Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I need to paint the back of my front door. It's currently a disgusting dark brown colour. Would I use chalk paint or something else?

Reactions: 1

Silverback

VIP Member
What about painting the furniture with something like rustoleum or Frenchic? Would give a refresh and more flexibility on paint colours x
Please don’t use Rustoleum, it ruined a chest of drawers we have and no amount of sanding ever restored it to a usable state!

As a stiffkey blue painter I can recommend that! Re the sofa, you can get nice sofa covers pretty cheaply these days- have a Google. Stiffkey blue looks lovely with copper and gold accents.

Re the blue/ grey thing, my friend has had a kitchen extension with bifold doors done and everything is painted a mixture of stiffkey blue and pale grey- it looks fab.

• Heart

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Coming to this thread looking for a couple of recommendations please! I moved about 3 months ago, all my big bits of furniture are mostly sorted so I’m onto the more fun decorating/accessorising.

I’m on the hunt for neutral grey/Greige/beige curtains for my living room and have tried all the usual places but can’t find any I like! I did find the perfect fabric in John Lewis but it’s their made to measure ones and don’t really want to pay £400 for one pair of curtains. I don’t suppose anyone has any good curtain recs please? I’d prefer pencil pleat but would consider eyelets as they seem more widely available.

The second thing I’ve been looking for but can’t find is something for the wall of my office/spare room. Again have tried all the usuals but can’t find anything I love! Something colourful but not too out there as it would be my Teams background. Has anyone seen anything nice recently?

Also just want to rave about some bits of bedroom furniture I got from La Redoute and LOVE. I got the chest of drawers with 40% off and bedside table 25% and about 10% cash back - but still splurges!

BongoBingo

I bought a teal fabric bed…fell in love with it in the shop but I’m really struggling with the rest of my bedroom decor now. My wardrobes are white and grey and my walls are pale shell colour. Everything looks out of place now. Any suggestions for wall colours and bedding colours?

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Sorry I will repeat the question from the previous thread 🙈

Does anyone have any recommendation for good european furniture sites? We'll start renovation soon and so far I have Kavehome, Westwing and Finnish design shop, but I'd like to find more that are similar. Nothing too luxurious, I just want to find some more inspiration and nice pieces. Something similar to Made, but they don't deliver to my location (and I'm also not sure about import duties from the UK).
Next?
They deliver to loads of countries if I recall.
I actually ordered my Laura Ashley furniture from there.

sushimama

Chatty Member

Does anyone have any recommendation for good european furniture sites? We'll start renovation soon and so far I have Kavehome, Westwing and Finnish design shop, but I'd like to find more that are similar. Nothing too luxurious, I just want to find some more inspiration and nice pieces. Something similar to Made, but they don't deliver to my location (and I'm also not sure about import duties from the UK).

Emsie

VIP Member
Has anyone got any ideas for me? I want to decorate my living room, it’s painted apple white at the moment- was like this when we moved in.

I’d like to paint the wall behind the fireplace something like stiffkey blue & then a neutral colour on the other walls, but my furniture is hemnes in grey (ikea don’t make it in this colour any more ) & my sofas are black.

If I didn’t have grey furniture I’d accessorise with gold or copper but don’t think it’ll go together. Or shall I just forget this & choose something else?

edited to add looking at bingo bingo’s post maybe a dark teal would be a better idea🤔

edited again to say sorry knives and flowers too! 🙂
I would paint the furniture with frenchic x

cheesybagel

I know this thread hasn’t been used for a while but I need help pleaseeee 🙏 so my living room is currently dark grey sofa, grey carpet, black, white and wooden/brown accents, I would like to add sage green panelling. I personally think this would look nice but my relative seems to think it might not go with the carpet? Opinions please? I’ve attached a photo from Pinterest which is the kind of vibe my living room is but mine has white walls, more greenery and sage green cushion covers. Thanks :)

Attachments

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
I need to paint the back of my front door. It's currently a disgusting dark brown colour. Would I use chalk paint or something else?
I’m going to paint mine, it’s not upvc & not wood not quite sure what it is tbh. On the outside I used an undercoat & then gloss.

Emsie

VIP Member
How does everyone conceal kids toys? We have an ikea kallax unit which I'm going to paint to match our furniture and change the buckets to a white (instead of the primary colours they are now) but I still hate it. My youngest is only 2 so I still need to have all his crap in the room.

• Heart

call.me.coco

Chatty Member

I’m not sure if they post to Europe but swooneditions.com have some really nice furniture. I bought a TV stand from there 2 years ago and i’m really happy with it.

blurpee

I'm on the lookout for a new sofa, and I've been really drawn to the modern mid-century style. I'm thinking of buying this one. I like its clean lines, organic shapes, and functionality that feels trendy.

What kind of sofas do you guys like?

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
Has anyone got any ideas for me? I want to decorate my living room, it’s painted apple white at the moment- was like this when we moved in.

I’d like to paint the wall behind the fireplace something like stiffkey blue & then a neutral colour on the other walls, but my furniture is hemnes in grey (ikea don’t make it in this colour any more ) & my sofas are black.

If I didn’t have grey furniture I’d accessorise with gold or copper but don’t think it’ll go together. Or shall I just forget this & choose something else?

edited to add looking at bingo bingo’s post maybe a dark teal would be a better idea🤔

edited again to say sorry knives and flowers too! 🙂

Last edited:

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
What is your door made of?
It's an old wooden type door. I'm having to have my doorway widened and obviously a new door in the near future but for now want to brighten it up as everything else is very light and bright and there's this dark manky door that looks like something Fred Flinstone would of had on the front of his house.