Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cheesycrackers

Has anyone any advice on what a good safety buffer savings amount would be. Like what are people comfortable with? 2021 is my year for getting sorted financially!
Three months salary as a safety net is a good start. It means I’d anything happened you would have a bit of breathing space to get sorted.

Happy35

We have 150k mortgage on a 370k house, and a car loan each of around £7000 no other debts.

We are planning on paying the mortgage off early and I will probably keep my car after it is paid for, OH won’t as he changes his every 3-4 years.

Welshgal

VIP Member
Officially none but I do want to pay back my parents one day for paying for semi private school, an exchange year and loooots of other things 😅

I’m also wanting to buy a city flat within the next 3-5 years, so my debt free years are counted.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Hefty mortgage and student loan for me, but other than that nothing except a sofa that we took 0% interest to avoid forming out an extra almost £2k at the same time as moving noise. However, this is mostly because I inherited when my dad and granny passed away so was able to pay off credit card debt that I had alongside my car before we took out the mortgage...

Drea1984

Chatty Member
What happened with your British Gas problem. Did you pay it?
I’m paying it off monthly and my partner & I paid off £250 each when we first got told.
I should finish in a few months but they still want to charge me £90 a month for my electric? Did you sort yours out?