Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not too keen on the new people they keep adding. I don't dislike their personalities or anything, but the humour's just not there. šŸ˜• Am really missing Mary!

Reactions: 9
Sorry, am I reading this right?
Thank you!
I thought theyā€™d got confused with someone else.
I rarely comment on peopleā€™s looks because you canā€™t help what youā€™re born with but imho heā€™s not even average looking.
Ah well, I guess we all like different things! šŸ˜

Stephenā€™s husband has cut his hair and he looked like a completely different person.

Izzie and Ellie were absent last night as expected. Has anyone read any updates on Izzieā€™s boyfriend? I hope he pulls through.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Izzie and Ellie were absent last night as expected. Has anyone read any updates on Izzieā€™s boyfriend? I hope he pulls through
I checked earlier and the last update 3 days ago mentioned possible brain damage. It's very sad. Life is cruel. I hope he makes a full recovery but it's not looking good and the silence for me makes me wonder how bad it is. Poor man and his poor family + Ellie.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Thank you!
I thought theyā€™d got confused with someone else.
I rarely comment on peopleā€™s looks because you canā€™t help what youā€™re born with but imho heā€™s not even average looking.
Ah well, I guess we all like different things! šŸ˜

Stephenā€™s husband has cut his hair and he looked like a completely different person.

Izzie and Ellie were absent last night as expected. Has anyone read any updates on Izzieā€™s boyfriend? I hope he pulls through.
You can definitely tell heā€™s related to the chuckle brothers! But like you say we all like different things and luckily for the poster who fancies him the rest of us will all be saying ā€˜to youā€™ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I didn't realise Helena's mother's partner wasn't her father. Has the old couple from County Durham been axed? I think Mary and Giles have had their day now, they are becoming banal. I can't stand Pete and Sophie, they are both fake, that said, Pete is nice to look at. I like Dave and Shirley. Jenny and Lee are fake you can tell the producers tell them to do and say things. I'm not interested in the Saddiqi family. The Bag family are dull. Amani and Iqra very dull, not interested. Helena and her mother and step dad are very annoying, get rid of them too. Lol is there anyone left who I haven't axed?
Anne and Ken wasn't the best. Helena looks like her step dad oddly enough :D Amani I think has good comic timing, Mica and Marcus were better with the kids with them and the rest are too fake. They play up too much because they are being filmed. No way will they watch TV in the same way when not filming. I would be no good on the show as I would be like Silent Jay when he was on. I watch in silence and add in the occasional comment. I don't shout at what I am watching or do outlandish manerisms like I am shocked or scared at what I am seeing.

Reactions: 11
Anne and Ken wasn't the best. Helena looks like her step dad oddly enough :D Amani I think has good comic timing, Mica and Marcus were better with the kids with them and the rest are too fake. They play up too much because they are being filmed. No way will they watch TV in the same way when not filming. I would be no good on the show as I would be like Silent Jay when he was on. I watch in silence and add in the occasional comment. I don't shout at what I am watching or do outlandish manerisms like I am shocked or scared at what I am seeing.
Tbf I do comment a lot when watching certain programmes (mainly dramas, thrillers and true crime, not Emmerdale lol) and when something happens that I didnā€™t expect I gasp, grab my husbandā€™s arm and shake it gently as if to ask ā€œcan you believe that?ā€ I do believe that they may have mannerisms as such when watching television but they ham it up with extra cheese because they have been told to.

Reactions: 7
Tbf I do comment a lot when watching certain programmes (mainly dramas, thrillers and true crime, not Emmerdale lol) and when something happens that I didnā€™t expect I gasp, grab my husbandā€™s arm and shake it gently as if to ask ā€œcan you believe that?ā€ I do believe that they may have mannerisms as such when watching television but they ham it up with extra cheese because they have been told to.
Also when they get a positive comment about one thing they do on social media they do it x1000 forevermore to get more comments about it!

Reactions: 4
I did find it funny that if Giles even says something like 'botty' Mary will block her ears and tell him to stop being so disgusting, yet she was prattling on about putting a cork up your bottom šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Some of the stuff reviewed these days seems to be shows I do not watch, so I don't feel I can relate much.

Reactions: 5
Totally agree it's boring when they react totally over the top to stuff, where is the smug prick predicting what will happen before it does, that's what happens in this house!

Reactions: 2
Totally agree it's boring when they react totally over the top to stuff, where is the smug prick predicting what will happen before it does, that's what happens in this house!
I am this person and my husband accuses me of watching things without him, then pretending that I havenā€™t, but itā€™s never the case. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Some of the stuff reviewed these days seems to be shows I do not watch, so I don't feel I can relate much.
same - my enjoyment of the show comes down to what theyā€™re watching, and itā€™s really been off the mark these past few weeks. pieces of her looked great though!

also i know itā€™s sort of the point of the show to see real people reacting to things but i intensely dislike when they have them watch the news or current affairs stuff. it adds no real value.

to add - iā€™ve always liked amani and ameera, they always come across as genuine, and i am loving the amount of screentime the three brothers are getting at the moment.

Reactions: 14
The pregnant County Durham woman earned her paycheck for the reaction to the ventriloquist dummy coming out. The sigh was "for duck's sake" condensed into a single sound.

It's genuine reactions like that we're all here for (and what got the "stars" scouted in the first place), so I've got no idea why the producers encourage the staged bits.

Marcus has a cat šŸ„°

Reactions: 6
same - my enjoyment of the show comes down to what theyā€™re watching, and itā€™s really been off the mark these past few weeks. pieces of her looked great though!

also i know itā€™s sort of the point of the show to see real people reacting to things but i intensely dislike when they have them watch the news or current affairs stuff. it adds no real value.

to add - iā€™ve always liked amani and ameera, they always come across as genuine, and i am loving the amount of screentime the three brothers are getting at the moment.
Pieces of Her started off great but it became exasperating!

Reactions: 5
I did find it funny that if Giles even says something like 'botty' Mary will block her ears and tell him to stop being so disgusting, yet she was prattling on about putting a cork up your bottom šŸ˜‚
She comes out with the most random comments sometimes. Do you remember when there was a documentary on a farm, they were milking cows, and she said ''imagine if a cow came in right now and milked me''. šŸ˜‚

I wish they wouldn't watch Naked Attraction once per episode. I think they do it because it's something that always gets strong reactions, but I always seem to be watching with my parents when those segments come on, so have my mother turning to me and asking questions like 'does anyone have pubic hair now? where did it go?' etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Iā€™ve been a fan of Gogglebox since the beginning, but now Iā€™m finding Iā€™m really not fussed if I miss an episode. I used to love Jenny & Lee, but now they just act up for the camera.

I cannot stand the Essex family. The two brothers pop up on my TikTok fyp occasionally and they are the most irritating attention seekers going. The older one does this weird thing with his mouth all the time

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.