House Prices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After posting about that leaflet there are now two houses up for sale down this road?! Surely that can’t have been the stimulus?!

One is beautiful and a very rarely well presented family home - the other I reckon will be a tit heap inside but they’ve not got pics up yet, can’t wait to have a nose 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Glad its not just me thats straight on rightmove when you realise a house on your street is up for sale.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Glad its not just me thats straight on rightmove when you realise a house on your street is up for sale.
I’ve only done it a few times but if you set your radius to your postcode +0.5miles you can have a nose a few streets round, I’m shocked at the state of some houses some people are living in tbh. One house has a wall half knocked through between rooms so raw dusty bricks just jammin there - all the while there’s a beauty blogger setup in another room with stacks and stacks of multi drawer storage I assume for palettes etc and those huge circle lights?! Beloved you have brick dust in your home! Prioritise!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My next door neighbour is selling her house (I am gutted as we get on really well) and I’m checking Rightmove constantly to see if it’s up yet so I can see inside as I’ve never been in 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My next door neighbour is selling her house (I am gutted as we get on really well) and I’m checking Rightmove constantly to see if it’s up yet so I can see inside as I’ve never been in 😂
You can set up an alert for the post code and then you get an email as soon as it is listed.

I have one set up for my postcode,
my post code + 1/4 mile and my old postcode (in case my old house comes up) both for sale and renting...not a stalker at all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m in a similar situation, mine sent a grand ~reveal~ text that they were moving about six months ago and yet absolutely nada has happened! They’re nice enough but they are so bleeping loud when dealing with their kids out the front of their house several times a day, I’d be glad to get someone new 😳🤭 you can’t exactly follow up on that like so when ya off hun tho can you!

• Haha
You can set up an alert for the post code and then you get an email as soon as it is listed.

I have one set up for my postcode,
my post code + 1/4 mile and my old postcode (in case my old house comes up) both for sale and renting...not a stalker at all 🤣
Amazing! Thanks for the tip ☺ I have my house as a “saved property” so I can still view the listing and discovered the option where you can see nearby sold prices so I think I’ve looked at all the past listings for houses on my street but I’m ready for some updated photos now 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Look, we could probably cut out all the joy in our lives and save a bit more, but it’s not really going to get us to our goal any quicker in the grand scheme of things. If we cut out our once a week takeaway, we wouldn’t be that much closer to our goal in a years time than if we hadn’t. You can’t save more than you earn in a year after all. We could stop our children’s activities but then they’d be losing out on skills and experiences and I’m not going to have them miss out on normal childhood things just so we can buy a house. Maybe we should have waited to have children but life doesn’t always work out in that perfect linear way for everyone.

As other posters have shown with their experiences, It’s mental out there. You finally think you’ve got enough to go and then the goal posts move again. It gets to a point where you can either spend your life working and saving and saving and working and it’s still not enough, or have some balance and save what you can, but still allow yourself things that make you happy. Buying a house, although would be nice feels like a luxury that is out of our reach, so we may as well make the best of our circumstances and maybe one day this tit show will calm down or we will come into some money somehow.
The way things are going people are literally going to work till they die. There will be no retirement as they will still have morgages to pay and the cost of living will be so high.

I have already made my peace with the fact i will probably never retire.

Reactions: 3
There does seem to be a drop in properties being added to rightmove over the last week or so - maybe the market is slowing!? (I’m looking in Scotland)

Reactions: 6
There does seem to be a drop in properties being added to rightmove over the last week or so - maybe the market is slowing!? (I’m looking in Scotland)
I think it depends where, I've hardly seen any properties come up for my search I had set up in the last two months, I'm also in Scotland. Could also just be the school holidays

My friend is an Estate Agent in Liverpool. They had a house come on the market in a nice suburb at over half a million, thinking it a was a stupid price for a suburban street they agreed to go with the price the seller was asking for. He said that they had over 50 enquiries in the first 48 hours and 20 viewings booked on day 1. I am going to text him now to see what it went for as its come off RightMove. Its a 4 bed semi??? A nice one but still....

• Wow
I’ve only done it a few times but if you set your radius to your postcode +0.5miles you can have a nose a few streets round, I’m shocked at the state of some houses some people are living in tbh. One house has a wall half knocked through between rooms so raw dusty bricks just jammin there - all the while there’s a beauty blogger setup in another room with stacks and stacks of multi drawer storage I assume for palettes etc and those huge circle lights?! Beloved you have brick dust in your home! Prioritise!
Oh my God this is the same thing in my neighborhood.

The average price is 345k yet some houses are rotten! I mean mold everywhere, bathtubs are all black, the bedrooms are cluttered and the carpets haven't been changed since Jesus walked on Earth.

I would rather buy an absolute dump for less than 100k and re-do it completely than pay 345k and put 100k in renovations. Some people will pay their mortgage until their last breath.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
the carpets haven't been changed since Jesus walked on Earth.
Lmaoooo

I’m in a nice area tbf and London so priced accordingly but most houses that become available are because the owner died, so I’m used to seeing dilapidated properties that are cleared out of all belongings. Then you’ve got people who bought in the 80s/90s/early 00s who are now house rich but don’t earn as much so it’s cheaply done or verging on scruffy but nothing offensive. But I’ve never seen an active hellhole like that one. How many girls are telling us to smash their subscribe button and use their discount code and they’ve not even got flooring down in the bathroom 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Estate agents finally called me had to be whilst I was in the shower after I had done nothing apart from watch the olympics all day. 5 similar offers so sent some documents to support my application. I won’t go any higher so just waiting again now.

Another reason to buy your own place.

When I went down to talk to the building manager at the end of last month to pay rent- I was asked told to move to another studio room in the same building. Granted it's still in the same building and all but it's just a f***king hassle and I do feel the stress of having to move all my crap across floors. This is the second time they've done this as they've needed to redecorate.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
We’re looking to move next year before my son starts school in September. I have no idea when we should list our current house for sale? Last time we were first time buyers so I’ve never sold before.

We did consider a new build so we could part exchange but I’m not keen on the development that’s in the area we want to live in.

Reactions: 1
We’re looking to move next year before my son starts school in September. I have no idea when we should list our current house for sale? Last time we were first time buyers so I’ve never sold before.

We did consider a new build so we could part exchange but I’m not keen on the development that’s in the area we want to live in.
If your trying to move into a new catchment area applications are open sept - jan and if it’s a popular area you will have needed to have exchanged/moved before applications close to ensure you get a place in the catchment area

If your trying to move into a new catchment area applications are open sept - jan and if it’s a popular area you will have needed to have exchanged/moved before applications close to ensure you get a place in the catchment area
It’s a special school so the application process is different sorry should have mentioned that.

I spoke to the accommodation woman today. They wanted me to move to the 9th floor. I said no. I'm on the second and waiting for the lift can be a pain and it helps having the stairs.

They want me to move out so the new person moving in can be with the girl next door and it's not for redecorating purposes. I agreed to move out first but honestly I'm thinking of saying no altogether, but I asked someone who said they can do so if my contract is about to expire.

😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.