Greta Thunberg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of her. She was given the platform because her parents are rich and well-connected so could get the media to focus on her, most other kids would have done the same and been ignored and probably told off by the school

That aside, I also think her approach was very useless. Most the kids walking in those protests are unlikely to change their lifestyles so will still be subscribing to fast fashion and the like. She had this platform with world leaders and instead of having scientists and experts with possible ideas speak (as governments clearly lack the damn effort to do the work themselves and she doesn't know anything beyond your basic GCSE stuff) to these important people and have a bigger platform in general... she just told the governments that it's an issue and they should do something. Like wow, I'm a 100% sure you gave them great insight into the movement you have going!

People always seem to come back with this whole discussion to how it's the governments who should be taxing all those corporations and the like, and while I agree, individual people choosing to cut down on meat or stop buying into fast fashion is going to be a step one day or another. Seeing how slow the governments are moving, you may as well make that step now really. The impact won't be as big as a corporation doing something useful, but there's hope that demand at least decreases and so does supply

Reactions: 6
Not a fan of her. She was given the platform because her parents are rich and well-connected so could get the media to focus on her, most other kids would have done the same and been ignored and probably told off by the school

That aside, I also think her approach was very useless. Most the kids walking in those protests are unlikely to change their lifestyles so will still be subscribing to fast fashion and the like. She had this platform with world leaders and instead of having scientists and experts with possible ideas speak (as governments clearly lack the damn effort to do the work themselves and she doesn't know anything beyond your basic GCSE stuff) to these important people and have a bigger platform in general... she just told the governments that it's an issue and they should do something. Like wow, I'm a 100% sure you gave them great insight into the movement you have going!

People always seem to come back with this whole discussion to how it's the governments who should be taxing all those corporations and the like, and while I agree, individual people choosing to cut down on meat or stop buying into fast fashion is going to be a step one day or another. Seeing how slow the governments are moving, you may as well make that step now really. The impact won't be as big as a corporation doing something useful, but there's hope that demand at least decreases and so does supply
Yes. When actual scientists are not allowed to speak (unless they are saying the same as everyone else) but an uneducated girl reading from a script is given the world's platform you should stop and ask why.

Using kids to get a message across isn't new. Try to say anything and you are jumped on for daring to say anything to or about a child. it's an old trick

30 years ago Jehovah's witnesses in my area started to bring young children with them, they would be the ones knocking on your door and asking you a question while the adults stood back.

Reactions: 12
Everyone keeps calling her a kid but she's an 18yo masquerading as a 12yo. Serious Baby Jane vibes.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Everyone keeps calling her a kid but she's an 18yo masquerading as a 12yo. Serious Baby Jane vibes.
(y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can just imagine her singing “I’ve Written A Letter To Daddy.”
Based on Greta’s recent chanting, “stick your climate crisis up your arse,” there is a good argument that she’s like the Baby Jane character, particularly the scene when Elvira challenges Jane over locking Blanche in her bedroom!

Reactions: 1
She is an idiot without an original thought in her head. She came over to Glasgow and instead of attempting to engage in meaningful dialogue around climate change she just uttered blah blah blah and thousands of idiots lapped it up. Hopefully now she is 18 people will start to ask her serious questions and it will become apparent she knows next to nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m not sure if she has been a force for good. The hysteria around her has overshadowed any environmental progress she might have wanted to make. She seems to have vanished after everyone wanted to meet her, like she was Christ on the second coming.

Reactions: 2
There is a really awkward and strange clip somewhere where she flounders and doesn't know how to answer a journalist's question about the message she wants to send. I think she is just a "face" or a spokesperson, and her parents give her a script of what to say.

I think most people still think of her as a child because it doesn't seem that long ago since she came into the limelight, and also she still acts young and is a bit strange looking, with the pigtails, she looks like a toddler's head on an adult's body.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I think it's good that she's raised awareness of climate change and our impact on the environment, along with what will happen if we don't address it. And it's right that someone younger does it, because -- let's face it -- her generation will be impacted a lot more than those who are older.

She's also highlighted the massive amount of defensiveness that some people show when the topic is raised. From people who think climate change is nonsense and turn their anger on her, to people who accept that climate change is an issue but deep down feel a bit guilty about not doing enough and hence lash out when challenged on it.

Like it or not, the amount of hate and nasty comments directed at her is bizarre. And I'm not saying people shouldn't criticise the content of what she says, but she gets so many personal insults directed at her from adults. Just the other day Julia Hartley-Brewer tweeted a list of insults about Greta and included "autistic" in her list. She deleted it soon after, but as we all know, the internet is forever.

Reactions: 7
She’s a pain in the arse. Having said that, I do admire her fluency in English as it’s not her native tongue. She can still sod off though.

Reactions: 3
I'm not a fan of her brand of climate activism or any activism that just seems to involve throwing tanturms and yelling at people. I think it's pretty disgraceful that Extinction Rebellion have used a literal child as their poster girl, although she's a legal adult now at least. That said, the bile she attracts is absolutely disgusting, bizarre and worrying...it scares me that so many think it's acceptable to hurl abuse at a young woman who is just following her passion, however annoying some of us may find her methods.

However, I do respect her for her handling of the Andrew Tate saga. First class all the way. Credit where it's due!

Reactions: 8
Like it or not, the amount of hate and nasty comments directed at her is bizarre. And I'm not saying people shouldn't criticise the content of what she says, but she gets so many personal insults directed at her from adults. Just the other day Julia Hartley-Brewer tweeted a list of insults about Greta and included "autistic" in her list. She deleted it soon after, but as we all know, the internet is forever.
The trouble is people still talk about her as if she was a child, she isn't, I was married with two children at her age. So Julia was insulting another adult. I don't agree with the insults she gets but also she doesn't hold back on saying insulting things either.

She is a puppet and without her script has absolutely no idea about anything she talks about. Why are real climate scientists overlooked in favour of Greta?

Reactions: 3
She is just another WEF puppet, she is currently at the WEF get together, she was asked by reporters how she got there, she smirked 😡 along with many other questions that she didn't have scripted answers for, so she said nothing, just smirked and grinned, she is laughing at us, this green nonsense and the money it's costing ALL of us, as a millionaire she doesn't have the worry of paying her heating bill etc.

She is a dangerous women, along with our leaders and WEF & The Great Reset, they are all in on it. 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The pied piper for the gullible.
100% but it's frightening just how she has brainwashed people to believe every word out of her mouth.
Why can people not see she is the mouthpiece for those at the WEF, they had to frighten the population, so got a young school girl to do it, knowing the press wouldn't touch her, and no questions asked due to her age.
She's now an adult and is being asked the questions, none of which she has answers for, hopefully people are waking up to this green, the world is going to end crap. 😡

as a millionaire she doesn't have the worry of paying her heating bill etc.
She never would have had to worry. Her parents are celebrities and well liked which is the only reason her movement ever got picked up by the press. She's basically a nepobaby who took up activism as a career - the average school kid would have been told to do one

I remember I read a post about her parents being linked to some PR firm which had obviously been handling Greta. It was really interesting and I think someone at the firm had links to some green project which looked a bit dodgy. If anyone wants to procrastinate for the afternoon, I'm sure that's a fun rabbit hole to go down

Reactions: 4