Having a child in today's world?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lots of people do regret having kids though. I think some women who are “on the fence” about it feel pressured into having a baby - as it’s the done thing, and then they regret it. However in OPs case it sounds like she genuinely does want a kid but it’s just the circumstances with the world that is putting her off so I agree she should go for it.
If people regret having their children there are ways to go about it.. I’m sure a family member would adopt the child, they can be put up for adoption to strangers if they’re that desperate or they can reach out to others and I’m sure they’d help. If someone didn’t want their child that I knew I’d happily take them in. For me personally if I’m planning to have a child I’ll accept anything thrown at me, I’ll be prepared for whats about to come and if I still regret having a child after I planned to have them then shame on me. Sorry I know this will offend people I just don’t understand how anyone could regret having their planned child. You don’t just give up when things get tough :/ it’s pretty sad really. I think in this certain case though, she won’t regret having her child. :) 🤞

If people regret having their children there are ways to go about it.. I’m sure a family member would adopt the child, they can be put up for adoption to strangers if they’re that desperate or they can reach out to others and I’m sure they’d help. If someone didn’t want their child that I knew I’d happily take them in. For me personally if I’m planning to have a child I’ll accept anything thrown at me, I’ll be prepared for whats about to come and if I still regret having a child after I planned to have them then shame on me. Sorry I know this will offend people I just don’t understand how anyone could regret having their planned child. You don’t just give up when things get tough :/ it’s pretty sad really. I think in this certain case though, she won’t regret having her child. :) 🤞
I’m not saying they regret the child to the point of neglecting them - but I even know of some girls who have openly said if they knew how hard motherhood would be they wouldn’t have had a baby. If you google it there’s a Reddit thread somewhere where loads of mums are saying that basically they love their kids and will care for them for the rest of their lives but if they could do it all again they’d never have them (even my own mum has said something similar to me). It’s sad really but there is so much pressure on women to have a family and this notion that it “completes” us that a lot end up making an unwise choice.

Reactions: 2