Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I found that really creepy

Reactions: 42
The revelations re: physical abuse or…? Could someone please catch me up - I haven’t had a twitter account in years.
In a nutshell, a blind item from a couple of years ago has resurfaced with more meat added to the bone - it was all covered up by the Palace but one woman is about to come forward with her story and photographs and allegedly it's happened again in California. The word rape is being used which it wasn't in the blind.

The first part I could believe because squaddies are generally vile and think they're above the law. The CA story I don't believe at all.

Reactions: 20
The private secretaries began to address Granny about the Five Options.
Your Majesty, you’ve seen the Five Options.
Yes, she said. We all had.
They’d been emailed to us, five different ways of proceeding.
Option 1 was continuance of the status quo: Meg and I don’t leave, everyone tries to go back to normal.
Option 5 was full severance, no royal role, no working for Granny, and total loss of security.
Option 3 was somewhere in between.
A compromise. Closest to what we’d originally proposed.
I told everyone assembled that, above all, I was desperate to keep security. That was what worried me most, my family’s physical safety. I wanted to prevent a repeat of history, another untimely death like the one that had rocked this family to its core twenty-three years earlier, and from which we were still trying to recover.
I’d consulted with several Palace veterans, people who knew the inner workings of the monarchy and its history and they all said Option 3 was best for all parties.
Meg and I living elsewhere part of the year, continuing our work, retaining security, returning to Britain for charities, ceremonies, events.
Sensible solution, these Palace veterans said. And eminently doable.
But the family, of course, pushed me to take Option 1. Barring that, they would only accept Option 5.
We discussed the Five Options for nearly an hour.
At last the Bee got up and went around the table, handing out a draft of a statement the Palace would soon be releasing.
Announcing implementation of Option 5.
Wait. I’m confused. You’ve already drafted a statement? Before any discussion? Announcing Option 5? In other words, the fix was in, this whole time? This summit was just for show?
No answer.
I asked if there were drafts of other statements. Announcing the other options.
Oh yes, of course, the Bee assured me.
Can I see them?
Alas—his printer had gone on the blink, he said.
The odds! At the very moment he was about to print out those other drafts!

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

Reactions: 32
His retconning of their announcement is hysterical and sad considering they did it without anyone knowing because they thought it would be a fait accompli to get their demands met by Granny. What a shitshow.

Reactions: 36
The revelations re: physical abuse or…? Could someone please catch me up - I haven’t had a twitter account in years.
If you go to thread #298 and read around page 40 you will find it.
I was reading late last night and someone (sorry can't remember who) had posted the allegations in detail. Nasty stuff.
If you read backwards and forwards you'll find it, there were screenshots.

Reactions: 15
This bit.

These things have to go through government.
For the love of…

Fucking hell, he's got no idea at all, has he?

Of course it's got to go through the Government, at the very least the FCO. And Charles would naturally need a written plan. He can't just ring up the Foreign Secretary, say "Hey, mate, Harold fancies living in X. Sort it out will ya?"

Even a member of the RF can't just up sticks and head off to the Commonwealth for a semi-permanent move because they want to.

Security.

Status of RF members other than the Monarch. It differs in some of the Realms.

What if the chosen country didn't want them there?

Smeg wasn't a UK citizen either. So there may have been additional visa implications for her.

I'm not surprised he thinks the advisors thought he was stupid. Whatever gave them that idea?

Reactions: 43
I guess its a case of wait and see. I’m on the fence

Reactions: 15
I started laughing.
Is this some kind of joke?
Everyone was staring away or down at their shoes.
I turned to Granny: Do you mind if I take a moment, get some air?
Of course!
I left the room.
I walked into a big hall and ran into Lady Susan, who’d worked for Granny for years, and Mr. R, my former upstairs neighbor in the badger sett. They could see I was upset and they asked if there was anything they could do for me. I smiled and said, No, thank you, then went back into the room.
There was some discussion at this point of Option 3. Or was it Option 2?
It was all starting to give me a headache. They were wearing me down.
I didn’t bloody care which option we adopted, so long as security remained in place.
I pleaded for continuation of the same armed police protection I’d had, and needed, since birth.
I’d never been allowed to go anywhere without three armed bodyguards, even when I was supposedly the most popular member of the family, and now I was the target, along with my wife and son, of unprecedented hate—and the leading proposal under discussion called for total abandonment? Madness. I offered to defray the cost of security out of my own pocket. I wasn’t sure how I’d do that, but I’d find a way.
I made one last pitch:
Look. Please. Meg and I don’t care about perks, we care about working, serving—and staying alive.
This seemed simple and persuasive.
All the heads around the table went up and down. As the meeting came to a close there was a basic, general agreement.
The many fine, granular details of this hybrid arrangement would be sorted out over a twelve-month transitional period, during which we’d continue to have security.
Granny rose. We all rose. She walked out.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.

