Gym routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely recommend classes especially any circuit training classes as you get an idea of form with weight training and it seems to be a more all-round exercise.

From personal experience I started with lots of cardio just to improve fitness. Then I started circuit training classes and got a PT for a few sessions who drew up a programme for weight training and cardio and showed me proper technique with regards to squats, deadlifting and bench press.

If you want to do compound lifts like deadlifting and squats I'd recommend a PT even if just for a few sessions just so your technique is right because incorrect form can lead to injuries. It also helps just to have confidence in the weight area.

Personally I prefer doing cardio and weight training as they complement each other I feel. Like when I have stronger calves and legs I feel I can run faster etc. Also just doing one without the other gets boring I think.
I go mostly first thing in the morning (5am) after work so there isn’t any classes otherwise I would. I don’t think I’ll do squats/dead lifts just weight machines.
Thank you all I’ll have a look at the links above 😄

Reactions: 1
Anyone willing to share their gym routine?

I currently go 5-6 times a week to the gym either weights, circuit classes or swimming 1km to stretch my muscles.

On weight days I try to do any of the following: legs/glutes/arms/back.

Keep a track of weights in the notes app on my phone too and how many sets so I can track progress.

But I’m relatively new to all this so would appreciate any advice or anyone sharing their routines 😅

Happy to share mine but I only do classes.
Mon spin. Tues spin. Weds lbt. Thurs pump. Fri circuits. Sat rest. Sun pump and spin.
I absolutely love spin

I tend to hit the gym 3/4times per week.
Tuesday I focus on chest and biceps
Wednesday legs bum abs
Thursday back triceps (add some bike work or short run)
Saturday shoulders and cardio or I take a class depends.
If I finish work on time I do a Monday class too. Classes are a mix really of weights hitt, circuit type that has the heart rate up.
What I do depends on mood and time. Today I was short on time so I focused on reps and heart rate when doing legs where as more time I focus more on weight

I tend to do
Monday - active rest day and food prepping
Tuesday - glutes
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - quads and hamstrings - sometimes I swap with Wednesday rest day depending on work
Friday - upper
Saturday - conditioning day
Sunday - Pilates and stretching