Great Expectations BBC 1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone planning on watching this latest adaptation tonight @ 9pm?
For me, the earlier BBC one with Gillian Anderson, Ray Winstone (as Abel Magwitch) will be hard to beat, but I'll give this a go tonight.

Reactions: 3
Anyone planning on watching this latest adaptation tonight @ 9pm?
For me, the earlier BBC one with Gillian Anderson, Ray Winstone (as Abel Magwitch) will be hard to beat, but I'll give this a go tonight.
I'm giving it a go as well

Reactions: 1
They seem to be offering a very different take on it Mrs Joe is such a bit witch.

Thought it was ok, not really sure why the BBC needed to make yet another version though.
Abel Magwitch has his own backstory written by Dickens, how he ended up a convict, going to Australia, becoming successful etc
Why not be original & make a drama out of that story for example?
Not sure I will last the 6 episodes of this.

Reactions: 2
Thought it was ok, not really sure why the BBC needed to make yet another version though.
Abel Magwitch has his own backstory written by Dickens, how he ended up a convict, going to Australia, becoming successful etc
Why not be original & make a drama out of that story for example?
Not sure I will last the 6 episodes of this.
I feel exactly the same I like Coleman as Miss Havisham but it feels a bit contrived and pretentious. Pip wandering around saying "tit" all the time was silly.

Love Peaky Blinders so decided to watch it, I'll see if I stick with it for rest of episodes, it was ok.

This is very weird and moving further and further away from the Dickens story.

I've stuck with it so far, bit more interesting now Pip is in London. I haven't seen previous Great Expectations or read the book so nothing to compare it to 🙈

I'm just watching the second episode and it's tit so far. Estella is charmless and Olivia Coleman is not Miss Havisham.

What's with the blacksmith being beaten by his wife? So unnecessary 😒

The only creditable performance so far is Magwitch.

They've completely changed all the characters. Not lovin it. Absolutely loved the Gillian Anderson one, this one can get in the bin.

Reactions: 2
I'm just watching the second episode and it's tit so far. Estella is charmless and Olivia Coleman is not Miss Havisham.

What's with the blacksmith being beaten by his wife? So unnecessary 😒

The only creditable performance so far is Magwitch.
It wasn't the blacksmith, it was Mr Pumblechook.
---
As I said in previous post I've never seen Great Expectations before so nothing to compare it to, episode 2 was a bit slow but its improved since Pip went to London imo.