Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cassandra333

VIP Member
This is totally off topic but I wanted to share it with you.
My hubby always takes time to talk to the local beggars and homeless and give them the odd £1 when he can. He saw a man he hadn't seen for a few months today and the man made a point of crossing the road to speak to him. It turned out that this man had completely turned his life around, got somewhere to live and got a job. He asked hubby to shake his hand and when hubby did, the man gave him £10. He told hubby that he was paying back money to all the people who had helped him. Hubby tried to refuse it but it clearly mattered a lot to the man so he ended up accepting it. Isn't that a lovely story? It's really brighted my day. Not for the £10 of course, but for the man completely turning his life around and repaying the help he'd been given. Great to hear something good for a change.

• Heart
Reactions: 99

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
Right I appear every so often to rant
1) oh another private letter leaked doubt she will sue it’s free PR
2) she’s writing as a citizen is she - but titles don’t exist in the state but Meghan Markle does, she has to insist on using Duchess of Sussex even though Sussex don’t want her, embarrassing, like it’s just so cringe
3) sorry what does her upbringing have to do with paternity leave? She’s just trying the usual woe was me aren’t I a poor little soul trick she pulled on Harry, and we all babysat and waited tables for extra cash age 13 up like duh that’s normal and nothing to do with parental leave , she was in full time private education for gods sake
4) did I mention the full time private education
5)constant word salad/ vomit
6) the legislation is already being voted on so it’s not actually to do with her she will just take credit
7) sorry wtaf millionaires with nannies in their mansions and givenchy dresses get overwhelmed on their 5 months parental leave where they still bashed everyone left right and centre

yet again Meghan has made the trials of the downtrodden, the down and out, the misfortunate and the brave, about the Duchess of Sussex. She isn’t going to ever stop is she. Zero insight whatsoever.
Good night tattlers! Xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Thoughts: (pains me to say but) I agree broadly with her that women and their babies are disadvantaged by no statutory paid maternity leave in the USA

Second thoughts: Does this class as using your titles for political lobbying? Is that inappropriate/illegal?

Third thoughts: THAT LETTER!!!! "I worked so hard (did I mention I had a job at 13? I'm like, so relatable and hard working, a real grafter) and I had to scrape by (no no, ignore the fact that my Dad earned $100k a year in the 80's and I lived in a lovely house) every penny counted (when I went to the tuck shop in my private school) but yeah, those women and their babies" blah blah.

How can one person make such a noble cause ALL. ABOUT. THEM?

• Haha
  • Sick

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I'm not American but if I was, I'd be seriously pissed off at some 'duchess' writing to me on behalf of American families and making demands. I'd actually be pissed off if Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wrote to our politicians with a letter such as this. The RF have many privileges but part of that deal is not getting involved with politics. That's a hugely important part of the deal and basically sacred.
I hope many Americans get pissed off about this. There aren't supposed to be any titles in the US and smegs needs to be told to stop using hers if she wants a voice in politics. Who the fuck does she think she is?

• Heart
  • Angry

regularvoltaire

I've been lurking forever, mainly cos I've got long acrylics which make it hard to type, but these two make me SO SICK. I mean, trying to destabilise a monarchy of which you have NO education about. He is obviously thick as pigs doings, and she is an uneducated madam(e). Anyway, hello from the shadows everyone xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Just spotted. How will the squaddies react to it being a journalist not of the royal rota (paid by and wined & dined by the Palace, natch ;) ) commenting like this? Especially after Angela Levin has retweeted it so they WILL see it :ROFLMAO:

MM “I’d have got away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky receipts”.
View attachment 820847
Ah yes, those tap and ballet classes every deprived child has access to before eating at Hollywood's "oldest eatery". :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

planetmirth

VIP Member
If she wants to meddle in US Government policy, then she needs to revoke her title.
she has every right as a private us citizen to write to the government re policy and do that privately .

The fact that she has released this to the press and public before it has even been received by government or read by them AND used her title …it’s lobbying , surely !?!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 64

planetmirth

VIP Member
This is the same woman who expected the British taxpayer to pay their security without them working for us, the same woman who the British taxpayer spent £38 million on her wedding and she said it was a spectacle and not special….the little mermaid woman , right ???

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

Cassandra333

VIP Member
There's no place like a shiny new thread!!
Title by @Doodlebug005
Previous thread here:

Thread recap. Please add the stuff I've missed.

