Grace Beverley #19 Friday - sunday task block: French cock

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope the censored thread title is okay Mods, it had the most votes from @sassygoat

(and uh, the Cock - as in the bird - is a national symbol of France...so, not entirely inappropriate šŸ˜‰)

Special mention also to the second most liked title is from @littlewonder : Grace Beverley #19: way more privileged than she wants to admit, her daily schedules are a load of sh-

Currently Grace is gloating about raising seed funding, getting embarrassed about her generational wealth on Sky News, over-sharing her (not that busy) daily schedules on IG stories, and flying to France every weekend to see her rugby player boyfriend.

Full video of Sky News interview here thanks to @bilberrymuffin : https://tattle.life/threads/grace-b...ggy-lest-we-forget.24858/page-51#post-8450552

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The title and recap reminded me of this... and look at the name of the brand šŸ¤£

1644907037967.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Lol love how the sky interview said she was in ā€œcentral Londonā€ when she is actually knee deep in French šŸ„–

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Going back to the hour long video on the pitch deck. I would be highly surprised if she wrote any of it. She obviously has people like finance managers and operations leads that actually run the company, she is literally just the face of it.

Reactions: 18
Seeing all you guys laugh at Grace on sky news but itā€™s not loading for me šŸ˜­

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Grace is the type of person to be confused when someone mentions struggling with money. "Just dip into your trust fund early?!... Duhhh"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I keep lol'ing at that clip from Sky News of the reference to her Grandfather, Sir Nigel Broackes, who left an estate worth over Ā£16,000,000 in 1999. Adjusted for inflation, in 2021, that would be worth just under Ā£30,000,000. Imagine your Granda leaving your mum or dad an estate worth that much. Boggles the mind really. However, you're so "business savvy" that you became "financially independent" from the age of 13.

Researching a little, I found an article from the Washington Post.

"Using a legacy from his grandfather, Sir Nigel dabbled in property development, initially with little success. But he used his last asset, a small apartment block, to gain control of a new company, Trafalgar House, and built it into a world leader in technology-based engineering services and international construction. He served first as managing director, then as chairman from 1969 to 1992. He was knighted in 1984.

Today, Trafalgar House has annual sales of more than $4 billion, has 28,000 employees and owns the Cunard cruise line and London's Ritz Hotel.

Handsome and self-assured, Sir Nigel was a brilliant strategist who was happy to delegate day-to-day running of the group to his partner, Victor Matthews, a former builder and later Lord Matthews."

Delegating seems to be the buzzword of the day, even back then. Her Grandfather starting a company that today turns over 4 billion!

All that and she still claims to have had to "babysit" to make money, became independent monetarily through her hard work in her early teens, "started" 3 businesses from scratch and had "late" missed payments to her university and was on the VERY edge of being kicked out. WOW, what an incredible, gold, diamond encrusted rags to riches story.

I can guarantee the average "fan" or social media commenter has no idea about this. They think Grace came from a "privileged" background as Grace mentions this scarcely in the odd interview (more framed as a race angle) but have little notion about any of the details, as Grace has done her utmost to avoid or confuse the situation. Talking about what I said above, "ya girls a saving queen".. "I can't justify spending Ā£100 on a dress".. "Does anybody have any discounttt codes plzzz" You're family is worth literally 10s of millions of pounds, you don't need a 10% discount code to buy a pair of boots out of Zara.

Then, the Sky News interview. The host or researcher for them, does a quick 30 second google search and realises all her self made claims are virtual hogwash and they mention that her Grandad ran Trafalgar House. As other commenters have said, she could have ran with it and said yeah, what an amazing man, he was a real inspiration to many and Id love to live up to all the great achievement he had. Instead, the cogs running a million miles an hour in a split second. What can I say? Oh god.. the privilege. If people look this up. Ehh.. "That's.... true"... What an odd statement. Dismissive. Blunt. Accurate. That is true. What more can be said. No spin. No clever retort. No charming stories. Two words and a fake smile. In a sea of lies and mistruths and smoke and mirrors. The truth needs to be pointed out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
The thing I really donā€™t understand is why she doesnā€™t just tell the truth. ā€œYes Iā€™m a trust fund kid whoā€™s had a privileged upbringing and Iā€™ve had a big help in my career because of itā€. Why lie to make out like you were scraping around for food from 13?

Reactions: 53
God the Sky News video made my toes curl. Of all the ways she couldā€™ve responded to that question that was probably the worst. Like someone else said I actually thought the screen had frozen. šŸ˜¬ Iā€™m confused why she seemed totally unprepared for that question - a journalist was bound to ask her about it at some point and I wouldā€™ve assumed she had prepared a canned response for that event.

It just proves that this ā€œtransparency/upfront about my privilegeā€ shtick is an act. People who accept their privilege donā€™t visibly squirm when they are confronted with it.

Reactions: 48
I also find it quite sad that sheā€™s clearly embarrassed by her own family members and wants to brush them under the carpet just so she can appear self-made. Try being grateful for all of the opportunities and nice things youā€™ve had thanks to your grandad rather than try and erase any connection to your own relative? Iā€™d be gushing if someone asked me about a successful family member!

