Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dfsdfsdfadfs

I keep lol'ing at that clip from Sky News of the reference to her Grandfather, Sir Nigel Broackes, who left an estate worth over £16,000,000 in 1999. Adjusted for inflation, in 2021, that would be worth just under £30,000,000. Imagine your Granda leaving your mum or dad an estate worth that much. Boggles the mind really. However, you're so "business savvy" that you became "financially independent" from the age of 13.

Researching a little, I found an article from the Washington Post.

"Using a legacy from his grandfather, Sir Nigel dabbled in property development, initially with little success. But he used his last asset, a small apartment block, to gain control of a new company, Trafalgar House, and built it into a world leader in technology-based engineering services and international construction. He served first as managing director, then as chairman from 1969 to 1992. He was knighted in 1984.

Today, Trafalgar House has annual sales of more than $4 billion, has 28,000 employees and owns the Cunard cruise line and London's Ritz Hotel.

Handsome and self-assured, Sir Nigel was a brilliant strategist who was happy to delegate day-to-day running of the group to his partner, Victor Matthews, a former builder and later Lord Matthews."

Delegating seems to be the buzzword of the day, even back then. Her Grandfather starting a company that today turns over 4 billion!

All that and she still claims to have had to "babysit" to make money, became independent monetarily through her hard work in her early teens, "started" 3 businesses from scratch and had "late" missed payments to her university and was on the VERY edge of being kicked out. WOW, what an incredible, gold, diamond encrusted rags to riches story.

I can guarantee the average "fan" or social media commenter has no idea about this. They think Grace came from a "privileged" background as Grace mentions this scarcely in the odd interview (more framed as a race angle) but have little notion about any of the details, as Grace has done her utmost to avoid or confuse the situation. Talking about what I said above, "ya girls a saving queen".. "I can't justify spending £100 on a dress".. "Does anybody have any discounttt codes plzzz" You're family is worth literally 10s of millions of pounds, you don't need a 10% discount code to buy a pair of boots out of Zara.

Then, the Sky News interview. The host or researcher for them, does a quick 30 second google search and realises all her self made claims are virtual hogwash and they mention that her Grandad ran Trafalgar House. As other commenters have said, she could have ran with it and said yeah, what an amazing man, he was a real inspiration to many and Id love to live up to all the great achievement he had. Instead, the cogs running a million miles an hour in a split second. What can I say? Oh god.. the privilege. If people look this up. Ehh.. "That's.... true"... What an odd statement. Dismissive. Blunt. Accurate. That is true. What more can be said. No spin. No clever retort. No charming stories. Two words and a fake smile. In a sea of lies and mistruths and smoke and mirrors. The truth needs to be pointed out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

LittlePea

Chatty Member
not Grace sharing this about fast fashion & not accepting gifts of excess clothing when she’s listed 1300 items on depop and TALA got caught out saying their factory was in Hong Kong when it’s actually in Shanghai 🤡
A345A610-EC0C-4753-A3D2-E2DCAB82C3E6.jpeg

Talking about Depop, I just don’t understand how she can list these dirty af shoes for £10 + postage when they’re absolutely not worth that?! They’ve been on there for 27 weeks, just donate them to a charity shop or something Grace babe, you’re not that desperately in need of a tenner 😭

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

freshgossip5

VIP Member
It’s even been discussed at lengths here how her private schooling, connections, etc is what got her into oxford = irrelevant, this about her success as a influencer , besides , she had the grades to get in, she simply changed her preferred course
Oxford is what really exploded her youtube channel.= implying , non middle class kids or middle class kids without Grace s connection, don't get into Oxford, so , they could have easily vlog about Oxford too, examples oxford university vlog - YouTube
Grace was vlogging from her holland park mansion, with her expensive clothes, make up, vlogging = to her core followers middle class girls, like her, that's her market, vlog to girls like you

There’s no way without the lifestyle she had, oxford, etc. that she would have gotten anywhere close to what she did on youtube.= so she took advantage of situations and her background, smart gal

Now lets compare Grace to her sisters, same background, why aren't they as financially successful?, maybe because grace believes in branding, she knew the Oxford brand would be important, so she waited for a year, and got in 2nd try,
she is driven and ambitious to the point of being ruthless.
Maybe its easier to digest Grace by agreeing this , she is not your peer,
her peers are the white middle class girls that follow her,
very few girls here , will ever like Grace, because you don't see Grace in you, her followers do.

