Glastonbury

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else going this year?

It’s my first time - any tips and packing advice is greatly welcomed!

Ooh not going this year but have been quite a few times. There is so much I could talk about! Easy tips -

DONT bring a wheely trolley, every year I see people cursing them. It is such a long walk to the campsite, pack light!
Wine in bags and spirits are your friend, not crates of beer (see - people dragging wheely trolleys through mud/rough grass)
Don’t camp by the stages if you can help it, Pennards Hill and Dairy Fields are best but arrive early, it’s popular
Arrive as soon as gates open if you can. First day is ‘quiet’, no music, but bars are open, stalls are up and it’s the perfect day to chill with mates
Everything is miles from each other, choose a couple of acts you really can’t miss and try and chill about the others or you’ll get disappointed
The after hours stuff is the BEST. Little bars, dancefloors, random art shows…everywhere you look

HAVE FUN

Reactions: 1
Heading down tomorrow (I work there so we get on to site from Monday). Can't wait!

We’re driving down super early tomorrow from the midlands. Our first time too - can’t wait!

Went in 89 and 90.
89 was great and sunny all weekend.
90 was pretty grim, manc drug dealers and new age travellers causing problems too. And it chucked down.
Best tip - carry a bin liner in yr pocket for if it rains, you can wear it or sit down on it. Standing for hours cos it's wet is a killer....

Reactions: 1
Glad I’ve found this thread. I’ve managed to get tickets this year, and get a patch of grass yesterday for our campervan. Elton John is headlining night whoop whoop.
Can this thread pick up please 😂