How do you make your tea/coffee?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m talking instant coffee here because I’ve just had this argument 😂

the only correct method is;
Cold Milk (I use unsweetened almond and oat milk, both mixed together) goes in first.

Then the coffee granules.... mix mix mix!

The boiling water is made with a salted caramel greentea tea bag. This is the coffee game changer 😏

add a small amount of boiling water and shake it up...to make sure the granulated coffee is now dissolved.

add the rest of the boiling tea water.
Apparently this makes me weird.

Normal tea is black, the problem is, if it’s normal tea you need normal cow milk, because you can’t be messing around with the alternative milk in the normal tea!!

Fruit teas are the actual work of Satan.

But nettle, peppermint etc I can get behind....

thoughts?
And you can throw the fancy pancy keurig drinks in as well 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We love strong coffee. Husband bought a cheap aero press and although it’s a bit of a faff to make, the coffee is amazing. We warm up coconut milk and use a frother and then pour milk on top of the coffee. Never looked back.
You are right about not using alternative milks in tea - it just tastes weird, although oddly I can manage soya milk in my tea as long as the tea is strong 😂

Reactions: 1
My husband only drinks instant coffee. If I make it, I add the granules, stir in a little bit of milk (skimmed) mix it up and then add boiling water.

Tea I amvery particular and it took about seven years to finally enjoy a cup of tea my husband makes me. I always prefer to do it myself. Never drink tea on holiday even if they’re my regular tea bags. It’s just not right. Twinings English Breakfast in the cup, water ( I prefer it from the instant hot water tap and can’t wait to get one installed now we’ve moved), leave the tea bag only for the time it takes to go and get a spoon and the milk out of the fridge. Stir and squeeze, then take my teabag out and dunk it in husband’s cup to simultaneously get both on the spoon to throw away and make his a bit stronger. Then only when the bag is gone do I add the milk. Only skimmed cows milk and a decent splash (my husband calls it baby tea). I can tell when someone has added the milk and then squeezed and removed the tea bag. The only place I will drink tea made differently is at my grandparents house because they do milk first (😱) and I hate to tell them it’s wrong!

Instant coffee-2 spoons of sugar, coffee granules then milk and once the water has boiled wait a minute or two then pour it in. NEVER pour boiling water into the cup it will burn your coffee granules.

Tea-sugar & teabag in mug, add boiling water then milk goes in last. NO WEAK TEA FOR ME PLEASE!

Tea bag, 1 sugar, hot water then milk. Brew for about 3 minutes, I like a really strong tea but with a generous glug of milk. Fairly dark in colour.

Tetleys but always with honey and lemon. I started that decades ago when I got laryngitis but got hooked.
Got a fancy nespresso machine a gift but mostly just use it for the hot milk as I don’t like any of the capsules I have plus they are not very eco friendly.

I drink tea only so tea hot water then milk if i want it
My partner is weird and does his coffee milk goes in the cup first to be warm up in the microwave then add the coffee and sugar then the water and stir

I’ve seen some really damaged people putting a tea bag in the cold milk, then adding hot water on top.

anyone who does that should qualify for free counselling on the NHS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m talking instant coffee here because I’ve just had this argument 😂

the only correct method is;
Cold Milk (I use unsweetened almond and oat milk, both mixed together) goes in first.

Then the coffee granules.... mix mix mix!

The boiling water is made with a salted caramel greentea tea bag. This is the coffee game changer 😏

add a small amount of boiling water and shake it up...to make sure the granulated coffee is now dissolved.

add the rest of the boiling tea water.
Apparently this makes me weird.

Normal tea is black, the problem is, if it’s normal tea you need normal cow milk, because you can’t be messing around with the alternative milk in the normal tea!!

Fruit teas are the actual work of Satan.

But nettle, peppermint etc I can get behind....

thoughts?
And you can throw the fancy pancy keurig drinks in as well 🙄
Instant coffee!!! Actual liquid dog poo. Fact.

My man likes his coffee with the milk and granules first, stir it and then add the water.
I'm a big tea drinker and it has to be tea bag, hot water, brew for two minutes and then add a tiny drop of milk.

I have strong tea with a spoonful of sweetener in. I put tea bag in 1st, hot water then milk and sweetener after.
Partner likes coffee and drinks so much but we have a coffee machine but sometimes i will make him a milky coffee - cup of cold milk mixed with 2 spoonfuls of coffee and 3 sugars in microwave for 1 minute, stir then microwave for another minute. Give it a stir and hey presto milky coffee 👌

• Heart
Coffee-
Favourite mug, has to be the chunky Thor one or the blue stripey one. I'm very particular 😂 a spoon of instant coffee, 2 sweeteners, then a finger level of cold milk.add boiling water and stir. Milk has to go in first or the coffee burns and tastes shite 🙃

Tea- Rapunzel mug, though I am less fussy. Must be big though!
Teabag, boiled water, leave to brew a couple of minutes, stir, strain, then milk.

People that put milk in with the teabag before water are surely descendents of the devil 😂😂

I’ve seen some really damaged people putting a tea bag in the cold milk, then adding hot water on top.

anyone who does that should qualify for free counselling on the NHS.
I've just said similar 😂Who even are these people?! It's just wrong on all levels 😂😂

• Haha
If you love a strong cup of tea you either have to go with glengette (welsh tea) or Yorkshire gold... no others will do!

Kenco decaff, xylitol sweetener 1tsp and unsweetened soya milk.
My 'coffee' barely qualifies as coffee tbf 🤷‍♀️

Instant coffee. Coffee first, then the boiling water then skimmed milk. Can't stand milky coffee and even with semi skimmed it tastes too creamy to me!

I don't drink tea so never know how to make it when i'm making it for someone as never know how long to leave the tea bag in for?!

I drink loads of peppermint tea. I leave the bag in.

Tetley decaf teabag, water, unsweetened Alpro almond milk and then add sweetener :)

Coffee granules, unsweetened Alpro almond milk, sweetener, and then add the water

Anyone else?

Last edited:
What’s this about coffee then milk then water?
Never heard of it hun.

coffee, water then milk.