Reactions: 36
Christ on a bike, he's even divulging the Queen’s conversation now.

Reactions: 42
Yes, I raped a sex-worker. It's important for me to talk about, it's part of my healing process. The press will spin this of course.

I wonder how the healing process is going for the Taliban / Goat Herders he killed? Oh, that's right, they're dead because they had the audacity to defend their country from an occupying force (who eventually ran away and achieved nothing).

Reactions: 23
Exactly.

He seems to be thorough enjoying the publicity right now. He looks positively gleeful in the clips with Stephen Colbert.

He has spewed vitriol and hatred at pretty much everyone who ever crossed his path, including or indeed especially his family.
What happens when all of the publicity dies down?
He has not alone burnt bridges, he has nuked them.

I know Tom Bowers described him as really unintelligent, but my goodness, Harry is really intent on proving him right.

This also springs to mind - "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln.

Reactions: 43
Aww diddums. Admits they bullied staff and made them cry, calling it constructive criticism. Probably learnt that at the same narc conference as my former boss and unfortunately current relatives. Then instead of supporting your brother like you're claiming to, you're making it about yourself and your Ho. And then you're surprised when he's raging at you? And you want us to sympathise with you?

You're asking them to tell you what you did wrong (a moved pulled by my narcs too), but when they were telling you, you were counting blades of grass and seeing tears sparkle in your wife's eyes. Amazing eyesight, by the way. All those carrots.

He's such a cunt.

And also, his Ho wouldn't know artistry if it bit her on her bum.

Reactions: 34
On You Tube Talk TV have posted a couple of vids about the boring bits in the book, absolutely hilarious! The gobshite talking about being bathed by the matrons at Ludlow and the time his mates shaved his head and the "volcanoes of red hair" lying on the floor!!

Reactions: 19
Is that a piss take? It might be the same bit of cord but no way did he have that when the confrontation took place……for a start the sprogs weren’t born! So, the confrontation episode should read that William broke a bit of black cord?
Like Triggers broom in Only Fools and Horses, it’s the same necklace even though he’s replaced the cord and the bits dangling from it are different but it’s definitely the same necklace

Reactions: 39
For me there was one more piece of unfinished business.
I went off to find the office of the Bee.

Luckily, I ran into the Queen’s friendliest page, who’d always liked me.
I asked for directions; he said he’d take me himself. He led me through the kitchen, up some back stairs, down a narrow corridor.
Just that way, he said, pointing. A few steps later I came upon a huge printer, churning out documents.
The Bee’s assistant swung into view.
Hello! I pointed at the printer and said:

This seems to be working fine?
Yes, Your Royal Highness!
Not broken?
That thing?
It’s indestructible, sir!
I asked about the printer in the Bee’s office. That one work too?
Oh, yes, sir! Did you need to print something out?

No, thank you. I went farther down the corridor, through a door.
Everything suddenly looked familiar. Then I remembered. This was the corridor where I’d slept that Christmas after returning from the South Pole.
And now along came the Bee. Head on.
He saw me and looked extremely sheepish…for a bee.
He could tell what I was up to. He heard the printer whirring away. He knew he was busted.
Oh, sir, please, sir, don’t worry about that, it’s really not important.
Isn’t it? I walked away from him, went downstairs.
Someone suggested that before I left I should step outside with Willy.
Cool our heads. All right. We went up and down the yew hedges. The day was freezing. I was wearing only a light jacket, and Willy was in a jumper, so both of us were shivering. I was struck again by the beauty of it all. As in the state room, I felt as if I’d never seen a palace before. These gardens, I thought, they’re paradise. Why can’t we just enjoy them?
I was braced for a lecture. It didn’t come.
Willy was subdued. He wanted to listen. For the first time in a long time my brother heard me out, and I was so grateful.

I told him about one past staff member sabotaging Meg. Plotting against her. I told him about one current staff member, whose close friend was taking payments for leaking private stuff to the press about Meg and me. My sources on this were above reproach, including several journalists and barristers.
Plus, I’d made a visit to New Scotland Yard.
Willy frowned. He and Kate had their own suspicions. He’d look into it. We agreed to keep talking.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex. .

Reactions: 28
Well we knew H was a drug user...all that constant sniffing he does drives me mad. He did it at the memorial service when the tasty Major Johnny was sitting behind him and Smegs!!
And his behaviour at the statue unveiling. He was high as a kite

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.