Have you ever wanted to be an influencer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just curious to know if any tattlers have been or have ever wanted to be an ‘influencer’!

I kind of did about two years ago, but I was ripped off by dodgy companies saying ‘promote our stuff and get a money off code and get free clothes!’ Did I every see any free clothes? Obviously not 😂 I’d never quit my full time job for it, And I think my bf would kick me out haha

Then I found tattle and I am soo glad I never became an influencer lol, it has opened my eyes to just how bad the influenza world is!

If you wanted to be an influencer, what put you off? Do you still want to be one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hell, yes, but only if I can be one of the influencers on £500k+ a year and on top of that milking the tit of every free product & service that throws itself in my DMs! You could tit on me all day, every day, in multiple Tattle threads in exchange for that!

Of course that's the dream and very few make it, because it does take work and perseverance to get there, churning out vids every couple of days and keeping grinding away at it, trying to turn those 10 views a day into 20. Must be soul destroying in the early days, which can last for months stretching into years, and no guarantees of ever getting anywhere.

Maybe being an Instagrammer would suit me more. Taking iPhone snaps of myself in car parks, on traffic islands, and in front of mirrors admiring my own ass sounds less work. I am, after all, special and people would find my utterly nondescript life fascinating. Relatable at the very least.

It remains a mystery to me why some accounts make it and many more don't (purchasing followers aside).

Reactions: 13
Nah, although I'm not sure anyone wants to see a slightly overweight, middle aged woman in Dubai, in a bikini wedged up my arse and saggy tits spilling out everywhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I used to write a blog and looking back I never thought the industry would turn into such an 'influencaaaa' world. When I wrote my blog I did it because I loved having a space on the internet to write about things I was interested in - like politics, travel and lifestyle (although, I CRINGE at that word now!).

The one thing I really dislike about the influencer world is how everything is the same - the brand partnerships, the types of content etc. and I can only think of a handful of internet people who write about things that actually matter. I know it's a bit of escapism for people - but at the same time, I just wish they shared a slither of stuff that actually matters. For example, last week when we had the UK local elections I looked at some of the big UK-based Instagrammers on that day to see if anyone, ANYONE had posted about going to vote - or even just say 'don't forget to vote guys!' - especially considering the past year and how important that election was. But nothing. Nada. Not. One. Single. Word. Just a day of free facials, hauls and selfies.

But then, when the US elections were happening- they were SO vocal about it, despite having a predominantly UK-based audience. I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but I think this is one of things that really annoys me and looking back, it was the stuff I really wanted to post more about when I wrote my blog - but I just felt so out of the ordinary with it. Although, perhaps that could have been my USP as an influencer!

I also felt super self-conscious about posting things and I made a couple of YouTube videos which pop up on my feed every so often and I actually can't believe I had the confidence. Plus I was awful at keeping to a regular schedule. 🙈

Reactions: 9
I couldn’t think of anything worse. I was brought up to work hard and it would go completely against my morals.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No way never though i am on the same page as @JoJo76 and middle ages post babies nobody wants to see this....the only ring he’d be putting on it these days is a gastric ring and a tight top would squeeze under boob over boob and side boob 🤢

that aside, am happy in my skin and do wonder how truly happy anyone who calls themself an influencer can be. Bangs of cool gal with attitude in school a la mean girls. Why would anyone want to throw themselves into exposing so much of their lives online with no actual talent??

it seems egotistic to the max and i just can’t relate to it as a “real” job.

Reactions: 5
Absolutely not. I like private time, I work hard, and I don't expect to get anything for nothing. And if my children choose to share their lives, that's up to them. I feel as if every so-called influencer puts themselves first and pimps out everyone around them. I'm also not good at photoshop so I obviously couldn't do shots of myself as it appears to be compulsory to appear a third of your actual size. With boats instead of lips.

Reactions: 4
I used to have a decent sized study account on instagram and have thought about also starting a youtube because it seemed so easy to make money that way but luckily I never did!
Think it would have absolutely wrecked me, as the study community has turned incredible toxic!

Reactions: 3
The free holidays would be nice. I wonder if there is a niche for late middle aged, balding, fat blokes in a bikini?
I’ll happily sacrifice my dignity for 2 weeks of being in the sun.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No. Not even in the slightest. I can’t think of anything worse actually. It gives me so much secondhand embarrassment watching these imbeciles talking shite into their phones and how fake it all is. Nope. Just no!!!

Reactions: 7
No, not an influencer. I value my privacy too much and I feel creeper out that people I come across in real life could see what I posted .

Although, I feel like I could offer advice on lifestyle issues like capusule wardrobe or frugal living with a different approach to people who already do this.
So maybe on a small scale.

However, this would have to be an anonymous account. I'm sure no one would follow it if they saw it was me . That's the best thing and tattle , it's anonymous. I feel like most of my posts would be ignored if I posted in my real name with a photo of myself.

Reactions: 2
I don't want to be a influencer but I'd like to post more, I started YouTube, just recording cheap days out here in spain, local restaurants, cheap staycations. Stuff in the charity shop I volunteer in, I literally won't talk 😂 camera shy. But over time it's making me cringe too much. (Social media) Literally everyone is starting to become more naked, trying to sell some bullshit and the over the editing, I hardly recognise places I've been to. So I cba 😂

Reactions: 5
The money & the opportunities it brings is appealing but I'm a very private person and wouldn't want to put all my business out there like that and i'd feel a bit embarrassed knowing that people i know or work with are seeing my videos and all this personal stuff about me.

Plus I like to get absolutely shitfaced at the weekend and act like a total mess. I wouldn't want someone recognising me and taking videos or sharing stories of my weekend antics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The first few months, it was more so playing with my new cameras which is a hobby, then you actually see how you can make money from YouTube. I joined a few FB groups trying to learn about YouTube. My god those people are intense, I didn't realize but its just about getting subscriber numbers up, you have to follow everybody in the group and watch their videos to get their watch time up. Even if it is seriously boring. No general questions allowed. What they ask is ridiculously time consuming. They start getting arsey when you don't participate. And I find a lot of groups are like that. People with zero interest in each others stuff but just trying to get on a platform to make money.

Last edited:
  • Sad
When I had my son 2.5 years ago I sort of got sucked into the instamum life. In my defence I didn’t realise it was all smoke and mirrors (im way too naive) so I believed everything people like MOD, Clemmie Telford, YesMum talked about/said was out of the goodness of their heart just mums sharing info (🙄🙄🙄🙄) I didn’t realise everything was a sales pitch.

I got chatting to smaller mum accounts and used to tag clothing companies in pictures of my child in the hopes of a reshare. God I just die thinking about it now! When I joined Tattle a few months later my eyes were completely opened. I unfollowed all the instamums and locked my profile down to private and kicked every follower I didn’t know off my account.

Reactions: 6
The money would be great (well, for high earners) but I value my anonymity. I don’t think I’ve seen many examples of big influencers who’ve been able to hide their identities. Besides all that, I’m too old and don’t have anything to ‘influence’ people with anyway, as I’m not really clued up on fashion trends, make up techniques/brands, hair care/styles, celeb style/culture/gossip, etc.

Reactions: 1
Once I've got big tits I'll become so popular I'll have my own thread on here 😂😂😂

I've said before that I don't think me "influencing" people would end well 😅

I'd kind of like to be famous enough that people knew my name, but not so famous as to be recognised in the street.

Reactions: 2