But every successful influencer\ business woman uses their connections, that most girls will never have access to
Ciara London \ Body By Ciara worked in public relations, and used her connections to get mag interviews, and used that to build her Instagram followers
Conna Walker co founded CelebBoutique on eBay with her mum, whilst she was in private school, it morphed into House of CB, a family funded business, she is the front woman, not the CEO
Ciara London and krissycela are one of the few working class made good success stories

Influencers don't influence me , i buy and think , what i want

Respectfully ❤ This whole conversation is so boring

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

greenvelvet

VIP Member
In the UK being upper class traditionally has to do with being part of the aristocracy, but now the definition is expanded to include significant “new money” families where money is inherited across generations.

I always find it baffling when people say inheriting millions is an insignificant amount of money. Someone middle class on a £50K/year salary would have to work for 160 years solid to get £8m before tax. Even if they magically worked for 160 years straight they would never have anywhere near close to £8m in their bank account, like they would never be approved to buy an asset worth anything near close that. Their house would likely be worth less than a million if they bought with today’s mortgages.

So Graces mother has immense wealth ? :ROFLMAO: 😂 😂 😂 , im all for slagging off grace, im not going to exaggerate her mothers social status or wealth, her grandfather was knighted and left his 3 children a couple of million in assets, hardly upper class, her grandfather was newly rich middle class, i have been around rich folks, my family lives in Chelsea, and own houses around London, if we were Upper class, i wouldn't have to work
Is your full stop key broken? What’s with all the commas? Grace and her family and yours by the sound of it (though I still think you’re a troll) are filthy stinking rich even if they are not as rich as Bezos. Hope this helps.

• Haha
Reactions: 64

klarigold

I could've predicted a mile off that they'd claim they offset the carbon from the flights. Carbon offsetting is notoriously complicated and most of the programmes are ineffective, which is why active reduction of carbon emissions (i.e. not sending influencers halfway across the world) should always be the priority rather than ticking a box for a potentially useless offsetting scheme.

I also find their emphasis on sharks a bit misleading/greenwashy. They claim they're saving "2 million sharks a year", but plant-derived squalane is very much the norm for Western skincare now. It's obviously good to raise awareness that you should avoid brands that don't make it isn't clear if their squalane is plant or animal derived, but you're not saving millions of sharks a year when plant-based squalane is now the industry norm.
Ummmm I actually save 5 million polar bears every year by not killing 5 million polar bears. You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
i don’t think this was mentioned here before but a couple days ago grace posted some article about how the pandemic stole her youth or whatever and said that she really felt that and added that she feels weird wearing crop tops outside bc she‘s like “am i even allowed to do that anymore” like bestie have you SEEN your latest post? 😂😂 don’t get me wrong she looks good but she sure as hell isn’t self conscious about showing anything between nipples and hip bones
The pandemic didn’t ‘steal’ anything from her tho 😭 she carried on living her life as normal and has had about 10 holidays in the last 2 years. Like pls, I know everyone has experienced it differently but when rich people cry about how traumatized they are from this pandemic I do just roll my eyes. So many people have had extreme economic losses and have fallen into poverty bc of it, worrying about whether their abs look good in a crop top or not is the least of their concerns.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

dfsdfsdfadfs

SunshineBabe2 is the type of person to leave a 5 star review for Tala after her order goes missing because the checkout on the site was so seamless.

