Hayfever

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nasal spray works much better than the tablets. Don't dry your clothes esp bed sheets outside. Vaseline inside your nose when you go to bed.

Reactions: 1
I get a kenalog injection at the start of pollen each year and usually don’t have to use other treatments on top of it

Has anyone come on over the past few days. I've been sneezing that much I'm struggling not to piss my self 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Tea spoon of natural honey every morning has been helping me! Although my eyes are driving me mad they’re watering that much 😫

Fexofenadine 180mg sorts me out. Nothing over the counter really works for me. They are prescription tho. You can’t drink alcohol with them like or you will become a zombie! They are ridiculously drowsy when mixed with alcohol!

Benedryl, the quick action one, plus nose spray and eye drops.

Honey, has to be a local one though, try a farm shop.

Struggling at minute. Last few years been suffering more in chest from it. Fantastic pollen bomb this week

Fexofenadine 180mg sorts me out. Nothing over the counter really works for me. They are prescription tho. You can’t drink alcohol with them like or you will become a zombie! They are ridiculously drowsy when mixed with alcohol!
Second this.

I was prescribed these last summer and within 24 hours I was like a different person.

This year however they have given me 120mg and I still have a tickly nose which gets stuffy at night and I sneeze constantly, might give the doctor a call and ask them to up the dosage.

They used to also prescribe me with a steroid nose spray and eye drops which were really good.

My eyes are suffering and the morning sneezes are annoying but manageable. But, my chest sounds like I’ve smoked 60 fags the previous day when I wake up on a high pollen count day. Anyone else have this? Wheezing away here currently

it starts creaking for me lol.struggling with this but glad not just me

My eyes are suffering and the morning sneezes are annoying but manageable. But, my chest sounds like I’ve smoked 60 fags the previous day when I wake up on a high pollen count day. Anyone else have this? Wheezing away here currently

Have you got the prescription tablets ? Much stronger than shop bought ones. Ask for the nasal spray too!

Iv seen an expert on the telly who reckons using the nasal spray in the months leading up to spring/ summer will greatly reduce symptoms. She reckoned it helps more so than the tablets. But I’m terrible for taking tablets as a corrective measure instead of a preventative.

Second this.

I was prescribed these last summer and within 24 hours I was like a different person.

This year however they have given me 120mg and I still have a tickly nose which gets stuffy at night and I sneeze constantly, might give the doctor a call and ask them to up the dosage.

They used to also prescribe me with a steroid nose spray and eye drops which were really good.
I have these too but the 180mg and they are brilliant but I still get hayfever every now and then. I also have a nasal spray and eye drops.

My hayfever hasn't been that bad this year. It was shocking last year though.

Whatever you do - don’t use Ortivine. That stuff if like crack, you get stuck on it and can’t breathe without it. I literally had to detox myself from Otrivine :LOL:. I find Fexofenadine is good and I have a steroid nasal spray I use but can’t remember the name of - both prescribed by the GP.

• Haha