Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maggiemaynot

VIP Member
I have been away for a few days and on my travels met up with a friend who spent a couple of nights last week in Ballater, the village near Balmoral.
He stayed in a small family owned guest house where the owner, a man in his late sixties has lived all his life.
My friend checked in at the same time as an American couple who were also staying for a couple of nights and the owner started to tell them about the area, things to do etc. before talk turned to the Royals and the owner asked the Americans how Haz and Smeg were being seen in the States now. They replied that no one really cares about them but that their ‘privacy’ thing is seen as a joke and was mainly greeted by a laugh and a collective eye roll. South Park went down well.
So they all had a giggle and then the owner went on to tell them a few stories about the Royal family…

Charles and Camilla… Both lovely. When a member of the estate staff or a member of their family is ill or having a hard time they will go to the village and carefully choose and buy various items to be made up into a basket which they will then take in person to the recipient’s house. Camilla will quite happily drive herself around will also smile and wave to the residents. No airs and graces.

William and Catherine… Also lovely. Catherine takes the children to the local shops to buy colouring books, crayons etc. to keep them amused while they’re staying there. Delightful well mannered children.

Princess Anne… Not seen too often these days but always pleasant.

Edward and Sophie… Again, always pleasant.

And now,
Andrew… Arsehole. If you even as much as glanced at him he’d scowl and turn his face away as though you weren’t worthy of gazing upon him.

Harry.. Was a nasty petulant child who grew into a nasty petulant man. When he was a child it was a good idea to keep an eye on him if he was in the vicinity of any of the estate animals. (This man had family members who worked on the estate)

Diana… Could be charm personified but could also storm around looking sulky and annoyed.

The general thing is that the locals are happy to have them there and the family can go about their business with no one batting an eye because everyone is used to seeing them around.
There is a heightened sense of security since Harry made the Taliban thing public and people are angry about that. Even though it’s not visible they can feel the difference.

Birkhall is being made ready and Charles and Camilla are expected to be there after Easter.

That’s all I have and to be fair I don’t think there’s much there that we tattlers didn’t know or guess at before.
But this came from someone who’s been there his whole life and had family work on the Balmoral estate. He didn’t give away any great secrets but still interesting.

Thank you to @Duee for the great title and @Cassandra333 for the great recap and new thread. I’ve missed most of the last one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 98

Chita

VIP Member
I know how you all love reminiscing over her classic outfits.

Here's a reminder of 3 of our favourites.....

outfits purple and pink plus moving bump.jpg
outfits red trouser suit.jpg

oh and this classic....

outfits black dress bump.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

Chita

VIP Member
Happy Easter Tattlers.

Their route to the Abbey on the big day has been announced........

tower of london boats  SMALLER.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Bobble22

VIP Member
Harry & Meghan #329 They won’t be at the Palace because they’re full of malice

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
New book by Robert Jobson says :
- Catherine found the walkabout very difficult.
- KC was frustrated at H bad manners overshadowing his 2016 Gulf tour.
- H was furious when his father told him he couldn't afford to fund M as well as W&C and kids and Camilla.
- HMLQ found Hs calls about his grievances difficult and wearisome.
- H swore at his father and repeatedly asked for funds.
- Queen was mystified by harkles public criticism of monarchy and RF and described their behaviour as 'quite mad'.
Of course she found it difficult.
She loved the Queen and was mourning.
She was trying to support her husband who was upset at losing his Grandmother but also had to put up with his brother and tantrums.
She had to comfort her children.
She realised her life was about to change,.
And to top it all she had to appear on a walkabout when she would rather be at home with her husband and children and put up with the Harkles.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

hehehe

VIP Member
H looks so naturally happy then.

To think that even after the gruesome duo fucked around and Philip died, Catherine still took the time to engage with H at the funeral, the only one to walk beside him and talk to him ... and how he has stabbed her in the back repeatedly since then for his own selfishness and to appease his jealous cunt wife.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 67

FrancesDundee80

VIP Member
Yes it's disgusting, but she's in a better place safe and warm with the love of her life. The Stoat on the other hand is stuck with his dereliction of duty like a stinkbug in amber. His cruelty will be with him for the rest of his days whatever he does or wherever he goes, so don't be sad. Karma got him and has him and he can't escape what he did.
---
I find it even more disgusting that not only he was in the UK during HMTLQ last days and couldn't be bothered to visit her, but he had spent her last months harassing her for money and vain demands. A 96 year old frail and dying Lady, who had always protected and defended him. And then he showed his lack of remorse by putting a scandal about the ILBW going to Balmoral and played all shenanigans on earth on the days between TLQ death and her funeral.

