Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wisebutwild

VIP Member
Interesting to note he is a pateon of a Parkinsons disease charity. I smell zara and Mike coming into the fold! Please please oh please!
I could have written Mike's words for him as I am in exactly the same position as his mother. My husband has had Parkinson's for 13 years and has now got dementia and I am his sole carer. We have been out 4 times since the start of lockdown in March 2020 for 2 covid jabs, 1 flu jab and 1 dentist checkup. I can't leave him alone so cope the best I can. When I think of PHFW saying nobody asked how she was feeling it makes my blood boil - a life of privilege, servants etc and she thought she was hard done by!
I'm not writing this for sympathy, we will celebrate our Golden Wedding in July, and if you love somebody you do all you can to help them. However, I do give thanks for fb sites like this that keep me sane. It's an escape from reality in my case and I really have a good chuckle at some of the comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 128

Baguette

VIP Member
Thank you @Rubythefirebat and @JAR21 for the shiney new thread and cracking title.

Currently French TV are entertaining me with a two-hour hatchet job fair and balanced documentary on La Markle called Meghan & Kate: Duel Royal a Buckingham' (French TV). It's lovely stuff. Currently enjoying a nice, lengthy summary of the bullying allegations... Oh and extravagance on Froggy. Note to producer 'Vincent Martin pour TF1 production et Mad Productions' Frogmore House footage is used instead of Froggy Bottom.

Now we have Meghan's 'pretexte' for not meeting Trump at the State dinner and lack of necessary diplomatic skills. Pointing out that despite Trump's crass tweets about Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing topless, she was still able to meet him and smile graciously. South African disaster tour and French point of view was that it was inappropriate to expect people to 'ask if I am OK' when she was representing the Queen and visiting areas of the country in real poverty and hardship. Next we are on Megxit, abandoning their royal duties, Montecito, Netify, Spotflix and it's Oprah time. Pointing out that Meghan targeted the entire Royal Family, the institution, their relationships and roles, whereas the Diana interview she was imitating was a discussion of just the personal relationships between her, Charles and Camilla. 'She played Diana, she is after all, an actress'. French point of view: the real parallels between Diana and today are in fact with Kate: her ease with people, charm on public engagements, immaculate appearance, hard work. They view Diana as an enduring brand, not a 'star'. There is a long discussion about how Meghan deliberately tried to mimic Diana's styles and use the same language in the interview, but they come back to the fact that Diana set out to serve the UK, whereas Meghan quit the UK and only set out to serve herself. Quite brutal.

Goodness, this documentary goes up to and including Prince Philip's funeral, and looks forward to the Princess Diana statue unveiling. There isn't really a conclusion as such, other than pointing out that Kate's destiny as a future Queen seems certain, whereas La Markle's ambitions (politics is mentioned heavily) could go anywhere. They've stopped talking about Harry altogether by this point, I notice.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 124

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
Front pages are up - I love the new anniversary pic. Wills might have a lot less hair but they look gorgeous together still and they’re a much more solid team I think!
1619644820643.jpeg

1619644836763.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 96

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
There goes the China in Monteshithole! Kate looks radiant, and Wills has a can’t believe my luck look on his face, which I’m sure he’s thinking of more and more since his sister in law brought her circus to his brother & town! You did good Wills, indeed lucky to have her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
There goes the China in Monteshithole! Kate looks radiant, and Wills has a can’t believe my luck look on his face, which I’m sure he’s thinking of more and more since his sister in law brought her circus to his brother & town! You did good Wills, indeed lucky to have her.
Wills chose class, Haz chose crass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
sweet photo. And she looked really happy up in Co. Durham the other day, like really really happy. I have to say I really like Catherine. (sorry too many reallys!)

• Heart
Reactions: 88

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I found this post on Quora which I think is largely correct:

'In the beginning, the palace bent backwards to accomodate Meghan's wants, thereby prove to the world that they’d fully accepted this biracial, divorced, American woman. This was, and I hate to say this, their way of appealing to the woke crowd; “See, we are not this old fashioned stiff-upper lipped institution. We are open minded just like you.” The reasoning behind this was Meghan's newly discovered race. Her new-found blackness might have been non issue to the palace, but a big deal to the increasingly race-baiting media.

The media was, right from the beginning, looking for the slightest opportunity to accuse the Royals of racism. The palace knew this. And so did Meghan. The royals, much to their fault, went out of their way to please her which quite often meant breaking protocol. This led Meghan to believe rules and protocol could be ignored or changed for her. Nothing is written in stone. And, despite being married to the spare, she and Catherine had to be on equal footing. No body could tell her otherwise.

The palace pandered to these whims, letting her and Harry have whatever the Cambridges had, until they could nolonger do it. I think at some point, it became clear to the royals that Meghan and Harry didn't just want to have what the Cambridges were having, they wanted to be treated as future king and queen as well. At the time, Meghan and Harry were polling more favourably than the Cambridges so the couple probably thought they were the stars of the mornachy. HMTQ might have had the crown, but Harry and Meghan were the reigning queen and king.

I think that's when the palace started chopping their wings, bit by bit, but the final straw was Archie. Meghan and Harry knew their son wasn't entitled to a princely title, but because so many rules and protocols had been changed and broken to pander to their whims, they thought the patents would be changed too, after all, they were changed for the Cambridge children. Until HMTQ said, “I can, but I won't.” This, I believe, was her way of reminding them of their place in the monarchy.

For a couple who believed themselves better than every other royal, this must have been a kick in the gut. The lack of a princely title meant Archie wouldn't be on equal footing with the Cambridge kids. He wouldn't have the MET police following him around day and night, can you believe that? How can anyone survive without their MET bodyguards?

