Helping a parent who’s been made redundant.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,

My 61 year old dad has just found out he is being made redundant, after working at this company for nearly 45yrs.
Of course he is going to get some redundancy (it’s capped at 20yrs) but he still has a mortgage to pay and he will also be terribly bored.
Problem is, he is a real techno-phobe. He can work his iPad but a laptop is a no go. He has never used one, he has been a carpenter all his life so has no retail experience or anything.
Im wondering if there are places I may be able to signpost him to to get support with skills to help him get a new job?
I can help him with a CV and show him how to use a job hunting site, but he would probably need to work on interview skills too. And I don’t live in the same area of the county, so can’t be there all the time to help.

If anyone has any advice, it would be most appreciated if you could share. Thank you!

Reactions: 1
If he is going to claim benefit the Jobcentre will have someone who can work with him on his CV and interview skills but as a skilled tradesman he should find work fairly easily.