Glossy box

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are these worth the money? Has the one that Abbie Blyth’s been sent a special one for influencers? I looked online for the August box and I didn’t have any of that stuff in it.

Reactions: 1
They’re really hit and miss tbh. I’ve been subscribed for 8 months, and I’ve received 3 eyeliners and 2 liquid eyeshadows. So quite a bit of duplication.

I tend to use most things I get just to try them out. But haven’t repurchased many if I’m honest.

Reactions: 3
Thank you. I used to subscribe to Birchbox years ago but like you said loads of duplication.

Hey i got the August box it had a huda beauty liquid lip stick, a lip liner, a makeup sponge, an eye cream and a molton brown shower gel (travel size) i've been subcribed for maybe 3 months and i'm liking it so far

Reactions: 2
I was subscribed years ago and then at the start of the year I thought I’d give it another go but the box never arrived. About 6 months later I got a refund.

I might try it again, I think my 11 year old would like a subscription.

Last edited:
Is this the box Kylie Jenner advertises? If so the products she gets always look pretty decent but I could imagine her to receive the best because of who she is and the amount of followers she’s advertising it to

I have glossybox for the last year and a bit, and I love it, I’ve discovered about 5 holy grails through it that I’ll repurchase again and again. There is a lot of repeaty kind of products over the months, but to be fair there is only so many kinds of beauty products to include. And I think it’s more the thrill and the surprise, so I share any bits I won’t use or have too many of with my mom and friends

Reactions: 4
I was a birchbox subscriber for a year and in May I moved to Glossy. Each month it’s been late (in lockdown I understood and was fine) but this months hasn’t arrived yet and I’ve received an email to say it will arrive next week.

Last month they took the payment twice and sent me two identical boxes.

I’ve liked the contents of the boxes but I doubt ill go into buy any of them products.

I was a subscriber for a few years but recently stopped it. I liked the idea of a treat surprise every month but tbh you just end up with lots of stuff you don’t use, I would gift it to others but there’s only so many people who want an odd coloured eyeshadow they’ve never heard of!

The final straw for me was the poor customer service, I had to contact them a few times and it’s just dire.

I used to subscribe to them and Birchbox but I found them too repetitive. I have now switched the The Pip Box which I really like. It's a tad more expensive but the products are a decent size

Reactions: 3
I got my first one this month and I like it so far, I’m on a rolling contract so think I’ll keep it up to Christmas then see how much of it I’m using etc, as I don’t want it to get to where I’m just shoving the things in a drawer and not using them

Reactions: 2
I get glossybox for my daughter, she really likes it, a nice little treat for her each month, I did have Birchbox for her but we got mainly samples of stuff so weren’t impressed.

I’ve been with Glossybox for a couple of years. They can be hit and miss, but well worth the money I think. If there’s anything I didn’t want, I would give it to one of the girls in the office. This months box was great and some of the stuff is quite handy to take on holiday as they are normally travel size creams etc!

I was a birchbox subscriber for a year and in May I moved to Glossy. Each month it’s been late (in lockdown I understood and was fine) but this months hasn’t arrived yet and I’ve received an email to say it will arrive next week.

Last month they took the payment twice and sent me two identical boxes.

I’ve liked the contents of the boxes but I doubt ill go into buy any of them products.
Was there any reason you stopped with Birchbox?

Glossy box was decent this month.

Sure we got another lip liner (the third in as many months!) but value wise - couldn’t knock it.

But again, it has a HUDA beauty lipgloss, but it’s not a shade I’d use. So while it appears good value for money, I guess it really depends!

I used to subscribe to Glossybox and have had Birchbox on occasion, until I realised that I was getting lots of duplicates and giving away lots of stuff also. I prefer to stick to what I know now. I also really fell out with Glossybox when I fell in love with a cleanser in one of their boxes which I then couldn't find anywhere to purchase it online (I think the brand was Spanish). Anyway I messaged them and they confirmed that it isn't available to buy in the UK, which really pissed me off as surely the point of getting the boxes is to discover new products you might want to repurchase. I just thought it was pretty shady and they didn't seem to care.

Has anyone had the glossy box advent calendar before? Wondering if it’s worth it and if I should invest?

I’m debating the calender too - I’ve had glossy box for 3 years and much prefer it to the birchbox I had previously and I did purchase the special Xmas box last year which was fab and even better I used glossy points towards it so it was about half price! The calender has a lot of full sizes and there’s decent brands such as Fenty in it!

QUOTE="calmyourritas, post: 2290073, member: 125824"]
Has anyone had the glossy box advent calendar before? Wondering if it’s worth it and if I should invest?
[/QUOTE]

• Heart