worked with lady who was ages with my mum but easily appeared 10-15 years older. It's the same with the patient group I work with now. Some people in their 90s could pass as looking 70 odd and vice versa

I'm 22 and I'd say 60+ is old. Funny though cos when I was like 14 I thought everyone over 30 was old (my sister was 31) 😂