General Election 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given the Autumn Statement yesterday, it looks very much like the Government are planning a Spring election. It can’t come soon enough for me. What will ensure your vote and for whom?

Given the Autumn Statement yesterday, it looks very much like the Government are planning a Spring election. It can’t come soon enough for me. What will ensure your vote and for whom?
Whichever party I need to vote for locally to have the best chance of not getting the incumbent Conservative re-elected.

Reactions: 4
Edited as a bit too revealing: Tory seat here, two-horse race with LD. Quite like our MP but wouldn’t ever vote for them when it’s a strong chance at the party losing a seat.

Last edited:
I made the mistake voting Tory many years ago but never repeated it again. Mostly I have voted LibDem but they lost my vote when Clegg handed power to the Tories. I am in a safe Tory seat so have voted tactically (Labour) in the last 2 elections. This time I will be voting Labour because I think that Starmer is the best hope we have of getting the country back on its feet in a reasonable amount of time (2 terms at least). My worry is that many disaffected Tory voters might turn to the LibDems and the anti Tory vote could be split (Labour finish 2nd here about 26000 votes behind but the LibDems are well down the list).

Reactions: 1
@Moley1 That’s pretty much my exact position, apart from a Labour vote here is absolutely wasted. Was 1000 between Tory and LD last time.

Reactions: 1
I'm voting for a party who is not Tory, not labour, not green, not lib dem. No tactics. If there's is no party or independents I like then no vote.

Labour. But I live in what has been a safe labour seat for 20-30 years now so it won't change anything.

I'm voting for a party who is not Tory, not labour, not green, not lib dem. No tactics. If there's is no party or independents I like then no vote.
Which is absolutely fine, but you could end up with the party you dislike the most and who will bring in policies you hate in power.
Your position would be ok in a PR set up but, unfortunately with first past the post, there are times when political expediency is called for.