Hair help

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi. So I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm wanting to lighten my hair from dark brown to blonde. I'm wanting to do it at home and the Jerome Russell B Blonde stuff.

I know that you can do a bleach bath on your hair at home, but wondered if I can do it using the Jerome Russell stuff? If so, how? Or is it best to just use this as the instructions say?

Also, is Olaplex worth the money? Or is there another brand that repairs your hair brilliantly just as good or better?

I've just bought the Aussie SOS Kiss of Life range and the Aussie deep moisture so hoping they'll help once my hair is bleached?

TIA?

Reactions: 1
Hi. So I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm wanting to lighten my hair from dark brown to blonde. I'm wanting to do it at home and the Jerome Russell B Blonde stuff.

I know that you can do a bleach bath on your hair at home, but wondered if I can do it using the Jerome Russell stuff? If so, how? Or is it best to just use this as the instructions say?

Also, is Olaplex worth the money? Or is there another brand that repairs your hair brilliantly just as good or better?

I've just bought the Aussie SOS Kiss of Life range and the Aussie deep moisture so hoping they'll help once my hair is bleached?

TIA?
Have you got any purple shampoo or toner to stop it going that horrible yellow and stop it being so brashy :)

Have you got any purple shampoo or toner to stop it going that horrible yellow and stop it being so brashy :)
I have the provoke intensive shampoo one, yeah? I've read online that I can do a bleach bath at home. Is this right? I saw a YouTube video and the girl sent very blonde but she was already blonde?

I've bought quite a few things to make sure my hair isn't ruined after. I got the Aussie deep moisture range and provoke blonde rehab bonding stuff. Haha.

I used to have bleach blonde hair.
Olaplex 3 was a fantastic treatment for it. Worth every penny.

Oh is worth it? I've read thet Olaplex 0 and 3 are the best. What shampoo do you use with your Olaplex 3? If you don't use theirs that is?
It was a while back.
I used no.3 overnight. Then Philip Kingsley elactizer for 30 mins. Then just a regular shampoo. My hair was improved massively.
(Grown all dye out now)

I have the provoke intensive shampoo one, yeah? I've read online that I can do a bleach bath at home. Is this right? I saw a YouTube video and the girl sent very blonde but she was already blonde?

I've bought quite a few things to make sure my hair isn't ruined after. I got the Aussie deep moisture range and provoke blonde rehab bonding stuff. Haha.
Not sure about home as ive always gone to a hairdresser it may not always be blonde the first time either

Hi hoping someone can help me. After years of going blonde at the hair dressers my hair is so fine and in terrible condition it’s got shorter and thinner and looks so dry and snapped. Finally decided enough is enough and going to get a brown dye nearest my natural colour and avoid bleaching from now on.

Will my hair start to grow? I feel like there is no going back it’s so lifeless and the way it feel I just don’t imagine it being able to get thicker longer as if there is too much damaged. Any tips appreciated 🥲🥲🥲

Hi hoping someone can help me. After years of going blonde at the hair dressers my hair is so fine and in terrible condition it’s got shorter and thinner and looks so dry and snapped. Finally decided enough is enough and going to get a brown dye nearest my natural colour and avoid bleaching from now on.

Will my hair start to grow? I feel like there is no going back it’s so lifeless and the way it feel I just don’t imagine it being able to get thicker longer as if there is too much damaged. Any tips appreciated 🥲🥲🥲
Mine was like this and I managed to sort it. ProVoke do a bond repair range. I use that and then 2-3 times per week, wash with a shampoo and conditioner and then use a hair mask overnight. Hair is so much better. I'll post screenshots of what I used. :) You could keep it blonde then if you wanted :)
---
So I use the ProVoke rehab stuff daily. Then, two days per week I use the Garnier banana range. I wash it with the shampoo and conditioner before bed then put on the hair mask and the drink over it. Wash it off the next day with the ProVoke stuff. My hair is fab now.

You could also use the Papaya Garnier range instead, they do the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and hair drink. I just decided to combat the dryness before the damage, plus the ProVoke helped with the damage :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Mine was like this and I managed to sort it. ProVoke do a bond repair range. I use that and then 2-3 times per week, wash with a shampoo and conditioner and then use a hair mask overnight. Hair is so much better. I'll post screenshots of what I used. :) You could keep it blonde then if you wanted :)
---
So I use the ProVoke rehab stuff daily. Then, two days per week I use the Garnier banana range. I wash it with the shampoo and conditioner before bed then put on the hair mask and the drink over it. Wash it off the next day with the ProVoke stuff. My hair is fab now.

You could also use the Papaya Garnier range instead, they do the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and hair drink. I just decided to combat the dryness before the damage, plus the ProVoke helped with the damage :)
Thank you so much this is really helpful I’m going to pick up these products hopefully or helps 🥰

• Heart

My hair has grew so much since I dyed it brunette but I've used hair masks and I've trained my hair to wash once a week and tried to avoid using heat on my hair and just let my hair dry naturally sounds daft but I take b vitamins and multi vitamins I'm not sure if it's helped or not mind 😂

• Heart
My hair has grew so much since I dyed it brunette but I've used hair masks and I've trained my hair to wash once a week and tried to avoid using heat on my hair and just let my hair dry naturally sounds daft but I take b vitamins and multi vitamins I'm not sure if it's helped or not mind 😂
Thanks beaut 😜🤣

Looking for any tips or tricks from hair girlies - I can't afford a £200 trip to my hairdresser (her prices have increased rapidly and I wanna cry) but I really want to lighten my hair before the summer.
I am currently a really light brown / bronde, and would love to get to a warm blonde - does anyone recommend anything UK based?
Was thinking of looking at Glaze for blonder hair or is that not what I'd need?

I went from dark brown to a really light blonde a few years ago and found that the best one you from the high street (except sallys) was the bleach London one.
I used to bleach with that and then use a toner from somewhere like sallys.
It turned out really good! But I was super cautious about timings and over processing.
A good silver shampoo definitely helps. I used to have a really good silver conditioner from TK maxx too.

I went from dark brown to a really light blonde a few years ago and found that the best one you from the high street (except sallys) was the bleach London one.
I used to bleach with that and then use a toner from somewhere like sallys.
It turned out really good! But I was super cautious about timings and over processing.
A good silver shampoo definitely helps. I used to have a really good silver conditioner from TK maxx too.
Oooh I might give this a go! Thank you !!

Hey, hoping someone can help , at my hairdressers I normally just get all an colour dark brown sure it’s number 3, however my greys are coming back so rapid it’s getting hard to afford it every couple of weeks. Would anyone know if I bought the hair dye and developer how to work out the ratio for mid length hair ? I have googled it but so many different answers! Thank you

Hey, hoping someone can help , at my hairdressers I normally just get all an colour dark brown sure it’s number 3, however my greys are coming back so rapid it’s getting hard to afford it every couple of weeks. Would anyone know if I bought the hair dye and developer how to work out the ratio for mid length hair ? I have googled it but so many different answers! Thank you
You should only apply it on your roots and then comb the product through to the mid lengths and ends. Applying it all over will cause a build up.