Hannah Witton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t watched her videos in years since meeting her but watched 5 mins of the period / not preggo today and I swear it’s given me ptsd 😂🤣🤦🏽‍♀️ Honestly I just can’t stand her

Reactions: 3
I'm curious what people mean by the vibe being off between them?
Yeah I don't see it, maybe because Dan reminds me of my own bf. I think he's just someone who is not used to being filmed, and in general is a quiet guy

Reactions: 5
Yeah I don't see it, maybe because Dan reminds me of my own bf. I think he's just someone who is not used to being filmed, and in general is a quiet guy
I guess for me it’s that he’s in the video but clearly isn’t interested, like is on his phone a lot etc. Their relationship is probably fine but I don’t see why you would bother making a video where one person clearly doesn’t care haha. But then again, there’s not much to film during the pandemic anyway haha

Reactions: 6
I've watched her videos on and off for a few years. She always came across as nice enough I guess, certainly more tolerable than her friend, Melanie Murphy. Or even Lucy Moon (are her and Hannah still friends? Didn't they used to do the Banging Bookclub with another girl?..cannot remember her name.)

I've read the other comments and i don't know, I'm sort of surprised she apparently isn't as nicey nicey as she appears, but also not really as it seems genuine Youtubers are hard to find nowadays (although I know there are some out there who are as genuine as they appear)..

It is frustrating that some comments have alluded to what she is like in person, or what she has done/said etc, but have not gone on to explain further, which I understand completely btw :) just got me wondering what has gone on. 😄
But yes, completely understand why you cannot explain further :)

As for her proposing to Dan, I dont see anything wrong with that. Didn't she explain in a video when she was talking about her engagement that he also was going to propose to her at some point too? If that is what they wanted to do, then fair enough.

I have not watched their wedding video, do cannot really comment on that as I have no idea what they ended up doing.

Reactions: 8
I've watched her videos on and off for a few years. She always came across as nice enough I guess, certainly more tolerable than her friend, Melanie Murphy. Or even Lucy Moon (are her and Hannah still friends? Didn't they used to do the Banging Bookclub with another girl?..cannot remember her name.)
The other girl is Leena Norms - they're all still friends, think they've posted photos of socially-distanced walks at various points of relaxations of lockdown.

Hannah has been such a hero to zero for me. The video where she talked about being turned on by sex scenes between minors in YA books was just the final straw for me, and her non-apology?! Sorry Hannah, you can't just brand yourself a woke, heteroflexible ally and get a free pass to say whatever you want about whoever you want! Disgusting.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The other girl is Leena Norms - they're all still friends, think they've posted photos of socially-distanced walks at various points of relaxations of lockdown.

Hannah has been such a hero to zero for me. The video where she talked about being turned on by sex scenes between minors in YA books was just the final straw for me, and her non-apology?! Sorry Hannah, you can't just brand yourself a woke, heteroflexible ally and get a free pass to say whatever you want about whoever you want! Disgusting.
when did she say this?!

She’s a bleeping weirdo. Honestly I think there’s something deeply deeply wrong with her

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I keep seeing clips of Ariana Grande in victorious and my god, Hannah Witton was clearly super inspired by her squeaky, hyperactive personality. I wonder if she was a fan back in the day because even Hannah's accent sounds like a mixture of Manchurian and Cat from Victorius

Though it turns out, Nikolodian was a creepy ass production company that exploited children.

Reactions: 1
I generally like Hannah and her content, but my main issue is that she's just unqualified to be giving sex education advice on a public platform. I appreciate that she's trying to rectify that by taking a sex education certificate course online, but she's been calling herself a sex educator for years, it's basically her brand. It would have been different if she had majored in something related, like medicine or psychology, or at least followed her history degree with an MA in a related field, but she has literally no qualifications.

All the info she relays in her videos are basic things that anyone could find by reading the book she lifted the information from, or just googling. She puts quite a bit of effort in her sex education videos, but all in all, the content is very basic and has no depth, it's just her regurgitating stats and tidbits from other sources. Plus, her demographic is women in their mid-20s, most of whom are sexually experienced and already know of most of the issues she discusses.

