Handmade Christmas gifts šŸŽ

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone here making some handmade Christmas presents if so what do you make? Iā€™d love to hear about them.

This year Iā€™m making one thing each for my kids as part of their Christmas present. Iā€™ll post a few pics once Iā€™ve finished them. I got most of my supplies from Sostrene Grene and Iā€™ve really been enjoying making little things. One being a car storage display for my middle boys. Itā€™s a wooden truck that Iā€™m painting and adding some lights.

Even if they arenā€™t 100 percent perfect. šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 4
I'm going to make scarves for my kids. Making something for my mum & I'm getting canvases made from some beautiful photos I've had done for my parents. I usually make most of my Christmas decorations, stockings etc too

Reactions: 3
Just marking a place on this thread as I would also love to hear and see what you all make!

Reactions: 2
I keep watching soap videos on youtube, I'd like to make a big batch of soaps if I get the chance. Not that it'll workout any cheaper than buying but does look fun.

Can't mind where I saw this idea on instagram somewhere but I'm dying to try making the snowglobe candle holder made from a wine glass

I normally make my children's teachers fudge and chocolates, but my son wants to attempt candles this year! My daughter wants to make them all a magical empty box šŸ™„ the joy of 4 year olds haha!

I did a stocking filler for my SO last year that was handmade. It was a mason jar that I decorated then inside was sticks with different date ideas. They were colour coded so red for food (go to a new restaurant, make sushi etc), green for outdoors, yellow for free, etc.

This year I am making a photo album/scrapbook. In the time of digital photos, we don't have many printed photos so that I that it would be nice to give him :)

• Heart
I'm making pickles and mango chutney this year!
Been saving my jars all year. Just as extra little gifts for people

I am famous for my sloe gin, and have made it as teachers presents, as well as neighbours this year. Last year I couldnā€™t find a beanbag a liked for my daughter so ended up finding a tutorial online and the result was pretty successful, it is yet to explode all over her bedroom anyway! I make chutneys and pickles, and include them in hampers for gifts, and also mini Christmas cakes, Nancy from gbbo has a great idea of using baked bean tins on her blog. Would love to give some more seeing a go in the future and I would really like to be able to knit!

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m knitting hats & scarves for some friends in Canada (so cold they will get much use from them) and also a couple blankets for other friends.

I keep watching soap videos on youtube, I'd like to make a big batch of soaps if I get the chance. Not that it'll workout any cheaper than buying but does look fun.
I get a 2lb block of Shea butter (melt & pour) on Amazon and itā€™s $15. That makes about 8-10 soaps for me, it of course depends on the moulds you use. It is fun and you can make so many types.

Last edited:
My 18m old is obsessed with balls so Iā€™m making him a bag of Pom poms - itā€™s only a little thing but heā€™ll love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah youā€™re all so clever!
I do try to make something each year, as gifts wether I do a cake or whatever the trendy thing is that year;, cookies, macarons, scones, Iā€™m not great at it and I always get so overwhelmed so I do try to be good and shop local or go on Etsy and NOTHS instead of giving my money to Argos and other big shops.

I made a scrabble letter frame for my mum for my birthday and now my grandma and mother in law will be getting one