Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's their careers over

Reactions: 36
He is truly an idiot isn’t he?

Reactions: 41
And all during this time you were writing your shite book, trashing the Queen’s family.

Reactions: 48
I don't understand why all these pap photos from Canada USA UK and so on are never published anywhere? There should be 1000s according to him.

Reactions: 59
He’ll come out in a few years when it all goes tits up with the marriage and say he doesn’t even remember writing the book, that he was struggling with addiction and mental issues and the media took advantage of him.
BIB - I was thinking the same thing.

I'm all cringed out at this stage, and that's just from reading some of the excerpts here. It's so badly written, apart from anything else. I'm guessing it will be in the bargain baskets before the month is out.
Or desperate shop assistants will be forced to press it into the hands of anyone buying a book - please take this one too, it's free...

Reactions: 38
Bollocks to kids meeting the Queen. Never happened

Reactions: 47
He really has fallen among thieves and can't see that he is just being exploited . I don't care a bit as he is the author of his own misfortune and he has traduced this country and insulted its peoples and I hope no-one ever forgives him. I certainly shan't.

Reactions: 41
Last sentence is the best !

Reactions: 34
Here we go again “prohibited from learning independence”, because in your late 30s nothing is ever his fault. Tosse

Reactions: 47
Last sentence is the best !
Hang on, where all these The End actually in the book? Now it makes sense why all the quotes had them, I thought it just was a copy and paste job from elsewhere. Or I'm old and remember telegrams.

Reactions: 15
If the scandalous stories about to break are true, then maybe the “predictions” from “fortune tellers” will come true. Maybe it will all prove too much for KC and he will only rule for 5 years. Perhaps the throne won’t go to Wills and the “unexpected heir” will be Edward ? We’ve seen an awful lot of Sophie since the Queen died, and she did seem to be close to The Queen. Doesn’t appear to be much scandal in that branch of the family.

If I was the RF then I’d want as far away from this mess as possible.

Reactions: 22
In no universe did Harold actually have the thought that “each man felt himself to be the One True Monarch”. He doesn’t have the intellectual ability to come up with such a concept and totally lacks the empathy required to be worried about anyone who isn’t himself, or possibly Meghan.

From what I can see, and this is thanks to clever ghostwriting, the book is full of a reasonably thoughtful internal voice - a voice that bears absolutely no resemblance to the internal voice of the real Harold which in this case would sound like a long snivelling bleating whine about unfaaaaair everything is because he doesn’t get to have it his way.

Reactions: 33
Now that I've finally read the book, I think it's time to say what I think about it.
The book has 3 parts:
Part 1 Out of the Night That Covers Me
Part 2 Bloody, but Unbowed
Part 3 Captain of My Soul
The first part describes the period between the death of his mother and February 2007.
The second part mostly describes events from the army, but also the period after that, that is, until July 2016.
The third part begins when he sees the most beautiful woman ever on Instagram until the death of Queen Elizabeth.
While reading this book, I somehow got the impression that each part was written by a different person.
Especially the part where he describes how he and the perfect woman met, fell in love and married.

Reactions: 75
It's an internal voice made up by the ghost-writer. As if Harry even knows who Henry IV was and claiming he's his great x-etc grandson when, er, what, his only son was killed at Tewkesbury?

Reactions: 30
Maybe KC will be tarnished in the fallout but I don't think the POW would. He doesn't really have any control until he's King.

Reactions: 24
I’m a little unnerved by her silence/ not being papped going to the late show filming with him etc I must admit, I can’t decide whether it’s for optics that this is his thing so he wants to do everything regarding Spare on his own, or is something else afoot! I’d say maybe she was busy being mother whilst he was “working” but I can’t even stifle the laughter typing that out. It’s all just a bit iffy again for me.

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.