Height difference

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help! Thinking about a relationship after 2.5 years single, met online the perfect guy he seems bloody lovely and genuine. Problem is, height difference! Namely, he is 5-6 and I am 5-10. I don’t know if I can cope with the idea of it; I know that sounds melodramatic but my ex was 6-4 so never had this issue before! Help! Any other ladies out there taller than your significant other? Is it an issue? I know I’m shallow but if I feel like a great big booming ogre next to him that will finish me off.

Never had that problem being 4ft 9 and a half 🙈 but I like tall men. Most of my boyfriends have been 6ft plus.

I do get it though. I met someone online many years ago who claimed he was 5ft 8" but he was probably about 5ft 4" and he was very touchy about it. It really annoyed me that he lied and it did put me off him. Never saw him again 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m taller then my husband, I’m around 5ft 10 and he is 5ft 8. Makes no difference. Look at at Dec and his wife ( as in ant and dec). Don’t let height put you off. Plus everyone is pretty much the same laying down 😉!!

Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t let it put you off, Iv never dated a guy shorter than me as I’m not very tall, but my best friend is 6ft 1 and her ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend are both shorter than her, I don’t think they look odd together. If he’s a really lovely person and you get on well I wouldn’t end things for this reason

I’m taller then my husband, I’m around 5ft 10 and he is 5ft 8. Makes no difference. Look at at Dec and his wife ( as in ant and dec). Don’t let height put you off. Plus everyone is pretty much the same laying down 😉!!
That’s reassuring! We’ve not met yet due to covid so I am still at the stage where I haven’t approached the topic, but it’s really playing on my mind lol I am off to google pics of Dec and his wife lol 😂

That’s reassuring! We’ve not met yet due to covid so I am still at the stage where I haven’t approached the topic, but it’s really playing on my mind lol I am off to google pics of Dec and his wife lol 😂
Nicole Kidman was taller then Tom Cruise, as was Katie Holmes. You need to embrace it and don’t let of put you off. Plus look at all those supermodels who date old short men!

I really wouldn't worry, I'm 6ft 1 so most guys I've dated have been shorter than me and it was absolutely fine . My husband is 6 ft 5 but it wouldn't have mattered if he was 5ft 5.

Reactions: 1
I’m just gonna have to be brave I think! And sod what anyone else thinks cuz they probably aren’t even looking! Lol thanks all!

Reactions: 1
Another good example is Jamie Culum and Sophie Dahl. I’ve always said I wouldn’t go out with someone my height (5ft 8) or less but my husband is 6ft 3 and all my previous relationships have been with tall men.

If you think he’s the man for you then don’t let it get in the way. Life’s too short to let something like that stop you from having fun ♥

52B1C726-CEAC-499B-8449-D36EA20D4B83.jpeg