Getting an Old Facebook Account Removed.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone ever managed to successfully get an old Facebook account taken down?

I recently discovered I have one from 2009 that is still alive and well, even though I could swear blind I deactivated it. I’m sure you can imagine how mortifying the pictures are from over a decade ago 🥴 and I hate the thought that anyone could Google my name and find it. I haven’t got a clue what email address would be linked to it so I can’t get rid of it that way. I’ve tried reporting it to Facebook and asking my friends to do the same but that hasn’t worked. Does anyone have any tips?

I think the only way to get rid of it is to delete it from the settings when you are logged in, I deleted mine years ago but I was logged in, is there nothing you can click on that says you forgot your email? I know some websites have a backup if you have forgotten your email, or maybe contact FB an let them know rather than just reporting it, unless they find somthing on there that isn't allowed then I don't think they would delete it just because some people reported it since they won't know you've asked friends to do so

@Snippysnips Whichever email address I had linked to that profile will be long gone by now. 😭 I can’t find any way to contact an actual human being from Facebook either, that was my other idea. They’re as bad as Instagram for actually helping when you need them. If I could go back in time and slap 2009 Bianca for not making sure it was deleted, I would. 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Snippysnips Whichever email address I had linked to that profile will be long gone by now. 😭 I can’t find any way to contact an actual human being from Facebook either, that was my other idea. They’re as bad as Instagram for actually helping when you need them. If I could go back in time and slap 2009 Bianca for not making sure it was deleted, I would. 😫
Am sorry I couldn't offer more help, I have heard that all these social sites are a nightmare to get hold off, I hope you manage to find a way

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever managed to successfully get an old Facebook account taken down?

I recently discovered I have one from 2009 that is still alive and well, even though I could swear blind I deactivated it. I’m sure you can imagine how mortifying the pictures are from over a decade ago 🥴 and I hate the thought that anyone could Google my name and find it. I haven’t got a clue what email address would be linked to it so I can’t get rid of it that way. I’ve tried reporting it to Facebook and asking my friends to do the same but that hasn’t worked. Does anyone have any tips?
Can you still log into it?

From FB help pages.

Attachments

@Suzesnooze It was my birthday last week and my friend sent me some screenshots of people I haven’t seen or spoken to in about 20 years posting Happy Birthday on my timeline. 🙈 I wish she hadn’t, I would still be sailing through life blissfully unaware that my dubious fashion choices were online for anyone to find. 🫠

I don't know if it will work or not, but maybe report to YT that the account was hacked? Maybe they will deactivate it at least

I'm in the same boat.

There is a super old account linked to an Hotmail email address and I can't get rid 😔

Reactions: 3
@Snippysnips I have reported the account for every reason possible and so have some of my friends. It generates a report to Facebook and they ask for X amount of time to investigate. The result of the investigation is always the same, there’s nothing wrong with the account (because there really isn’t, it’s just my own embarrassment) so it remains there. Taunting me. 🫠

@HoGi I feel fairly sure mine is an old Hotmail account too. I’ve tried guessing at every email address I ever remember having but keep hitting a brick wall. 😭😭

@Snippysnips I have reported the account for every reason possible and so have some of my friends. It generates a report to Facebook and they ask for X amount of time to investigate. The result of the investigation is always the same, there’s nothing wrong with the account (because there really isn’t, it’s just my own embarrassment) so it remains there. Taunting me. 🫠

@HoGi I feel fairly sure mine is an old Hotmail account too. I’ve tried guessing at every email address I ever remember having but keep hitting a brick wall. 😭😭
I know what email address it is, but I don't have the recovery phone/email address any more 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

@HoGi It’s a nightmare isn’t it? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It would be so much easier if there was a human being at Facebook you could speak to but all roads lead back to the FAQ page and there’s no option for “I’m mortified here hun” 😫😫

Reactions: 2
@HoGi It’s a nightmare isn’t it? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It would be so much easier if there was a human being at Facebook you could speak to but all roads lead back to the FAQ page and there’s no option for “I’m mortified here hun” 😫😫
I know. Its a shame you can't provide birth certificate etc and get it removed

I have the same issue but with a pinterest account. If you Google my name the pinterest account on my name comes up with an embarrassing photo of me. I have no idea what account I used to register 😫