Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nancy.Drew

IMG_7167.jpeg

The shape of the nails on each hand is different. £25 at my local salon gets you a better set of gels than this.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
So basically she became an ambassador for Navy Pro tools and got in with their PR team (the owner of Navy also has a marketing background) and that’s what set her on the pathway to editorials and celeb clients. So it’s a case of not what you know but who you know. Her style is be no means original, she was just in the right place at the right time. I never used to mind her until she started posting about obscure and ridiculously expensive brands. Whenever she does a Q&A and someone asks her for budget options, she still picks items that are beyond most peoples budget - especially in the current crisis. She comes across as massively out of touch to normal people but, I really don’t think that’s her target audience anyway. I think she’d much rather appeal to those who can still afford high end. But yeah £200 for a basic gel mani is just crazy regardless as to what luxury products she uses, most of which are gifted. Her agency for example also represents Hermes, Augustinus Bader etc which is why she goes through phases of pushing their products. And the way she finishes off manicures with a spritz of perfume that costs £100+ is just very very strange. It’s a shame because I like her aesthetic, she as a person though just doesn’t come across as likeable at all

• Wow

Leens

The luxury vibe she’s going for and the quality of the manicures now is definitely not there with OPI. BioSculpture was definitely better. Also I think her hair is too brassy/dry, and brows too dark and blocky🤷🏻‍♀️

People in the bio sculpture tech group are kicking off because apparently she was using bio but mixing it with other brands, undercuring the products and using a random sun lamp on her Instagram live masterclass.
For someone who charges £200 a mani you would expect them to know that this is a huge NO NO and potentially dangerous. I also wouldn’t pay that much money to have The Gel Bottle on my nails which she seems to be using again.
I think she’s spent too much time on promoting her brand and too little time on honing her skills. Her page is more and more about aesthetic and less about great nail content, it’s all influencer trips and designer clobber. I doubt she even knows her basic nail anatomy and it’s starting to show

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Melissa112

Sorry I just had to… her nails are getting worse! The set she uploaded of Molly Mae’s nails.. wtf? The shaping is awful, they look bulky at the ends and really just nothing luxury about that. Plus It was £200.

Reactions: 7

Alibaba

2 kids… 2 different men… (no judging) but the one she is with now isn’t the dad to either of the kids! I’m sorry she’s just a chav who was in the right place at right time… only 10 years ago was she sniffing MCAT in BPM with Nike air maxs on! It’s all a persona she portraying!

Reactions: 6

Jdean79

People in the bio sculpture tech group are kicking off because apparently she was using bio but mixing it with other brands, undercuring the products and using a random sun lamp on her Instagram live masterclass.

JayWhere

A few of them do it just to follow what’s popular. I used to love Shellac.
The nail industry can be so fickle. Harriet has done well for herself, clearly, it’s just the “I’m so much better than you” vibe that’s irks me and occasional gate keeping on colours 🤣
I was surprised to hear about the Claridges spot, as I thought she was with Soho House

Dak1988

Chatty Member
Another one I can’t find a thread for but I feel needs one 🤣 I first came to know if her when she started doing Rochelle humes nails now she’s all over my tiktok fyp and sharing Naomi bouncy blows reels who is a heroin dealers moll
Been waiting for a thread on her 😂 can’t suss her out, I’m so nosey!!

Reactions: 5

wtfisthishsit

never did I think, as a nail tech myself, to find a thread on HW

I used to like her before becoming a pro myself but her eyebrows were always so... annoying and that's how I got into this thread lol

Now that I'm a certified and licensed pro myself, I'm completely BAFFLED at how much she charges for a basic manicure. And I don't even mean basic as in 'base, nude colour, top coat and bam done' type of way but the quality???? girl what?

I still think she has something cool about her but the what's putting me off is too big to still like her. She seems like she has 0 personality. She's always somewhere else in her head? And now it's ALL I CAN SEE. She reminds me of a sloth.

She recently offered a class at her place and it was so funny to see all these girls suck up to her and post about it lol. Wish I screened some. I can't believe people want to follow her masterclass, she doesn't even know how to properly work with an e-file yet, lol.

Oh well, I guess it's all about the follower count at the end of the day. I'm all for getting your bag but goddamn, at least back it up by providing actual good work? Like pls, even with all the expensive products, her manicures aren't worth 200...

xxhpwxx

She’s not really luxury though, it’s just a persona she’s created in the last couple of years.right place, right time and she’s milking it until it’s over.

I think she tries way to hard. Constant luxe brands and this lifestyle shes tried to create....its v cringe 😬 also the constant ask me anything to hype herself up. All the pics in ldn taxis. She likes thise cringe people who do fuck all but talking about hustling. “Late nights early mornings”
🙃

Ps that naomi bouncy blow dry girl.... her face does my absolute head in

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Another one I can’t find a thread for but I feel needs one 🤣 I first came to know if her when she started doing Rochelle humes nails now she’s all over my tiktok fyp and sharing Naomi bouncy blows reels who is a heroin dealers moll

Sooz

Chatty Member
Well the OPI gig was a bit shit let's face it. I'm sure it paid well but it was so restricting. And the colours were fairly poor and thin.

It's entirely possible she didn't want to renew herself. Especially if she's getting offers from elsewhere.

She's being awfully thirst trap recently. Remember when she did a Q&A and she said she was a size 12/Medium? Not any more I'd say. She's turning into an Instaclone. Bad eyebrows and all.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
How much does she charge?
I’ll never understand how they’re supposedly loaded but they live in a rented flat in monkgate cloisters
At least £200, probably more at the residencies she’s done for Soho House, Claridges etc. Absolutely mad money for a manicure, especially one like Rochelle’s latest.

ETA lol it’s apparently £600 at Claridges 🥲

• Wow

petalpetal5381

Chatty Member
See I’m in the beauty industry and I’ve followed her for years, when she was working at her friends salon in York charging £30 a set. I do like her work, but the prices she charges now are extortionate and it goes to show that it’s all about creating a hype around yourself as her work is no better than any other nail tech! Some of her sets look great and others I’m in shock that someone has paid £200 for a plain builder gel on badly shaped nails 😅

Also I did a masterclass with her in lockdown and I can tell you she has zero personality. I have done other classes with different nail techs with big followings and they were all bubbly and engaging, but she had nothing to her! Her voice is so monotone I nearly fell asleep, I’m actually very surprised she’s managed to do as well as she has!

• Wow

wtfisthishsit

£100 for an Instagram live 🤣🤣🤣
not just that, but she only recently had a £300 or so "masterclass". now she has "an updated technique" that she likes better... what?? why didn't you perfect your technique and research before asking people for £300, only to then come up with something new and charge another ridiculous amount of money for it

I don't think she does it to profit/exploit but it's giving "I don't really think things through before doing them" energy

it really rubs me the wrong way

Reactions: 4