• Haha
Reactions: 61

imsorry

Sir Nigel Broackes, His estate was valued at over £16 million; his wife, who died in 1993, left an estate of over £5 million, so that's £21m estate value, as of 1999, shared between 3 kids, if evenly spread, Graces mother would have received an estate worth £7m, which is a nest egg, but without knowing what that estate is, you cant accurately add inflation to it, her mum is middle class wealthy, but ..... any family would be, if they could afford to buy houses in SW1, W1, Notting hill, Brixton in the 90s, my point is mummys money would vanish in the next gen , if shared between grace and her 3 sisters, its likely her management consultant dad contributed heavily to their upbringing, that's what probably made Grace seek her own cash, :unsure: OMG, among her middle class peers, Grace is a " self made " millionaire :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, that's why middle class Greezzlers love her, she is their roadmap to more riches

Completely disagree that the money inherited from her grandfather would ‘vanish’.
If her Mum did inherit ~£7 million in 1999 - assuming it was invested it would be probably worth over £30 million now (using a 7% return and a 3% rate of inflation).
Sharing that between 4 children is absolutely not ‘nothing’.
If grace inherited this today (8 million - excluding any money from her dad, or her mother’s own wealth) - again in another 20 years it would be worth over £30 million.
How do you think generational wealth exists if it keeps being divided up when there’s more than one child? Any large amounts like this will just grow again massively over time.

Also - even if a £7 million inheritance was somehow worth £7 million today, I don’t think anyone could call sharing that among 4 children and receiving £1.75 million each ‘nothing’.

Reactions: 60

ceecee454

Chatty Member
it’s hilarious to me that grease has taken a. 24hour flight to be away only 4 days in somewhere as amazing as fiji and still uses her time to argue with strangers on tiktok/insta about how sustainable she is 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 59

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Definition
Upper class in modern societies is the social class composed of people who hold the highest social status, usually are the wealthiest members of class society, and wield the greatest political power. According to this view, the upper class is generally distinguished by immense wealth which is passed on from generation to generation
So Graces mother has immense wealth ? :ROFLMAO: 😂 😂 😂 , im all for slagging off grace, im not going to exaggerate her mothers social status or wealth, her grandfather was knighted and left his 3 children a couple of million in assets, hardly upper class, her grandfather was newly rich middle class, i have been around rich folks, my family lives in Chelsea, and own houses around London, if we were Upper class, i wouldn't have to work

Thank you for saying assuming, you don't know, what the assets are, or her share, and bad investments can be made, look at Graces grandfathers wiki, he made some bad investment , Broackes resigned from Trafalgar House in 1992 following heavy losses associated with a diversification into offshore activities
You seem just as deluded as Grace when it comes to understanding wealth and the value of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

x_bethanyy

Screenshot_20220511-124351_(1).png

It's ok guys, we can rest easy now. It's a 100% environmentally friendly trip because someone ticked a box while purchasing the tickets.

And not only is it a work trip AND a holiday, but it's also an educational trip! Grace flew for 24 hours to spend 20 minutes learning about how to me EVEN MORE sustainable! Wow, she really does care.

But seriously, I dont understand. Surely brands gift influencers these free holidays so that they will promote the brand? But Grace is claiming it's a personal holiday and has shown us nothing about the brand (I assume based on this thread, idk I'm blocked)... How does that work?! If I was the brand I'd be so pissed! She can't even be an influencer right.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
She is worse than molly mae. I hate everything molly mae stands for and the industry she promotes is vile, but she doesn’t claim to be sustainable, unlike grace who spent years shaming her followers for buying from fast fashion companies, then went on to sell her own brand through fucking ASOS.
She’s not the ‘anti molly mae’, she’s just a sligtly different version of molly, designed to appeal to middle class people who have been guilt tripped into buying mass produced, poor quality, greenwashed tat from brands like Tala.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

nomaddie

Chatty Member
can we stop defending rich people as if they’re being bullied? grace is going to be fine whether or not tattle or other forums exist. she’ll be fine whether or not she admits her financial privileges. she doesn’t need you to defend her

getting strong boot licker vibes 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 55