Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like some of the families are quite performative now, but I do still like Gogglebox. Sophie's laugh really annoys me though.

Reactions: 9
I feel like some of the families are quite performative now, but I do still like Gogglebox. Sophie's laugh really annoys me though.
It's the way Sophie tries to explain something intellectual that annoys me, it always sounds like she has just been told the explanation and she is trying to inform us through Pete, I just don't like her and never have , I lumbered Pete in with my dislike but he actually does say some funny things , and then as you say Sophies annoying laugh starts , I wouldn't mind them replacing Sophie for Petes new wife , I think he is getting married , obviously it would be up to her but it would be better than Sophie imo

Reactions: 7
Apparently, regardless of how many family members there are, each family is paid £1,500 a month, or £125 for every hour they have to watch.

And then of course many start earning a lot more as 'influencers'.

Reactions: 3
It's the way Sophie tries to explain something intellectual that annoys me, it always sounds like she has just been told the explanation and she is trying to inform us through Pete, I just don't like her and never have , I lumbered Pete in with my dislike but he actually does say some funny things , and then as you say Sophies annoying laugh starts , I wouldn't mind them replacing Sophie for Petes new wife , I think he is getting married , obviously it would be up to her but it would be better than Sophie imo
Maybe she will. Their parents were on the Talk talk ad a few years ago , the come across being a bit of a fame hungry family.

Reactions: 9
Was it on this thread that I read that Sophie and Pete were related to the Chuckle Brothers?

Reactions: 5
I'm sure they could have filled the LOD slot with something more exciting last night 😴
I got really annoyed by them dissing the Headspace programme. The app is brilliant as a meditation tool and it has really helped me with my mental health challenges over the last ten years. The Netflix show is a great extension to it and I just don’t think the people on the show understood it. It’s not for entertainment or fun, it’s a mental health tool. I do agree that it was a dull thing to have them watch though for that reason! However, as someone who doesn’t watch LOD, I got sick of the weekly slots for LOD on Gogglebox - I like to see variety on it.

Reactions: 10
I did have a giggle about the sister (don’t know which is which) with her 12 cushions for one sofa. That is me 100% and it drives my OH mad

Reactions: 2
The Malones daughter annoys me.
I just want her to sit back in the bloody seat. They always looked so much more comfortable when the other brother was on it, since the sister arrived they’re all leaning forward and it drives me mad.

Reactions: 18
BIB
You *think* he’s getting married?!
He makes sure he mentions it pretty much every week that he’s getting married or is going to be a dad! I don’t think he can quite believe it and wants to make sure we all know.
At least there was no sexual innuendos between brother and sister this week.
My least favourite people on Gogglebox - they’ve irritated me since day 1.

Reactions: 10
Just been watching this series and they seem to have found another good looking Siddiqui. Wavy-haired Siddiqui brother has aged like fine wine.
Like the new(ish?) northern student with her parents and the older county Durham couple are low key hilarious.

Reactions: 1
Get rid of the Durham girls, so boring.
And the Brummie Mother and Daughter.
Love the Welsh couple.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.