How I Met Your Father

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting a new thread for the show!

Show synopsis: Sophie and her close-knit group of friends are in the midst of figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to fall in love in the age of dating apps and limitless options.

iMDb link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14500082

Kim Cattrall aka Samantha from SATC is in this!

Reactions: 1
Says on Digital Spy ' How I Met Your Father airs Tuesdays on Hulu in the US, and is streaming on Disney+ in the UK with new episodes every Wednesday'

I've looked and it's not on Disney yet, maybe it starts tomorrow?

There a review here, it's a bit spoilery but not too bad:

Reactions: 2
Do we think it’s going to be as awful as HIMYM?
It wasn’t too bad, the ending was absolute tit though, all those years invested for him to end up with robin 🤢

this time she better be with the dad at the end! 🤣

I love Kim so will definitely watch it for her. Unless they start being woke and trying to shoehorn all the woke issues into each episode

Reactions: 4
Do we think it’s going to be as awful as HIMYM?
Oh HIMYM was fantastic, so cleverly written and the continuity of the story(s) was phenomenal, in sitcom terms at least. They stiffed us with the ending, but the rest was good!

I don't have massively high hopes for this, I think the days pf canned laughter sitcoms are pretty much over, but I'll give it a go, if only to see Kim Cattrall again!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh HIMYM was fantastic, so cleverly written and the continuity of the story(s) was phenomenal, in sitcom terms at least. They stiffed us with the ending, but the rest was good!

I don't have massively high hopes for this, I think the days pf canned laughter sitcoms are pretty much over, but I'll give it a go, if only to see Kim Cattrall again!
Couldn’t agree more! tit ending but I loved it! Very clever, constant little “inside” jokes you’d only get if you watched it all, I’ll definitely check out HIMYF if it’s on Disney + soon but I’m nervous about them ruining the whole thing!

Reactions: 7
Do I need to watch the previous versions?

Kim C and Hilary Duff sounds like a must watch!

Do I need to watch the previous versions?

Kim C and Hilary Duff sounds like a must watch!
Not at all! You don't need to endure all 10 seasons of HIMYM to watch this because the cast and crew insist it's not a reboot or a sequel really.

I am hoping to watch a couple of episodes this weekend to see how it is. I am really hoping they didn't make the show woke or anything :(

I loved HIMYM, Barney being my fav. Not a fan of HIMYF, bit too woke, like they had a checklist and just ticked every box.

Also feels like the actors are all trying way too hard whereas the cast in HIMYM just blended/acted so well without trying too hard or going ott.

I loved HIMYM, Barney being my fav. Not a fan of HIMYF, bit too woke, like they had a checklist and just ticked every box.

Also feels like the actors are all trying way too hard whereas the cast in HIMYM just blended/acted so well without trying too hard or going ott.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am hate watching Episode 4 right now. I find Valentina trying really hard to replace Barney Stinson and be this really obnoxious, proud village idiot. Hilary Duff's character is mediocre. Charlie and Ellen are so boring and they can get rid of. Charlie is putting the entire upper class of UK to shame. Which also makes me wonder if Sid and Hannah are the Marshall and Lily of the show. Episode 3 was really very cringe and I say this as someone who was in a long distance relationship through Covid and eventually married him last year but yeah, who on earth does not know about sex toys these days?

I am going to call it now that Jesse is the Robin of the show. He's always there for Sophie and they don't need 9 more seasons to drag it out and let us know that they eventually ended up together.

This show honestly needs more Kim Cattrall and less of these clowns that they call a cast.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am hate watching Episode 4 right now. I find Valentina trying really hard to replace Barney Stinson and be this really obnoxious, proud village idiot. Hilary Duff's character is mediocre. Charlie and Ellen are so boring and they can get rid of. Charlie is putting the entire upper class of UK to shame. Which also makes me wonder if Sid and Hannah are the Marshall and Lily of the show. Episode 3 was really very cringe and I say this as someone who was in a long distance relationship through Covid and eventually married him last year but yeah, who on earth does not know about sex toys these days?

I am going to call it now that Jesse is the Robin of the show. He's always there for Sophie and they don't need 9 more seasons to drag it out and let us know that they eventually ended up together.

This show honestly needs more Kim Cattrall and less of these clowns that they call a cast.
I couldn't get past the 2nd ep, sounds like it doesn't get any better. :confused:

Congrats on your wedding. :m

I loved HIMYM about 10 years ago, it felt fresh and funny, but for some reason I can't stand to watch repeats of it. Maybe because the last season was just so bad, but unlike Friends which I can watch and still laugh at, HIMYM just annoys me now!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I loved HIMYM about 10 years ago, it felt fresh and funny, but for some reason I can't stand to watch repeats of it. Maybe because the last season was just so bad, but unlike Friends which I can watch and still laugh at, HIMYM just annoys me now!
Same!! They completely ruined the whole show in the last season.

Just watched episode 7 of the show and I can confirm Valentina and Ellen are the most self absorbed and petulant characters of the show. I really hope they don't get too much screen time in the next season because they are annoying AF!

Just watching and it’s so not funny 😭😭😭 not that how I met your mother is hilarious, but I find this unfunny.