Girly Inspo pop up shops to fund designer knockoffs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure she’s a nice enough woman and I used to follow her but I can’t bear her this past year or more. I unfollowed a while ago but her new “business venture” came up as a suggestion for me. Trying to flog absolute tat 🤦🏻‍♀️ Lost for words at that.

I have a few issues with her “content”. For a start, I think she dresses so strangely for a woman in her 40’s. She has a lovely figure and is a very attractive woman but the oversized clothes, oversized blazers, platforms and chunky boots really perturb me. Does she actually walk around Derry looking like that? I’ve only seen her in person once, out in a bar during the day, and she was dressed very nicely but unremarkably. She seems so wasteful, always buying new clothes or receiving gifts. She promotes the most unethical, unsustainable brands and I just don’t like that example for young people. Bringing me to my next point, who is her target audience? I’m younger than her and her “style” doesn’t appeal to me. I can’t see her appealing to older people either, I’m confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ However, the most annoying thing of all is her association with that doll Ashlee. Everything about the both of them together makes me shudder and their videos are cringe-fest. The pandemic really put me off some pages I followed and hers is definitely one I enjoy not being subjected to.

Reactions: 10
I feel the same, used to like her can’t stand her now, prefer the sister if I’m being honest, as long as she doesn’t change.

Reactions: 4
Where does she get al the mooney for the cloths
Most of them are gifted items and a lot of influencers order stuff wear it for photos and send it back

I’m sure she’s a nice enough woman and I used to follow her but I can’t bear her this past year or more. I unfollowed a while ago but her new “business venture” came up as a suggestion for me. Trying to flog absolute tat 🤦🏻‍♀️ Lost for words at that.

I have a few issues with her “content”. For a start, I think she dresses so strangely for a woman in her 40’s. She has a lovely figure and is a very attractive woman but the oversized clothes, oversized blazers, platforms and chunky boots really perturb me. Does she actually walk around Derry looking like that? I’ve only seen her in person once, out in a bar during the day, and she was dressed very nicely but unremarkably. She seems so wasteful, always buying new clothes or receiving gifts. She promotes the most unethical, unsustainable brands and I just don’t like that example for young people. Bringing me to my next point, who is her target audience? I’m younger than her and her “style” doesn’t appeal to me. I can’t see her appealing to older people either, I’m confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ However, the most annoying thing of all is her association with that doll Ashlee. Everything about the both of them together makes me shudder and their videos are cringe-fest. The pandemic really put me off some pages I followed and hers is definitely one I enjoy not being subjected to.
I quite like her style and dont believe that anyone has to dress age appropriately but i agree but i think she is in love with the freebies.
I have also seen her in person and in no way is she big but her pictures are edited to make her less curvy and she is quite black under the eyes

Last edited:
I think her Instagram ‘friendship’ with Ashlee is completely built on exposure, hoping that she too will be signed by an agency, no chance of that now with this awful ‘business’ 🙈

Reactions: 7
I think her Instagram ‘friendship’ with Ashlee is completely built on exposure, hoping that she too will be signed by an agency, no chance of that now with this awful ‘business’ 🙈
I’d love to know how she built so many followers! I wonder what price she was flogging the for because most of the items were less than a tenner

Reactions: 3
Ashley does my tits in , her mouth annoys me so much I can’t cope with watching her speak and that smile , naw she’s not for me

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I attended pop up and found the stuff to be of great quality and girly inspo to be so friendly. Her style might not be to everyone’s liking but she is on trend and dresses accordingly.

Reactions: 1
I attended pop up and found the stuff to be of great quality and girly inspo to be so friendly. Her style might not be to everyone’s liking but she is on trend and dresses accordingly.
“On trend”? “Dresses accordingly”? What does that even mean?

Glad the products are of decent quality, they don’t look it on the page though. They look like tat.

• Haha
On trend is mass produced fast fashion exactly like what she is selling, its crap that wont last

“On trend”? “Dresses accordingly”? What does that even mean?

Glad the products are of decent quality, they don’t look it on the page though. They look like tat.
It means that Arlene wears what she believes to be the current trends and dresses in what she perceives to be trendy. But you want to know the beauty in this? She can wear whatever she wants, it’s her personal
Choice! We don’t have to like it, but as long as she does that’s all that really matters.

The main bit that gripes me with both girly inspo and oh so femme is that their trousers are always about 4 inches too long!
I'm also quite short and I'll get mine turned up so I'm not tripping over them - other than that they're both fairly harmless 😂

• Haha
It means that Arlene wears what she believes to be the current trends and dresses in what she perceives to be trendy. But you want to know the beauty in this? She can wear whatever she wants, it’s her personal
Choice! We don’t have to like it, but as long as she does that’s all that really matters.
Yes although she’s trying to be an “influencer” and I’m just not sure who she’s trying to influence with that “style”. It’s all oversized, unsustainable, fast fashion and mostly looks cheap and tacky.

To say “that’s all that really matters” is strange as the whole point of “influencing” is to get others to follow your lead. Or am I missing something? If everything wasn’t an #ad, #collab or #gifted then it would be her choice - but if she’s promoting these brands etc then she’s getting something from it so it’s not her “personal choice” at all.

You know the beauty of tattle? We don’t have to agree but we can express opinion and discuss.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi Arlene
Hi arleen 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The main bit that gripes me with both girly inspo and oh so femme is that their trousers are always about 4 inches too long!
I'm also quite short and I'll get mine turned up so I'm not tripping over them - other than that they're both fairly harmless 😂
The reason the trousers arent taken up is because they don't keep them they are sent back, it's all for show

• Haha
  • Wow
Her reel tonight to that beyonce song is Cringe! Her reels with Ashlee arent bad but the ones she does herself that involve any kind of dancing... no just no!!! 😳😳 Apart from a love of clothes i dont get their friendship its based purely on Instagram thats it! Theres like 13 years difference in them.