Hay Fever/Summer Allergies 🤧

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am suffering pretty badly this year (streaming eyes, itchiness and redness on eyelids, sneezing, tickle in throat, dry skin, itchy skin without a rash) is anyone else suffering more than usual?
It’s the first year I’ve ever had symptoms as bad as this, when I’m at work my eyes are streaming and I generally feel rough!
Apart from the obvious hay fever relief tablets does anyone have any advice?

I suffer really badly with allergies/hay-fever, even more so in the last 5 years. Something I've always done is eat honey sourced locally, as its suppose to strengthen your system against the pollen - not sure how true that is but I love honey so I'm not complaining haha
Second thing, a piece of advice I got from a pharmacist is to take the antihistamine before going to bed, that way you'll sleep better and won't wake up feeling as groggy etc - this one definitely works! 💚

Reactions: 2
I suffer really badly with allergies/hay-fever, even more so in the last 5 years. Something I've always done is eat honey sourced locally, as its suppose to strengthen your system against the pollen - not sure how true that is but I love honey so I'm not complaining haha
Second thing, a piece of advice I got from a pharmacist is to take the antihistamine before going to bed, that way you'll sleep better and won't wake up feeling as groggy etc - this one definitely works! 💚
Honey on toast - that I can do ☺ Great advice for the antihistamine, if I take one in the morning by about 2pm I’m ready for bed 😬
There has been an abundance of dandelions where I live this year, so I’m wondering if they are the culprits!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Honey on toast - that I can do ☺ Great advice for the antihistamine, if I take one in the morning by about 2pm I’m ready for bed 😬
There has been an abundance of dandelions where I live this year, so I’m wondering if they are the culprits!
it changed my life when she told me to take the antihistamine before bed, it was like a revelation haha - you can search online "pollen count (your area)" and it'll give you a list etc and that way you can narrow down maybe what it is youre most allergic too!

Anti-histamines, eye drops, nasal spray are your absolute core things (speak to your doctor rather than buying tablets or nasal sprays off the shelf, eye drops are fine to buy from behind the counter. Fexafenadine and Dymista in combination is better than anything else for me). Wear big sunglasses (big lenses but also big arms) when you're outside, you will look like a knob when it's not sunny but it stops the pollen getting in your eyes. Similarly if your nose is a bigger issue then luckily Covid has given us masks, alternatively Vaseline smeared around your nostrils is supposed to trap pollen there. When you come in from work change your clothes and wash your hair (your hair is then pollen free which is particularly important so you aren't then transferring pollen to your pillow at night. Ensure all bedding and clothes are dried indoors rather than outdoors for the duration of the pollen season. Keeping all windows shut is also obviously sensible (or get a pollen filter). Rub down any pets when they come inside with a damp towel.

I've suffered for over 20 years now and get it really badly. Sadly it seems to just be about mitigating exposure for six weeks or so every year and getting through it. Miserable, but I can now cope.

Reactions: 2
Anti-histamines, eye drops, nasal spray are your absolute core things (speak to your doctor rather than buying tablets or nasal sprays off the shelf, eye drops are fine to buy from behind the counter. Fexafenadine and Dymista in combination is better than anything else for me). Wear big sunglasses (big lenses but also big arms) when you're outside, you will look like a knob when it's not sunny but it stops the pollen getting in your eyes. Similarly if your nose is a bigger issue then luckily Covid has given us masks, alternatively Vaseline smeared around your nostrils is supposed to trap pollen there. When you come in from work change your clothes and wash your hair (your hair is then pollen free which is particularly important so you aren't then transferring pollen to your pillow at night. Ensure all bedding and clothes are dried indoors rather than outdoors for the duration of the pollen season. Keeping all windows shut is also obviously sensible (or get a pollen filter). Rub down any pets when they come inside with a damp towel.

I've suffered for over 20 years now and get it really badly. Sadly it seems to just be about mitigating exposure for six weeks or so every year and getting through it. Miserable, but I can now cope.
Wow thank you amazing advice. My eyes seem to be the worst part of me that’s taking the hit. Interestingly I tried taking dandelion root tablets recently (not related to hay fever) and I had a bad reaction from them, felt like I could rip my skin off but didn’t have any rash! I didn’t know you could look up the pollen count in the area either. Thank you for this and I hope you’re not having too much of a bad time this year with it 🙏🏻

I have the same problem this year ☹ I’ve always had pretty bad hay fever but I’ve never had a cough before! I’m currently undergoing allergen immunotherapy (desensitization) but it takes several years to minimise the symptoms.

If you are suffering with particularly bad sneezing or eye sensitivity, I’d suggest seeing a doctor. I was referred to an allergist who prescribed me a mometasone nasal spray. You use it twice a day and it really does stop the running/sneezing. I feel a lot better now that I’ve started using it. I still take antihistamines but they do not help me as much.

My hay-fever is worse this year and has been really affecting my eyes . I wonder if the dry and windy weather have made it worse.

I have the same problem this year ☹ I’ve always had pretty bad hay fever but I’ve never had a cough before! I’m currently undergoing allergen immunotherapy (desensitization) but it takes several years to minimise the symptoms.

If you are suffering with particularly bad sneezing or eye sensitivity, I’d suggest seeing a doctor. I was referred to an allergist who prescribed me a mometasone nasal spray. You use it twice a day and it really does stop the running/sneezing. I feel a lot better now that I’ve started using it. I still take antihistamines but they do not help me as much.
Probably by the time I can see a doctor it’ll be cold again 😂 but I’ll try, my eyes just stream as soon as I come in from being outside, which isn’t the best look when I’m a make up artist crying in front of a client 😂

• Sad
Probably by the time I can see a doctor it’ll be cold again 😂 but I’ll try, my eyes just stream as soon as I come in from being outside, which isn’t the best look when I’m a make up artist crying in front of a client 😂
I hope you can be seen soon, waiting for such a long time is a nightmare. The thing is, the corticosteroid eye drops and nasal spray are technically prescription-only, but I don’t think I was ever asked to show my prescription when buying them 😬 As for now, try wearing sunglasses as much as possible, it’s not a perfect look but it stops the pollen from getting into your eyes.

I hope you can be seen soon, waiting for such a long time is a nightmare. The thing is, the corticosteroid eye drops and nasal spray are technically prescription-only, but I don’t think I was ever asked to show my prescription when buying them 😬 As for now, try wearing sunglasses as much as possible, it’s not a perfect look but it stops the pollen from getting into your eyes.
Maybe the pharmacist will be my
Friend 🤣

Maybe the pharmacist will be my Friend 🤣
He was my friend today, had a very sore eye, bloodshot, the whole eye socket!
I was told it was Hay Fever and advised to take an antihistamine. I was a little
baffled by this but I've taken a Piriton and it's working already, taking a couple
more during the day.