Healthier lifestyle

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd start this as there's so much crappy info out there for people. Our GPs don't seem to know what they are talking about regarding nutrition.

Apparently medical students only do about 8 hours of nutrition study over their whole course. For that is an absolute disgrace considering how influential diet can be to how we feel and any heath issues we end up with in the future.

There is a number one guy I listen to on health, and for me it's this guy:

Here is a recent video about hidden ingredients in some healthy foods.

Other videos people might find useful:

Sorry, I stopped taking this nutritional 'expert' seriously when he referred to bacon as a health food. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry, I stopped taking this nutritional 'expert' seriously when he referred to bacon as a health food. 😂

Processed bacon isn't healthy but nitro free bacon is very healthy and they presume you are getting the nitro free bacon and least processed food you can.

Thought I'd start this as there's so much crappy info out there for people. Our GPs don't seem to know what they are talking about regarding nutrition.

Apparently medical students only do about 8 hours of nutrition study over their whole course. For that is an absolute disgrace considering how influential diet can be to how we feel and any heath issues we end up with in the future.

.There is a number one guy I listen to on health, and for me it's this guy:

Here is a recent video about hidden ingredients in some healthy foods.

Other videos people might find useful:

I like Diet Dr

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
He's certainly qualified being a physician. He has researched this stuff for a long time. Bacon is definitely fine for you, given it is a fatty meat. Too many people have been told meat and fat is bad for us, but this is false.

The sugar industry paid off scientists in the 1960s to create the propaganda that fat is bad for us, but all along that's been false. People would be better off feeding their kids a few pieces of bacon rather than fruit or sugary cereal, which is just sugar.

Another person to follow is this guy:

Below he responds to the film 'game changers' which goes with the argument that plant based diets are better than animal based diets:

Last edited:
He's certainly qualified being a physician. He has researched this stuff for a long time. Bacon is definitely fine for you, given it is a fatty meat. Too many people have been told meat and fat is bad for us, but this is false.

The sugar industry paid off scientists in the 1960s to create the propaganda that fat is bad for us, but all along that's been false. People would be better off feeding their kids a few pieces of bacon rather than fruit or sugary cereal, which is just sugar.

Another person to follow is this guy:

Below he responds to the film 'game changers' which goes with the argument that plant based diets are better than animal based diets:

i think some sugar is healthy for you and is needed but you should have it in the form of maybe one or two pieces of fruit a day! not the amount we eat now

Reactions: 7
i think some sugar is healthy for you and is needed but you should have it in the form of maybe one or two pieces of fruit a day! not the amount we eat now
This is an interesting video about sugar. I did notice that when I went 2 weeks cutting out sugar that when I tasted soda, it certainly was very sweet indeed.

Many of these guys seem to push the Keto ' agenda '. I do however enjoy the content of Dr Alan Mandell, and Nutritionist Abbey Sharp.

I really want to start being healthy, I know sweet foods are my downfall and I really struggle to cut back. Before covid I had healthy lunches at least but I have fallen into bad eating habits since. Although even before covid I never had just the one cake.

I really want to start LBT this week using you tube videos.

I really want to start being healthy, I know sweet foods are my downfall and I really struggle to cut back. Before covid I had healthy lunches at least but I have fallen into bad eating habits since. Although even before covid I never had just the one cake.

Sugar is definitely addictive. I have to cut cakes, biscuits and chocolate out completely, once every 6 weeks or so I have a sugar frenzy day then back on it. It's like cigarettes, as long as I don't have any left at the end of the day, I can go back on the wagon but Lord help me if I leave any and it's still there the next morning.

A functional practioner is useful, there's a few popping up in the UK now. They tend to be qualified GPs but have a more holistic approach. Particular useful for post viral syndrome in my opinion.

It's mixing sugar with fat that makes it so addictive. You couldn't eat much cream on its own, you couldn't eat much sugar on its own. But add the two together to make ice cream or cheesecake and your body struggles to stop eating it.

I've not got much time for all these "health guru" videos trying to get clicks. Eat natural unprocessed foods (which rules out 95% of stuff in supermarkets). Avoid refined carbs, sugar or fat.

Reactions: 6

try to eat a piece of sweet fruit everytime you get a craving for now.

One thing that really pisses me off the enthusiasm surrounding smoothies as a healthy drink.
It's sugar. You're drinking sugar. Fruit is sugary but it's slow releasing sugar as it's tied up with fibre so the sugar is released slowly over time as your body is digesting it. When you blend fruit you break the fibre bonds so it's just free sugar. It's the equivalent of drinking a sugary drink. Drives me mental when I see people talk about smoothies and say it's a good healthy breakfast. It's not filling at all so you'll be starving in 30 minutes and you'll be tired after 10 minutes when your sugar levels drop. You'd be better off actually eating the stuff that's in the smoothie

One thing that really pisses me off the enthusiasm surrounding smoothies as a healthy drink.
It's sugar. You're drinking sugar. Fruit is sugary but it's slow releasing sugar as it's tied up with fibre so the sugar is released slowly over time as your body is digesting it. When you blend fruit you break the fibre bonds so it's just free sugar. It's the equivalent of drinking a sugary drink. Drives me mental when I see people talk about smoothies and say it's a good healthy breakfast. It's not filling at all so you'll be starving in 30 minutes and you'll be tired after 10 minutes when your sugar levels drop. You'd be better off actually eating the stuff that's in the smoothie
I grabbed a smoothie for class today. Can confirm feel like tit.

Thank you!! I've been looking for ways to give up my sugar addiction
The M&S thread raved about the Golden blonde spread so of course I had to buy it and I now spread about 2 teaspoons over a banana and eat that for my sugar craving.