How much notice do you appreciate when someone asks to come round to your house?

I would prefer to be made aware of visitors...

• Any time before. I don't even mind if people turn up unannounced.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • A couple of hours before.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • The day before.

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • At least a week before

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • It changes depending on the person.

Votes: 44 31.4%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you turn up unannounced then I'm not answering the door. I need at least a weeks notice so I can clean and mentally prepare :ROFLMAO:

Most of the time my partners family don't even ask, they tell us they're coming when they're already en route, and it really pisses me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If you turn up unannounced then I'm not answering the door. I need at least a weeks notice so I can clean and mentally prepare [emoji23]

Most of the time my partners family don't even ask, they tell us they're coming when they're already en route, and it really pisses me off!
So true!! I least call in advance?! People showing up unnanounced is beyond rude. I love not answering the door. Later I just say I was in the shower, works like a charm. Although my ideal living situation is no bell at all. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Forgot to say that even worse is people showing up unnanounced and expecting you to feed them!! Like at lunch time or dinner. So rude!!!! I honestly just want to tell them to f*** off!!

Reactions: 5
Forgot to say that even worse is people showing up unnanounced and expecting you to feed them!! Like at lunch time or dinner. So rude!!!! I honestly just want to tell them to f*** off!!
One of the most awkward things in the world is having to sit and eat your dinner while a visitor that was expecting some hovers!

If your arrival has really ticked me off for whatever reason, don't expect a cup of tea. I'll make myself one and drink it in front of you :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate visitors so never is a good time with me 😂 I also don't answer the phone and only accept text/WhatsApp or insta DM 😂

Reactions: 14
I never ever answer my door. If I don't know your coming you won't get in. My sister and best pal have keys and they don't care if my house and me are a mess so they can come round with no notice but they would never just turn up at my door without speaking to me first. Hate people that think it's ok to turn up at your door. I think it's really weird why would you not phone someone first and say hey I'm bored fancy a catch up etc.

I don’t mind anyone just showing up unless it’s my mother in law then I need at least an hour so I can be somewhere else!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I hate visitors so never is a good time with me 😂 I also don't answer the phone and only accept text/WhatsApp or insta DM 😂
If I’m sending a text to someone or if I’m just on my phone in general and my phone rings 95% of the time I’ll look at the screen and wait for it to stop ringing to then carry on what I was doing 💁🏻‍♀️

I hate people coming over without giving me any notice

The worst person to do that is the father in law and it’s ALWAYS at the time when we’re putting the kids to bed 🤬

My mum it doesn’t bother me as much although she knows to give me notice as she also hates people coming over unannounced

The mother in law has a habit of coming over earlier than the original time. We will say come over at 11am she will get here for 9:30am 🙃 I literally then feel under pressure and having to rush to get ready

Reactions: 4
If I’m sending a text to someone or if I’m just on my phone in general and my phone rings 95% of the time I’ll look at the screen and wait for it to stop ringing to then carry on what I was doing 💁🏻‍♀️
This, I get anxiety when the phone rings, it's weird, I know. Even with family! I prefer a text so I can consider, think things through and come up with an appropriate response. Like when people say "when is a good date to go out for a meal?" I much prefer it to come as a message so I can check my diary/prepare my excuse rather than being put on the spot face to face, with potential to have to agree to a time that doesn't really suit... yes I'm a wimp.

Reactions: 8
This, I get anxiety when the phone rings, it's weird, I know. Even with family! I prefer a text so I can consider, think things through and come up with an appropriate response. Like when people say "when is a good date to go out for a meal?" I much prefer it to come as a message so I can check my diary/prepare my excuse rather than being put on the spot face to face, with potential to have to agree to a time that doesn't really suit... yes I'm a wimp.
I get anxiety when someone leaves me a voicemail so I turned it off 😂 Just text like a normal bloody person

• Haha
This is my one true gripe. It’s my house so if I don’t want to clean up one day I should not have to. If I want to walk around the house in my pjs with no bra then that’s my choice. Why should I have to open my door to someone I have not chosen to see. In the past when people have done it. Hubby lets them in and I sit there and say nothing and give one word answers when prompted with chat. One friend after telling them I was talking time out within my social circle as my anxiety was bad - turned up one evening and sat down on my sofa and told me all about her tit marriage. That’s when I decided being polite was no more and if you turn up without being invited you will stay at the door.i will always be there if a friend needs me. I will drop everything but my home is my safe place and when my anxiety is bad then I don’t want people opposing themselves on my safe place. my friends now understand I will come to you if you need me. If I want you in my home I will invite you.

This is my one true gripe. It’s my house so if I don’t want to clean up one day I should not have to. If I want to walk around the house in my pjs with no bra then that’s my choice. Why should I have to open my door to someone I have not chosen to see. In the past when people have done it. Hubby lets them in and I sit there and say nothing and give one word answers when prompted with chat. One friend after telling them I was talking time out within my social circle as my anxiety was bad - turned up one evening and sat down on my sofa and told me all about her tit marriage. That’s when I decided being polite was no more and if you turn up without being invited you will stay at the door.i will always be there if a friend needs me. I will drop everything but my home is my safe place and when my anxiety is bad then I don’t want people opposing themselves on my safe place. my friends now understand I will come to you if you need me. If I want you in my home I will invite you.
I feel you on the anxiety front. Earlier this year I was going through a bad patch and I found it difficult to tolerate even my parents popping in. This was when I knew I needed help because my dad is the person in world who annoys me least and I found myself getting so agitated with even him there.

Reactions: 2
I feel you on the anxiety front. Earlier this year I was going through a bad patch and I found it difficult to tolerate even my parents popping in. This was when I knew I needed help because my dad is the person in world who annoys me least and I found myself getting so agitated with even him there.
I have lost many friends through no fault of their own as I could not be around them due to becoming such a recluse. I am thankfully recovering.

Hate when people just rock up unannounced!

I clean my house in my Pjs or underwear- then when im finished I get a shower etc. So some days im still in PJs at lunchtime or later. I hate when there’s a random knock at the door and it’s some relative or old friend who’s just decided to drop in - who then expects a cup of tea/biscuits/lunch to miraculously appear. Who then make comments like “have you only just got up?! Not getting dressed today are we?! Are you not dressed at this hour?!” Erm duck off Doris, this is my bleeping house!!!

Hate when people just rock up unannounced!

I clean my house in my Pjs or underwear- then when im finished I get a shower etc. So some days im still in PJs at lunchtime or later. I hate when there’s a random knock at the door and it’s some relative or old friend who’s just decided to drop in - who then expects a cup of tea/biscuits/lunch to miraculously appear. Who then make comments like “have you only just got up?! Not getting dressed today are we?! Are you not dressed at this hour?!” Erm duck off Doris, this is my bleeping house!!!
Don't open the door!!!!
It's your house, so do whatever you want! And if that is never opening the door, then so be it!!
It's what I do and when asked about it, I just say: Oh must've been when I was taking a shower. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]