Georgie Coleridge Cole/Sheerluxe #3 High turnover, low pay moreover

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, and adopted my prior name suggestion given a) the likes and b) it was the only candidate.

As a brief recap of the events towards the end of thread 2…
  • SL were called out for their recruitment processes around Christmas, especially for having intern/assistant-level candidates provide content ideas and for not being clear about pay.
  • There have been a whole host of departures amongst the ‘LuxeGen’ girls of late, including Bea, Elizabeth, Hattie and Kate.
  • SL has been on a notable diversity push lately, but this has led to accusations of 'window dressing' given their prior record.
  • Georgie is overseeing an expansion to the Middle East, targeting the Dubai demographic. Trips have abounded.
  • The 'veteran crowd' of leaders (Georgie, Laura, Lu, Hodge, Charlotte, Mia) hasn't changed, although job titles remain with an ever-present likelihood of changing on a whim.
The old thread went on from November 2022, so there's certainly more, but that's all the recent and/or top-line stuff. Let's crack on...

Reactions: 11
I repeat, SheerLuxe is not for anyone who really wants to be a journalist.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
OMG why can’t I see the typo?!
It's in the main text, read each letter individually. Not just the word as a whole. One you reach a certain reading proficiency, your brain can ignore spelling mistakes if the first and last couple of letters are correct

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I’m SO glad to have found this thread! I’m getting more and more frustrated with Sheerluxe for their blatant refusal to cater to anyone outside of the London bubble. Just because they all live there and are so rich they can seemingly afford WTF they like (or they’re gifted copious amounts of stuff anyway), doesn’t mean they should only cater to women in the same extremely fortunate position as themselves. Why don’t they do trips to other UK cities to see what else there is in the country? That could be really fun! I remember years ago, Georgie, Lu and Charlotte went on a day trip to Brighton and it was really interesting to see them somewhere other than London. Or they could invite notable fashion/beauty folk who reside elsewhere. I remember commenting on YouTube that they could have ‘roving reporters’ who do occasional features from Not London and was blocked for the suggestion.

It’s also rather frustrating that the only guests allowed on The Sheerluxe Show are other plummy voiced, extremely privileged residents of London. The fact that on every episode there has to be at least one face of colour and/or a token fatty, to show how inclusive they are, feels performative and too intentional to be authentic. I used to look forward to each episode whereas now the most entertainment from it would be to bring out a Sheerluxe Bingo card!

Reactions: 19
I agree with all of the above but in the interests of balance I’ve been meaning to come on here and say that I really like Nana, her bright style is such a contrast to the try-hard neutrals all the rest of them sport, and she also seems to be really enjoying what she does.

Reactions: 11
Tbh. I don’t love Nana. She probably knows they’re flogging her to death for a reason, but also knows it’s good for her career, so win win.

I just watched the 48 hours in Dubai ME episode and I like the ME team a lot more. It’s clear the new ME editor in chief is a moody brat so let’s see how long she lasts, I saw no chemistry between her and Georgie and the other blonde pixie. I thought Amrita and the social media editor were really likeable. Also love amritas style.

I know Georgie is marmite but she did make the early BTS days with her personality, these lot are so boring it’s insane. Mia is clearly the office witch and pixie just knows she has to stay in with Georgie.

Reactions: 10
Tbh. I don’t love Nana. She probably knows they’re flogging her to death for a reason, but also knows it’s good for her career, so win win.

I just watched the 48 hours in Dubai ME episode and I like the ME team a lot more. It’s clear the new ME editor in chief is a moody brat so let’s see how long she lasts, I saw no chemistry between her and Georgie and the other blonde pixie. I thought Amrita and the social media editor were really likeable. Also love amritas style.

I know Georgie is marmite but she did make the early BTS days with her personality, these lot are so boring it’s insane. Mia is clearly the office witch and pixie just knows she has to stay in with Georgie.
The new ME editor in chief has been working at Sheerluxe for ages and pals with Georgie so she won't be going anywhere soon
---

Mia just comes across as someone Georgie likes because she's pretty . That's all Georgie bangs on about when she sees her.

Reactions: 7