Holly Gabrielle #9 makes a statement

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's still a lot for somebody who is (very) non-elite.
Can we call her very non-elite? Genuinely? I honestly think if she underwent successful treatment for ED and built muscle she could be a more accomplished athlete. I don't think she'd go to the olympics or anything, but she has run marathons successfully and she clearly has the ability to be disciplined. The last two marathons have only been unsuccessful because of ED (overtraining and underfueling), but the first one (and I think the second one that Charlie came and visited for) she got around the 3hr30min mark which is a good time for more serious afab runners.

Reactions: 3
Can we call her very non-elite? Genuinely? I honestly think if she underwent successful treatment for ED and built muscle she could be a more accomplished athlete. I don't think she'd go to the olympics or anything, but she has run marathons successfully and she clearly has the ability to be disciplined. The last two marathons have only been unsuccessful because of ED (overtraining and underfueling), but the first one (and I think the second one that Charlie came and visited for) she got around the 3hr30min mark which is a good time for more serious afab runners.
My point was more that she does a huge amount of running but people get much better results from a much lower workload. That is of course probably irrelevant because I would guess she is doing it for weight control rather than performance. I don't think the ability to be disciplined is always a positive in running - it probably (for everyone, not just for Holly) leads to injury at least as often as it leads to success.

Reactions: 4
My point was more that she does a huge amount of running but people get much better results from a much lower workload. That is of course probably irrelevant because I would guess she is doing it for weight control rather than performance. I don't think the ability to be disciplined is always a positive in running - it probably (for everyone, not just for Holly) leads to injury at least as often as it leads to success.
Endurance training is a thing as is cross country running. If she weren't also going to the gym and cycling on the days that she were running, I wouldn't bat an eye at 6 miles/12k a day, especially because as far as I know she doesn't plan on giving up on marathon running. 5k days are more for speed training or just plain old running for enjoyment. If you're not a runner, 5k is gonna seem like a long distance and may be your endurance run, but Holly has ran much much further before, so 5k runs are probably a breeze when she isn't injured. I don't think her injuries can be totally blamed on the distance because osteoporosis is common for people who have struggle with anorexia and/or ED.

well I think it's also the fact that she keeps injuring herself and then instead of easing back in just jumps back in to running 83km in a week which seems wild to me

Reactions: 2
So is Ali Abdul basically running the You Tuber MLM now?
I wouldn't call it a MLM. They launched the "youtube academy" years ago and his former assistant went on to become a youtuber after stepping down from that role as well. He has so many parts to his business that he can't do it all alone. I recommend watching some of his what I made last year videos to further understand the amount of income streams that he has. When Holly says she has a business I kinda roll my eyes even though she does technically file taxes as being a business owner, but when Ali Abdul says he runs a business he means quite a large successful business to the point that he is a millionaire. His first business was actually selling a studying platform for med students before he became a youtuber.

She's 110% at everything she does so her numbers aren't going to change. You don't casually graduate first in the year at Cambridge and run the miles she does as a recreational athlete. Also, very random, but who thinks she might get engaged within the next year or two as this relationship seems pretty long term now...

Reactions: 4
Wow so she did a 10k run in the sun after only eating her oat bowl for breakfast, some walnuts and an apple with a bit of peanut butter. I hope she eats more off camera!

Wow so she did a 10k run in the sun after only eating her oat bowl for breakfast, some walnuts and an apple with a bit of peanut butter. I hope she eats more off camera!
To be fair, depending on what time she went for the run (ie before or around lunch time) then this isn't really inadequate nutrition for a relatively short run imo