Go Hard Or Go Home - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else watched the first 3 episodes on iplayer?

It kind of reminds me of The Biggest Loser in America but with a team/competition element and focus more on fitness than fat loss.

The contestants were annoying at first but warming to them as it goes.

Reactions: 3
Anybody else watched the first 3 episodes on iplayer?

It kind of reminds me of The Biggest Loser in America but with a team/competition element and focus more on fitness than fat loss.

The contestants were annoying at first but warming to them as it goes.
I know you from the Carrie thread!

I just binged this show. Thought it would be awful but I'm addicted. Had to skip through the sob stories though. It makes the whole thing unnecessarily heavy and emotionally manipulative.

Hope is the funniest person. I'm really rooting for her.

Reactions: 1
I know you from the Carrie thread!

I just binged this show. Thought it would be awful but I'm addicted. Had to skip through the sob stories though. It makes the whole thing unnecessarily heavy and emotionally manipulative.

Hope is the funniest person. I'm really rooting for her.
Haha funny how people cross over threads

I thought the people would be awful but as you get to know them I've warmed to most of them

Reactions: 2
I’m actually really enjoying this, I’m interested in fitness and many fitness based reality shows are a bit crap. I’m on ep 3.

It can’t quite decide how the “game” side of it works. Sometimes the trainees are being pushed around and yelled at, other times they are picking and choosing their warriors.

I thought it was a shame Demitri left as they could have really benefited from staying. I LOVE Fish!!
I don’t usually have patience with the sob stories in reality shows but wow, those youngsters have had some tough times.

Lol at “coach” being all quiet and mysterious when it’s Paul Olima! I only know him from James Smith threads but on social media he’s hardly the strong and silent type.

Oh and please get those girls some sports bras fgs! How can anyone exercise properly with their boobs flapping around?

The last episode has gone a little love island which I'm not a fan of, but I hope that's just a blip

Yeah the format of the show is total chaos.

I also love fitness, but Fish's first test with the new contestants (when they're "speed dating" to choose a warrior) seemed dumb and bound to end in tears. Two random people pushing one huge tyre at eachother? Of course one person will be stronger than the other and the tyre will end up landing on top of the other.

Are the warriors qualified coaches or just athletes? It's not easy to train someone. Especially from scratch.

Fish seems a bit rubbish at the games which surprises me. No strategy

My favourite warrior is Ashley, also really like his partner too (whose name I've forgotten). Both have beeb through a lot
---
I also don't get why the new guy is on it. He is already in good shape and he seems happy with his life

Last edited:
My favourite warrior is Ashley, also really like his partner too (whose name I've forgotten). Both have beeb through a lot
---
I also don't get why the new guy is on it. He is already in good shape and he seems happy with his life
I don't know how to hide spoilers on here (or if I need to) but I have so many questions about him. I have a feeling he'll have a surprisingly difficult backstory.

Must admit I skipped 99% of the Ash & contestant backstory. I don't like sad TV, I'm much too sensitive 🫠

I was surprised at how much I like the Ken Doll LA looking Mr Motivator warrior. (Hope's guy). He's really insightful and clearly knows how to get the best out of someone.

Ashley Cain has a thread on here…. He and his partner did a lot of fundraising for their daughter but it’s not clear where the money is/went.

It seems like the BBC is being cagey about exactly who the warriors are. Some are Olympians, but Waz (that means “piss” in Old Northerner language!) is a PT, I’m sure he’s very good and he looks great but he isn’t an international sportsman. Is that the one you like @PiefaceG ?

I dont think Ashley Cain or Fish are qualified PTs. The best all rounder was Nez who is both an international champion and professional coach but she seems to have gone out of it.

Still catching up on the Love Island ep…

Ashley Cain has a thread on here…. He and his partner did a lot of fundraising for their daughter but it’s not clear where the money is/went.

It seems like the BBC is being cagey about exactly who the warriors are. Some are Olympians, but Waz (that means “piss” in Old Northerner language!) is a PT, I’m sure he’s very good and he looks great but he isn’t an international sportsman. Is that the one you like @PiefaceG ?

I dont think Ashley Cain or Fish are qualified PTs. The best all rounder was Nez who is both an international champion and professional coach but she seems to have gone out of it.

Still catching up on the Love Island ep…
Waz! That's the one. Yeah.

I'm so glad you have that info on Ash. Definitely sounds dodgy. The vibes are off with him and I knew there would be something suspicious in the background.

Is this the one presented by Mark Wright from TOWIE? I caught a bit the other day and wondered whether it was any good?

No it’s on BBC, I think the Mark Wright one is on Paramount+
i haven’t got Paramount+ but just looked it up and it was also on Channel 5, which is where I must have caught it, but the episode I saw was the penultimate one so I didn’t watch much in case it was any good and I spoiled it!

i haven’t got Paramount+ but just looked it up and it was also on Channel 5, which is where I must have caught it, but the episode I saw was the penultimate one so I didn’t watch much in case it was any good and I spoiled it!
Sorry, you’re right, The Challenge is on channel 5, I was reading about one with Kaz Crossley and it said that was on Paramount+ but I think it’s the same one.

Sorry, you’re right, The Challenge is on channel 5, I was reading about one with Kaz Crossley and it said that was on Paramount+ but I think it’s the same one.
To be fair when I googled it it said it was showing on both channels

I think channel 5 and paramount plus have an agreement as channel 5 airs several paramount plus stuff

Bit confused on first challenge this week. They had to go off in pairs, with seb excluded due to injury. But what it he wasn't injured?! Why a game in pairs with an uneven number of contestants?

Also, the new guy is really annoying me. His story is all a bit of a 'waugh' compared to others. And he is also pretty fit so seems unfair when competing against everyone else

I gave up in Ep 5, I felt it was making an idiot out of me. Is it a competition, if so are the people competing or the “warriors”, what happened with eliminations as there’s only been one, is the mysterious “Coach” a figure of fear and if so why did Geordie Shore lad call him “Paul”? How do these kids go from trembling with fear of the water to being able to dive and retrieve items in about 20 minutes? As you said @Mark81 how come the initial set of people are all needing to get fit/change their lives, then someone else arrives who is completely different?

This show is total bollocks. I feel annoyed that these kids, some of whom have had proper tragedy in their lives, have been messed about with. I wonder what they got told when they signed up for it. I mean The Apprentice is mostly fiction but at least the format is clear and consistent.