Hair extensions - any advice about what sort are best?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wear clip ins and have done for almost a decade now. My hair is long but it's fine and thin. I haven't been wearing the clip ins daily or during lock down at all for a while now and also since I'm not gong anywhere but because of that I can see how fine/thin my hair is and just how not good it looks. So I've kinda been thinking of bonds/rings..etc, I've had a little look but am bit confused on if they are made of metal? I have to have MRIs on a scheduled and also surprise basis so metal isn't an option. Can anyone advise on what they are made of? Oh and also suggestions :)
The nano extensions I have are metal but mine have all come out over lockdown and like you my hair is fine/thin and I really don't feel good about myself without the help of extensions.

Anyway, I ordered some tape in ones off eBay. Omg, I love them. I guessed at the colour I thought looked the closest and it's an absolute perfect match. I got a pack of 10 but I've only used 1 each side and I'm so pleased.

If my hairdresser wasn't a good friend I'd definitely not have the rings again. I'm going to discuss the tape ins with her as obviously professsional insertion would be better.

The hair on the ones I got is real hair, they came in 2 days and they were £15 !!!! Literally stick a 2" strip either side of your own hair, like a sandwich. They wash and dry lovely too.

Worth a look for the price ❤

Reactions: 1
The nano extensions I have are metal but mine have all come out over lockdown and like you my hair is fine/thin and I really don't feel good about myself without the help of extensions.

Anyway, I ordered some tape in ones off eBay. Omg, I love them. I guessed at the colour I thought looked the closest and it's an absolute perfect match. I got a pack of 10 but I've only used 1 each side and I'm so pleased.

If my hairdresser wasn't a good friend I'd definitely not have the rings again. I'm going to discuss the tape ins with her as obviously professsional insertion would be better.

The hair on the ones I got is real hair, they came in 2 days and they were £15 !!!! Literally stick a 2" strip either side of your own hair, like a sandwich. They wash and dry lovely too.

Worth a look for the price ❤
I've researched the tape ins and OMG they sound perfect!!!!! I've ordered some and can't wait to wear them :) Thanks for telling me about them! 💝

• Heart
I just put in the tape extensions and they look great :) I put in 15 sandwiches and it has made my hair look so much thicker. I'm delighted 😊

• Heart
My hair was in crap condition prior to getting bonded extensions. It was thin, wispy and the back of my head was so sparse you could see my scalp in places.
I had been wearing clip ins for about 8/9 years at that point, for increased length and volume and taking the clips in and out (as well as having to backcomb my hair so that the clips could grip on) absolutely destroyed my hair.
In order to achieve any volume at all, I had to use a duck tonne of products and hot tools on my hair to make it look any way decent.
I also used to have to wash it a lot because it would go limp after a day or two cause there was so much product in it.

I got bonded extensions on the recommendation of my hairdresser and the difference in my hair has been incredible.
I now wash it twice a week max, blow dry it properly and it looks effortlessly good. No need to spend half an hour trying to tame it, it looks voluminous and thick and healthy on its own.

It has come on so much over the last 6 years since I started getting them that I now only get one pack of fillers at the very front of my hair, versus the 6/7 packs I needed to achieve that same look a few years ago.

That said I have an excellent talented hairdresser and I always use good brands of hair. I’ve used Gold Fever, Platinum and EasiLocks in the past and could recommend all of them.
So I don’t think it’s fair to say that extensions ruin your hair when that isn’t the case, it’s what saved mine. If you use a good product with a good hairdresser and you take good care of them, you won’t have any issues.