Reactions: 39
Sir Nigel Broackes, His estate was valued at over Ā£16 million; his wife, who died in 1993, left an estate of over Ā£5 million, so that's Ā£21m estate value, as of 1999, shared between 3 kids, if evenly spread, Graces mother would have received an estate worth Ā£7m, which is a nest egg, but without knowing what that estate is, you cant accurately add inflation to it, her mum is middle class wealthy, but ..... any family would be, if they could afford to buy houses in SW1, W1, Notting hill, Brixton in the 90s, my point is mummys money would vanish in the next gen , if shared between grace and her 3 sisters, its likely her management consultant dad contributed heavily to their upbringing, that's what probably made Grace seek her own cash, :unsure: OMG, among her middle class peers, Grace is a " self made " millionaire :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, that's why middle class Greezzlers love her, she is their roadmap to more riches

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Sir Nigel Broackes, His estate was valued at over Ā£16 million; his wife, who died in 1993, left an estate of over Ā£5 million, so that's Ā£21m estate value, as of 1999, shared between 3 kids, if evenly spread, Graces mother would have received an estate worth Ā£7m, which is a nest egg, but without knowing what that estate is, you cant accurately add inflation to it, her mum is middle class wealthy, but ..... any family would be, if they could afford to buy houses in SW1, W1, Notting hill, Brixton in the 90s, my point is mummys money would vanish in the next gen , if shared between grace and her 3 sisters, its likely her management consultant dad contributed heavily to their upbringing, that's what probably made Grace seek her own cash, :unsure: OMG, among her middle class peers, Grace is a " self made " millionaire :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, that's why middle class Greezzlers love her, she is their roadmap to more riches
her mum has multiple houses her house in Kensington is close to the beckhams.

her mum also works at the v&a and has worked with famous folk, her mum is far from middle class more like upper class

Reactions: 37

Completely disagree that the money inherited from her grandfather would ā€˜vanishā€™.
If her Mum did inherit ~Ā£7 million in 1999 - assuming it was invested it would be probably worth over Ā£30 million now (using a 7% return and a 3% rate of inflation).
Sharing that between 4 children is absolutely not ā€˜nothingā€™.
If grace inherited this today (8 million - excluding any money from her dad, or her motherā€™s own wealth) - again in another 20 years it would be worth over Ā£30 million.
How do you think generational wealth exists if it keeps being divided up when thereā€™s more than one child? Any large amounts like this will just grow again massively over time.

Also - even if a Ā£7 million inheritance was somehow worth Ā£7 million today, I donā€™t think anyone could call sharing that among 4 children and receiving Ā£1.75 million each ā€˜nothingā€™.

Reactions: 60
her mum has multiple houses her house in Kensington is close to the beckhams.

her mum also works at the v&a and has worked with famous folk, her mum is far from middle class more like upper class
Definition
Upper class in modern societies is the social class composed of people who hold the highest social status, usually are the wealthiest members of class society, and wield the greatest political power. According to this view, the upper class is generally distinguished by immense wealth which is passed on from generation to generation
So Graces mother has immense wealth ? :ROFLMAO: šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ , im all for slagging off grace, im not going to exaggerate her mothers social status or wealth, her grandfather was knighted and left his 3 children a couple of million in assets, hardly upper class, her grandfather was newly rich middle class, i have been around rich folks, my family lives in Chelsea, and own houses around London, if we were Upper class, i wouldn't have to work

Completely disagree that the money inherited from her grandfather would ā€˜vanishā€™.
If her Mum did inherit ~Ā£7 million in 1999 - assuming it was invested it would be probably worth over Ā£30 million now (using a 7% return and a 3% rate of inflation).
Sharing that between 4 children is absolutely not ā€˜nothingā€™.
If grace inherited this today (8 million - excluding any money from her dad, or her motherā€™s own wealth) - again in another 20 years it would be worth over Ā£30 million.
How do you think generational wealth exists if it keeps being divided up when thereā€™s more than one child? Any large amounts like this will just grow again massively over time.

Also - even if a Ā£7 million inheritance was somehow worth Ā£7 million today, I donā€™t think anyone could call sharing that among 4 children and receiving Ā£1.75 million each ā€˜nothingā€™.
Thank you for saying assuming, you don't know, what the assets are, or her share, and bad investments can be made, look at Graces grandfathers wiki, he made some bad investment , Broackes resigned from Trafalgar House in 1992 following heavy losses associated with a diversification into offshore activities

Last edited:
Definition
Upper class in modern societies is the social class composed of people who hold the highest social status, usually are the wealthiest members of class society, and wield the greatest political power. According to this view, the upper class is generally distinguished by immense wealth which is passed on from generation to generation
So Graces mother has immense wealth ? :ROFLMAO: šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ , im all for slagging off grace, im not going to exaggerate her mothers social status or wealth, her grandfather was knighted and left his 3 children a couple of million in assets, hardly upper class, her grandfather was newly rich middle class, i have been around rich folks, my family lives in Chelsea, and own houses around London, if we were Upper class, i wouldn't have to work

Thank you for saying assuming, you don't know, what the assets are, or her share, and bad investments can be made, look at Graces grandfathers wiki, he made some bad investment , Broackes resigned from Trafalgar House in 1992 following heavy losses associated with a diversification into offshore activities

Yes but weā€™re talking about the estateā€™s value in 1999. Losses you read of from 1992 just means it could have been worth more. But it happened before 1999 so it doesnā€™t change the figures Iā€™m quoting.

Yep agreed - you could say perhaps they made bad investments after 1999 and lost it all. But then you could equally say maybe they made good investments and instead of her motherā€™s share making over Ā£30 million by today, itā€™s made Ā£100 million. Who knows. But what Iā€™ve done is take the average rate of inflation and the average rate of return. Itā€™s the best estimate.

Reactions: 13
Definition

You seem just as deluded as Grace when it comes to understanding wealth and the value of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.