Has anyone ever been to Spring Harvest?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An Evangelical festival held at Butlins’ across the country.

Through my husband, it’s something I’ve heard a lot about over the years. He grew up in a Christian household (his mum in particular) and went to Spring Harvest many times as a child and young adult.

Now; despite being christened, going to a C of E primary, and attending Sunday school as a child. My parents are not religious. My dad in particular is very anti religion, and has made some horrible comments about my husband and his family over the years (thankfully I have minimal contact with him). Over the years, I’ve been conflicted with my belief, but always thought myself a Christian.
But, when I met my MIL, she told my husband I wasn’t a Christian. Wouldn’t let me sleep over at their house, and didn’t want us to move in together before marriage. I’ve struggled over the years with their more evangelical beliefs, whereas mine are a bit more your Protestant/CofE/traditional. Whenever I’ve gone to services of any kind at their Baptist church, I haven’t enjoyed them.

This year, we have been invited along to Spring Harvest… I would love to hear if anyone has any experience of going. The good, the bad; anything!
I’m really unsure about what I’m going to get from it. Other than it probably cementing my own beliefs.

Really interested to hear others experiences 😊

I've never been but everyone I know who went did tend towards the lightbulb screwing, happy clappy evangelist type of Christianity.

The combination of that with Butlins would be a no from me.