Guess who we don't like?
William and Catherine showed the Harkles how its done with the Earth Shot thing.
Catherine showed smegs how to dress.
Harry showed the world (yet again) how thick he is by demanding that drilling be stopped in Africa whilst simultaneously recommending that people invest in companies that are drilling there.
We're sick of people lecturing us on the planet. They should be lecturing China and the big companies who are doing the polluting.
We're happy for James Bond to be black but don't want him to be a woman.
We don't think the Harkles left the RF as much as they were pushed.
William and Catherine have benefited from smegs and haz moving to the US, and so have the rest of us.
Smegs apparently wants a superhero role in a film. Since she can't act and she's no superhero, that's not likely to happen.
Prince Charles is proud of Williams commitment to the environment and the 'bold ambition' of the Earthshot thing.
Prince Charles has not commented on Hazbeens commitment to 'ethical' investing or anything else he's done.
Did the Harkles really ask destitute and poor children for a $5 contribution to Arsewell? That makes for incredibly expensive veggies in the two boxes they donated to the school
The Sucksex squad are pretending that they get paid. Yeah right. In truth, they can't spell.
The Claw has taken on a life of it's own.
We were shocked by reptilian neck. Who knew?
'Markled' should be added to the Oxford English Dictionary
We don't believe that the Spencer Tiara is going to be given to Princess Charlotte, although the article has probably given smegs some ideas.
Great news last thread about @Nuttynana
Love and hugs to @Zippy2000 and @Evangelina who aren't feeling well.
@freda19 where are you? We miss you!
Special thanks to @mardymare and @JAR21 for their sterling work.
As always, great humour, memes and cartoons.
Parade especially for @VioletButterfly
🦘🦡🐒🐧🐦🐤🦆🐥🦅🦢🦉🦜🐝🐛🐌🕷🐞🐜🦂🦟🐍🐢🦋🐝🦞🦀🐘🐄🐏🐎🐫🐪🐑🐐🐕🐈🐩🐇🕊🐁🐉🦔🐿

Don't forget to vote in the Grifties

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
Well she could have said that in fewer words 🤣
She's a windbag, bloated by her own self-importance and dazzled by her own brilliance. This letter is a parody, ludicrous and is all about HER.
Ever the victim, how she struggled! But, nobly realising that she and her husband were (sort of) lucky she now stoops to help the struggling masses "as a mom". She's no more a mom than I'm an orang-utan, and she's writing a letter to Congress full of lies. She's unhinged and dangerous, and out of control like a rabid badger.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61

knoddle

VIP Member
Why is she pulling the poor me card. Only could afford a sizzler growing up. Thomas was earning good money then as a lighting director and could afford her school fees

What stinking, smelly baggage she is. This angers me. I grew up below the poverty level, she went to an expensive private school. She never ate at firetrucking sizzler in her lame ass life. What a scoundrel. Welp, this was her answer to Earthshot, writing to the biggest liberals in congress who are already firmly on the paid leave bandwagon for people with or without uteruses. Hey Smeagol, the choir don't need no preachin'. I grew up poor, white trash; she is just trash who pretends she was poor and black. Hate her!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57

wisebutwild

VIP Member
This is getting tiresome and boring. Nobody cares what she thinks, what she's done, how she's dragged herself up from the gutter, how wonderful she is, how she got herself a title, how many kids she's got, how she ......, how she ......., on and on and on it goes. This isn't even a bandwagon that she has decided to jump on, it's an attention seeking piece of shite she has spent hours thinking up because she knows she is losing her grip on fame and notoriety.
Give it a rest girl. Give us all a break and sink into that so called 'privacy' that you so wanted when you decided to up sticks and leave this green and pleasant land.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
I didn't realise until today that Meghan was reduced to eating at Sizzler in the 1980s and possibly even the 1990s.
I am both heartbroken and disgusted at this revelation.
I take back every bad thing I ever said about her.
No human being should have to live in this level of deprivation. *chokes back tears*
The inhumanity.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

YeltsinsTank

VIP Member
Just realised we are going to get “ My father never took me to a Sizzler “, aren’t we! !!!
”I never saw a salad bar until I was 27”
Somewhere on the cutting room floor of Oprah's studio....

HAZ, CRYING: Meghan took me to a Sizzler for the first time and I went up to the salad bar, and it was amazing. I've never seen so many vegetarian bacon bits! My father always used real bacon and it was so traumatic hearing the pigs squeal. The ranch dressing is made fresh! *Haz sobs and they cut to commercial*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56