Have you ever wanted to be an influencer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never.

While the free stuff aspect might be nice I don't think it would be worth the rest of it. I'd hate to live my life for an audience, to have to constantly consider that audience and to shill tat that I know is rubbish or at least massively overpriced to people who probably can't afford it. I don't think I could do it whatever the perks. It would all feel embarrassing.

Reactions: 2
I run a blog and have associated social media accounts with it, so you could say I'm also a semi-influencer? Plenty of us who make a good income from blogging also make a small income from social media on the side. I know quite a lot of the big UK bloggers (across the food, tech, travel, money-saving and craft niches) and I think most of us dabble.

I don't put much effort into social as it doesn't earn well compared with the blog. But I quite enjoy doing it and I know a lot of my long-term readers seem to enjoy following me. So I don't mind a spot of 'influencing' - it's all about how you do it. I think the public sees influencers as being young girls shilling makeup and clothes without much skill, but that's the crap end of it. If you influence people on social media, you're an influencer - whether that's about getting cheap train tickets or cooking the perfect lasagne or choosing a good sewing machine. You don't have to be a muppet flogging useless tat.

Absolutely not, no. I’m not really interested in ‘influencing’ people to buy a load of cheap plastic crap because to be honest most people buy too much of that shite already. I dislike the dishonesty of people pretending that they ‘absolutely love’ something when we all know that it’ll go straight on Depop or some other selling site. I also dislike the amount of free tit that gets thrown at them when other people are just struggling to survive.

Reactions: 3
Back in 2010, pre-IG, I wanted to be a fashion blogger or YouTuber (like Bethany Mota), but I realized it was void of any substance, so I dropped the idea. Then I interned at a couple of fashion houses and didn’t like it. That was the end of my interest.

Reactions: 1
I just don't like the idea of my face being known, I like being a Jane Bloggs 😂 Anonymity is priceless. Even the best paid celeb influencers pay the price of every action and every word being scrutinized, people knowing where you live, etc. Also not sure what I would shill, my style is non existent and I never have the latest tech 😂

Reactions: 1
I just don't like the idea of my face being known, I like being a Jane Bloggs 😂 Anonymity is priceless. Even the best paid celeb influencers pay the price of every action and every word being scrutinized, people knowing where you live, etc. Also not sure what I would shill, my style is non existent and I never have the latest tech 😂
You don't have to show your face! One of my friends is a recipe blogger and she does a lot of social media on the side but never shows her face (other than IRL when she talks at events).