That's got to be the point Meghan and Harry started planning their exit. This explains the hide and seek games surrounding Archie's birth. She felt the palace weren't entitled to details about her son, because they denied him a princely title. Also, if Archie couldn't be a prince of Britain, she would make him a prince of hearts and the royals would never see him again. She would keep him away from them. She and Harry would move to America, sign lucrative deals left and right, make lots of money, and become the world's power couple, more powerful than the Cambridges. The palace would regret “losing them.” What they didn't and still don't understand is that:

THE CROWN ALWAYS WINS, REGARDLESS OF WHO THE OPPONENT IS.'

However I'm still not convinced that the Harkles weren't planning their escape before, because the only things that Meghan cares about are money and fame.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

GinMoon30

I’m a long time lurker, finally made the leap to making an account… Will and Kate’s anniversary seemed like a fitting day for it 😁You guys have been a source of great enjoyment to me for the past few months, my poor husband is fed up of me cackling at your posts of an evening.
I used to quite like her, I thought she was refreshing, strong and independent. My opinion of her changed quickly after the engagement interview- she reminded me of a child clutching at a prize and she was so over the top.
Nothing else of note to say, apart from that I am firmly parking myself here and that not all young people are taken in by them blowing smoke up their own arses!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

jackolantern

VIP Member
Its creepy.
And controlling.
And sinister.
That and the attending the Inskip wedding after they'd broken up is what made me open my eyes to her true character and agenda.

I was one of those who loved cheeky Harry and welcomed the addition to the Royal Family of the type of woman I thought she was.

Don't think that now and the saddest thing is that mischievous twinkle Harry always had in his eyes has been extinguished.

And, Harry, I have some words for you -

You thought you were trapped when you were in the Royal Family.
Wrong.
You are trapped NOW.
To be honest I genuinely really liked her and did think she'd had a hard time of it UNTIL the interview. I've found that with alot of people who previously liked her, that the interview actually did her no favours and she's alienated the few people she had left. For me it was when she dropped in the line about having their own wedding before the 'official' one. You could see from Harry's face that she wasn't supposed to say that, either because they'd previously agreed not to, or if it was a complete lie who knows. But that whole interview to me made it so clear that she had no regard for her husband's wishes and like you say, any spark in him is completely gone, he looks dead in the eyes, like a man completely trapped. I fail to believe 'old' Harry would ever have treated his family the way he did on that show. That's not to say I'm blaming her solely, he's an adult and it's up to him, but it certainly changed the way I saw her that's for sure.

The real joke of it all is that she truly tells herself people dislike her for her race, instead of just the fact that she's a massive dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 84

jackolantern

VIP Member
Kate is so lovely and CRAZY beautiful, I think she’ll make a wonderful Queen 👑 Oh Harry how does it feel to have made such an utter balls of it all? Hes always been a bit of a twerp but publicly embarrassing his family on a tacky American chat show really takes the biscuit. 💀

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

Flossyposse

4 months today since Archewell Audio launched its exciting and informative first podcast. Still waiting for Episode 2, sigh. Where else to learn about ‘endless acts of compassion and kindness’ from two people so clearly motivated by fame, power and cash?
#archewellaudiowatch

1619682471220.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
Can't help but love Kate. She's either always laughing her head off or pulling some other great facial expression. Did anyone ever see her side-eye at a wrapping present event when the leader basically told her to get on with it? No newspaper headlines for days of being disrespected, or suing, or other ridiculousness.
Because Kate isn’t posing for the cameras all the time. She and William always look like they are having fun and enjoying each other’s company, unlike another couple I could mention.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Kate hits the sweet spot of being fabulous looking, classy, sporty, regal, reserved and reliable. She really is just an all round ace human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Maggiemaynot

VIP Member
And this is exactly what Harry wanted. A woman like Kate and a marriage like his brother’s.
Well, boy did he choose wrongly! He couldn’t have found a looser canon if he’d gone looking for one on purpose. I’m sure he thought at the beginning (because she would have made sure of it) that she was the sweetest, kindest, most understanding woman he’d ever met. And how much she reminded him of his dear mummy. Well, the fact she researched Di’s perfume and wore it would have helped him along with that!😒
And now, on some level deep inside him he knows he’s made a big mistake even though he would never admit it even to himself.
He’s just never looked happy since they got married. Always with the face tripping him and looking miserable.
The guy’s a ticking time bomb and when he explodes it’s not going to be very pretty.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 76

Notworthy

VIP Member
I am conflicted. Mike‘s love for his z-celebrity status is a bit awkward sometimes. The grandson in law of HMTQ appearing on reality tv? Blabbing about the family from time to time. Claiming COVID 19 benefits for his business, where he his the only employee while sitting on millions (I get why someone wouldn’t pay employees out of their private wealth, the business should cover the expense but his situation is different). He married up big time and still shows that he is the royal equivalent of “new money”. I think the family carefully guides him and keeps him in check. I don’t think Anne leaves the gloves on when her family acts embarrassingly (the tv train wreck or Peter Philips and the royal milk).
I am intrigued that the BRF still has so many missteps in the wider family. You would think they all got a clear set of rules by now. If I were the Queen I would use a 3 missteps and you are out of my will rule. That would keep them in line pretty sure.
Whatever Mike Tindall is, he is NOT a Z list celebrity, he has over 70 caps for England and was part of their 2003 World Cup winning team. Don't be putting him the same category as some fool from Love Island please.

• Heart
Reactions: 76