I enjoy her podcast and her second channel more than the main one, but I'm curious to see how she'll incorporate what she's learning on her course in her content. Until then I'm watching her for entertainment, definitely not sexual health advice.

On a more petty note, I just can't with how much of a big deal she made about her "single years." She wasn't even properly single, she had a couple of years of casual dating and flings and then met her husband at 25 and got married before 30, hardly Carrie Bradshaw 😂 I said it once on Melanie Murphy's thread and I'll say it again, but having a lot of mediocre sex in your early 20s doesn't make you a sex educator.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I generally like Hannah and her content, but my main issue is that she's just unqualified to be giving sex education advice on a public platform. I appreciate that she's trying to rectify that by taking a sex education certificate course online, but she's been calling herself a sex educator for years, it's basically her brand. It would have been different if she had majored in something related, like medicine or psychology, or at least followed her history degree with an MA in a related field, but she has literally no qualifications.

All the info she relays in her videos are basic things that anyone could find by reading the book she lifted the information from, or just googling. She puts quite a bit of effort in her sex education videos, but all in all, the content is very basic and has no depth, it's just her regurgitating stats and tidbits from other sources. Plus, her demographic is women in their mid-20s, most of whom are sexually experienced and already know of most of the issues she discusses.

I enjoy her podcast and her second channel more than the main one, but I'm curious to see how she'll incorporate what she's learning on her course in her content. Until then I'm watching her for entertainment, definitely not sexual health advice.

On a more petty note, I just can't with how much of a big deal she made about her "single years." She wasn't even properly single, she had a couple of years of casual dating and flings and then met her husband at 25 and got married before 30, hardly Carrie Bradshaw 😂 I said it once on Melanie Murphy's thread and I'll say it again, but having a lot of mediocre sex in your early 20s doesn't make you a sex educator.
Are there any qualified social media famous sex educators out there?

I used to watch Lindsay Doe and enjoyed her content, also GlamourPuss, M.D. who is an actual doctor is pretty good.

It reminds me of a NYT piece that wrote "The British sex-ed YouTuber Hannah Witton calls herself a “self-taught expert,” and her lack of credentials is part of her message. “You don’t have to be a doctor to be involved in sex education,” Ms. Witton said. “It’s sex. It should be accessible to everyone. There shouldn’t be any barriers to talking about it." (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/arts/the-sex-ed-queens-of-youtube-dont-need-a-phd.html)

I get where she's coming from, but it's one thing to talk about sex in a personal way i.e. relaying your experiences, destigmatizing talking about sex etc., and quite another to pretend to be an expert in matters like contraception, libidos, vaginismus and other MEDICAL conditions that do require some deeper understanding than just a google search.

It blows my mind that she's written two books about sex and hormones without any kind of training. I get that her books are aimed at a younger demographic, but it's telling that young teens are getting their sex education from youtube personalities and nowadays TikTok.

Anyway, this is an interesting article about the pitfalls of relying on influencers to act as sex educators. It also mentions Hannah and her recent controversy.

Reactions: 3
Are there any qualified social media famous sex educators out there?
I don’t know about her qualifications but if you look iamrukiat on Instagram she is a super knowledgable sex educator, I know she has worked with young people educating them in sex.

I enjoy her podcast and her second channel more than the main one, but I'm curious to see how she'll incorporate what she's learning on her course in her content.
Completely agree with everything you've said but re this point specifically - anyone have any recs for channels similar to her second channel? I enjoyed that channel when I watched it but don't want to give her the views.

Reactions: 1
Completely agree with everything you've said but re this point specifically - anyone have any recs for channels similar to her second channel? I enjoyed that channel when I watched it but don't want to give her the views.
For the book content it depends on what you're into. Noelle Gallagher is probably closer to that lifestyle/booktube aesthetic that Hannah's second channel is going for. I like Jen Campbell, books by leynes and rosianna halse rojas for book content. For more pure lifestyle I like Leah's Fieldnotes, wearilive, Emma Angeline (sometimes, others I find her insufferable lol but she has a good aesthetic).