This is not the portrait of a petulant grandson: this is the portrait of a man without character, kindness and self awareness. I, for the most of the time, would blame de ILBW, and consider him a dimwit hostage. But from September onward I think those two found each other because they were meant to be and they share a lot of values (or lack of values, to be precise).

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Great title by @Duee
Found for me by @Hannahebee. Thank you so much.

We still don't like haz and smeg.
We're bored stiff about them now
We would like the truth to come out.

We touched on reparations with many strong feelings abounding. Yet we all remained friends. It's a wonderful forum here.
Someone came along to tell us a load of propaganda about China. I hope we're not going to get targeted.
Lots of history which was interesting.
Camilla will be Queen without the consort added. Quite right too, imo.
We're still playing 'will they/won't they' but most of us are past caring.
Lots of cartoons, memes, humour - all the good stuff.
Smeg bought another award. She doesn't seem to realise that if she paid for it, it's not worth anything.
Lady C seems to be scraping the barrel and doesn't really have anything new to say. (@Chita did a great cartoon for her and Angela Levin)
I can't think of anything else so please add all that I've missed.
Oh, and you all have unlimited choices in the poll so vote for all of them if you want to, lol.

Last thread

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Pom Bear

VIP Member
If I'm not caught up by Coronation day then I go straight to the newest thread 🧵😀💖 x

Resizer_16812168426461.jpg

Then change into my best clothes for the day 😀 x..

Resizer_16812168597113.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

LadyMuck

VIP Member
It's absolutely disgusting H last saw HMLQ in April last year. She died in September. So 5 months knowing she was very poorly he couldn't be bothered to see her.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

Chita

VIP Member
Thank you Cassandra333 for starting the thread, recap and poll.
Congratulations Duee on the thread title, and thanks Hannahebee for finding it.

Mmmmm I have been having a think. Could H have put the 25 Afghan story in Spare to increase the threat to the RF and British public to keep people away from the coronation.
I think he did it so he could get the paid-for security he wants.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I feel for Rose Hanbury being constantly discussed by the sugars as William's mistress.
She's not a member of the royal family and has done nothing to be offensive to Smegz and her idiotic followers. Yet they keep on defaming her, even suggesting that her children are not her husband's. I wish she'd take some sort of action against these awful people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62

LadyMuck

VIP Member
New book by Robert Jobson says :
- Catherine found the walkabout very difficult.
- KC was frustrated at H bad manners overshadowing his 2016 Gulf tour.
- H was furious when his father told him he couldn't afford to fund M as well as W&C and kids and Camilla.
- HMLQ found Hs calls about his grievances difficult and wearisome.
- H swore at his father and repeatedly asked for funds.
- Queen was mystified by harkles public criticism of monarchy and RF and described their behaviour as 'quite mad'.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

ChipDex

VIP Member
Thanks for the new thread, poll and title. :)

Palate cleanse time, courtesy of William and George at Villa Park this afternoon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61

Bobble22

VIP Member
So once the coronation is over and there's no need for Haznoballs and Meagain to come here for a very long time, what are they going to do to stay relevant. without the Royal connection what have they got? Bugger all I reckon. the whingeing about the family is getting old and boring so hmm.
Divorce within a couple of years maybe?

• Heart
Reactions: 61

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I’m also getting all excited about the Corrie now! Can’t wait to build a pillow fort and fill my quadruple snack platter with assorted crisps and crackers. It also inspires me to practice my calligraphy 😬 does anyone else practice?
EDC224E2-7083-4BFE-9986-369DCAC2E462.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 60

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I firmly believe she was barred , him alone and take it or leave it.

I am thrilled we’re not going to see her gurning her fake smile and extra dark bronzer sashaying up the aisle.

• Heart
Reactions: 59