Have you ever purchased something that was later recalled?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only kinder products last year. They recalled loads of mini eggs etc.

Reactions: 1
I ordered tapioca Pearls from Amazon for making bubble tea at home.

A few months later got an email.They were going to refund me.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes, frozen blueberries a few months ago. Apparently a few people who'd purchased the same batch ended up in hospital with listeria! Thankfully I had not yet consumed them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
@Wednesday Break My Heart has reminded me ... my car, too ... something about airbags the first time, brakes the second time and airbags again on the third time ... seriously, why don't they test these things properly before releasing them to market?

• Sad
Yep. It was a toaster from Asda. It got recalled because it was electrocuting people I think. They said we could take it back for a full refund but I was too lazy to go at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
— I just received an e-mail telling me to stop using all the products from The Laundress a detergent brand

— Frozen potato shreds that were harboring a pathogen

16BDBB00-B40D-4C41-B600-6504EC6A1A9E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yes, a car seat I bought got recalled. Luckily the email came through before my baby arrived so we never actually used it. We swapped it for a different one, but I was quite shocked something like a car seat could have manufacturing faults 😬

• Wow
Also my car when it was about 8 years old. ‘The risk identified regards the possibility that the glue holding the glass on the rear door could detach. If this occurs, the glass will only remain attached by one fixation point.’ Mine got checked and was fine.

2 cars. And my son's cot, we got it when I was 6 months pregnant and it was recalled when he was nearly 2, worked out though as my daughter got a brand-new cot.