Have you ever been on TV?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i was on the pepsi chart show when it was on sky back in the 80s not many people had it so no one saw it !
Was also filmed on a flight back from holiday in the 90s buying some duty free (& smoking lol) for the Airline programme.. not long after being filmed the pilot announced news that The Princess of Wales had been injured in a car crash and Dodi Fayed had died. It was a long haul flight and she had died by time we landed ..I watched the programme but the filming from that flight was never shown (perhaps out of respect for them).

• Sad
Reactions: 4
In the audience on Bullseye - 2 of our darts team were on the show and their partners refused to go.

And back in the early 80's on 'Rolf on Saturdays'. Every week had a different school on it, he'd paint a picture & do songs we had to learn for weeks in school first before filming. They'd have a band each week as special guests, I can't remember who ours were now, not Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet tho 🤣

When it came out about Rolf years later, I was so shocked. He was lovely with all of us kids.

And in the audience on 'Antiques Road Trip' at our local auction house. David Barbie RIP - lovely man, chatted to us for ages.

Reactions: 2
And in the audience on 'Antiques Road Trip' at our local auction house. David Barbie RIP - lovely man, chatted to us for ages.
I had to Google this! Didn't realise he passed away so long ago as they're definitely still showing him on various episodes of antique shows (I thought were more current)

Only TV for me was being zoomed right in on when I was in the audience of who wants to be a millionaire. You can see me and my friend trying not to burst out laughing as they make you keep a 😐 face 🤣

Was just thinking about a programme I watched maybe about 2008 called single mums mansion where a group of single mums went to live commune style in a huge house somewhere. You would have applied to go on the show.

Has anyone ever been on a show not a game show but like a back in time or something? I wanted to apply to child of our time but my due date was 2 weeks too late then dd was born 3 weeks early 🤦🏻‍♀️

Have often wondered where those mums are now in life. Would be lovely to know.
I remember single mums mansion it was really good. I liked Teresina the best but I remember her mum visited and she was really horrible I felt so sorry for poor Teresina who was quite messed up at the time. All the mums were such different characters.

As regarding appearing on tv during the 2010 election campaign Gordon brown visited our work and I was on the local news but didn’t know so missed it. My workmate saw it and phoned me up in hysterics cos she saw me and my colleague!

There's footage of me in university writing code as part of one of our programming modules.

Some feel-good shite about how great it is that there's like 2 female students studying for a degree in computer science. University patting themselves on the back for such inclusion and diversity.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
i was on the pepsi chart show when it was on sky back in the 80s not many people had it so no one saw it !
Was also filmed on a flight back from holiday in the 90s buying some duty free (& smoking lol) for the Airline programme.. not long after being filmed the pilot announced news that The Princess of Wales had been injured in a car crash and Dodi Fayed had died. It was a long haul flight and she had died by time we landed ..I watched the programme but the filming from that flight was never shown (perhaps out of respect for them).
omg that was when the Airline show was Britannia airways from Manchester right? I loved it and just found all the episodes on youtube!

Reactions: 1
My elder sister used to be shy. To overcome this, one of our friends parent's recommended my parents sign her up with a children's agency. This was the early 2000s before influencers and reality tv oversaturated an already saturated industry.

We both got signed up. It was fun back then, we weren't trying to be famous, and our parents weren't trying to make us famous. I did a lot of magazine and tv ads for national brands; appeared in a children's program for an episode (one that used different kids each episode); then did commercials for bigger international brands like coca cola in my teens.

It stopped being fun when I was about 15/16 and I stopped being seen as a child, but now as a woman. I was under constant pressure to diet, etc etc, you know how it goes. I also had other issues going on, so I quit with the support of my family. My sister continued (also with the support of our family) and did very well for herself.

Reactions: 3
I was on my local news when I was younger but my sister was in the audience for Graham Norton when he interviewed Matthew Perry and she was the girl who put her hand up and answered the unanswerable question... what was Chandler Bing’s job?! 😂😂

Reactions: 4
I was on Ready Steady Cook way back in the day when it was presented by the adorable Fern Britton.

I was on a late night football programme a few times that was on a bizarre channel and was hosted by Lofty off Eastenders.

More recently I've been interviewed on Sky News about A level results.

Back during Euro ‘96 GMTV did a segment at my Primary School. The boys football team recreated a goal against Holland whilst the legendary Ross Kelly spoke to a couple of us about the football.
Prior to going live Ross Kelly was asking us some questions about Scotland and me being a flash little sh** answered them all so he wanted me to be the main talker 🤦🏼‍♀️
The best bit was when the boys recreated the goal live the goalkeeper saved it by accident! 😂
I can’t find footage of this anywhere now either!