Holly Gabrielle #9 makes a statement

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hadn't followed her in ages but just been catching up on the last thread, sad to see she is still very much in the grips of an ED, and as for that personal statement course at 300Ā£ šŸ™„ everyone that went to uni has "successfully" written a personal statement, no indication she's ever helped anyone else with theirs for example. Will anyone actually pay so much for this?!

Reactions: 18
There is probably an industry around getting into Oxbridge already so some peoples parents will pay for this but I don't know why they wouldn't pay for a more established service.

Reactions: 6
I don't understand why you'd pay for something like this when most people have academic tutors and career services who can help with this? Or, failing that, there's ChatGPT, which a lot of people use for stuff like this already.

There is probably an industry around getting into Oxbridge already so some peoples parents will pay for this but I don't know why they wouldn't pay for a more established service.
100% there is, I have worked in places that offer such services including interview prep etc. Especially as someone else has said with chat GPT I imagine written things like this will become less abs less important at the interview stage as its so difficult to judge how real it is

Reactions: 2
Surely no student with a degree of common sense would sign up for that course for Ā£10, let alone Ā£300.

She started at Cambridge in 2016, meaning that she wrote her personal statement in 2015. Almost a decade ago. Yes, the same basics of writing one doesnā€™t change, but why would you get tips from someone who hasnā€™t written one for that long and has no credentials to assist anyone, when there are dedicated career services and channels that could offer this for free?

Itā€™s nonsensical. I guarantee that anything she says will be easily discoverable to anyone with Google. If I was a parent and wanted to look into Holly, youā€™d find out that other than a Cambridge degree five years ago and a Masters at UCL, sheā€™s done nothing of note since then. Itā€™s the same with an employer who wanted to hire her; her only ā€œjobā€ at 26 is basically offering part time assistance to a YouTube channel while her own has died.

I feel sorry for her, but I feel even worse for any impressionable kids who convince their parents to pay for this course.

Reactions: 16
Plenty of unis (including Oxford and cambridge!!!) offer these types of thing for FREE because no one should be advantaged getting in to uni based on the amount of Ā£Ā£Ā£ they have, itā€™s so grossly unfair to offer only privileged children tips about how to write a good personal statement :/ she has more than enough resources to offer free tips and advice on her platform. You do not need to pay Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ to get in to Cambridge!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She also graduated before covid and a lot of things have changed in education since covid. She thinks acquiring a degree makes her qualified to speak on all things remotely related to biology and university and that couldn't be farther from the truth especially since she hasn't used her degree and she doesn't have a real job.

Reactions: 8
She is in no way qualified to advise on personal statements. Especially not at Ā£300!!
Sheā€™s written 1 (maybe 2 if she did one for her masters) and she has no idea what about her statement was good or bad as you donā€™t get that sort of feedbackā€¦ terrible idea from her yet again

Reactions: 12
Itā€™s so wrong to offer an advantage to those who can pay Ā£300 and potentially take advantage of people who are ā€˜fansā€™ of her. I doubt you get your money back if you donā€™t get in.

Reactions: 14
Another great update on her Strava - seems to be fighting an infection (if you believe that - I increasingly do not) - cycles 18k. More weird, disordered behaviour.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't pay Holly any amount of money to write a personal statement for me. She is extremely mal-adjusted, if I was wanting a personal statement, I'd go for someone with a more well-rounded education/hobbies/social interaction balance.

I watched her latest vlog and to sum it up:

• Holly is now part-time instead of freelance
  • She admits that her usual workout routine consists of working out twice a day with a run and/or cycling and going to the gym and sees nothing wrong with this
  • She's still eating plain rice with plain vegetables and apparently Angelo is the one that keeps her in check when it comes to managing her schedule and not eating too late in the day
  • She claims she's taken the longest break from youtube that she's ever taken but she says that frequently now, so I don't believe her and I'm not interested enough to check
  • This part is her ranting that we were complaining too much about her sharing her life and social media was really getting to her which I honestly feel was purposely obtuse because besides the STD video we didn't care about her oversharing so much as her giving advice to her audience that she knows runs on the younger side despite Holly barely being a functional adult herself. She's a Cambridge graduate and she has a master's degree, so I am less inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Almost 100km / 62 miles now and we're only 9 days into the month šŸ˜³
That's about 6 miles or 11-12 km a day which isn't so alarming on it's own considering she's a marathoner, but she also cycles and goes to the gym on top of all this running. Based on the way she eats, there's no way she's consuming enough carbs and protein to sustain this level of activity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It's still a lot for somebody who is (very) non-elite. Nothing wrong with that (if it's not part of a mental health issue, which it appears to be) but I have a friend who only runs every second day (so in some weeks, only three times a week), doesn't use running for weight control and is able to run 20 minutes for 5k on a good day. Maybe it's a case of ability will carry you some of the way (vs hard work) but it seems like a better approach on balance.

Reactions: 3