Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
It’s so funny how she loves the word cosy because her house is genuinely the least cosy home I’ve ever seen

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Her autumn content is so underwhelming and I can’t help but feel the hushed and slow, drawn out voice she does in her most recent video just rubbed me the wrong way and I can’t exactly explain why and I don’t know why this video in particular has bothered me. It just feels too dream like, too fake and I just don’t know. For someone who is supposed to be best known for her autumn content it’s so crap and it’s the same nonsense she put out last year, her vlogs have been almost as boring as the shite Lydia Millen puts out and by the end of it I was just thinking I’m over this type of content all the youtubers do the same boring routines with the same interior and same decor and I’ve just had enough. There’s no colour, no personality, it’s robotic and repetitive and I feel drained from watching it. Her old vlogs were actually more relatable and comfy and felt like you could DIY anything she did and it just felt like that content was more genuine as nowadays it’s like she only puts out content if a brand has given her a discount code, it just feels like a long drawn out ad.

I’m just generally fed up with the content on YouTube and generally pissed off with the entire influencer thing and wish they’d all just piss off tbh. If I’m honest I am a little bit jealous of the fact they get nice things that they don’t actually work for and have big companies throwing money and freebies at them when you yourself have to budget and restrict yourself and a lot of the time have actually spent lots of money on those brands over the years when she’s making 100k a year and still getting tonnes of handouts.

I just want relatable or actually interesting content. She asked for suggestions on her Instagram for video content ideas yet seemingly she hasn’t been taking advice because it’s literally the same drivel as last year and what she puts out all year long. For once I would’ve liked to have seen fun orange and copper and red autumn decorations and Maybe a Halloween theme going on as she now has a little boy who should really be surrounded in loud, fun colours. I’m so over this off white and neutral boring interiors that everyone has and I’m over the luxurious night routines. Gemma’s content and personality is the shade grey and I don’t get it because with all that money and all that advertising and codes you’d think she’d actually go somewhere or develop a new hobby or make new friends to blog with. There’s just no real content and I don’t know how she thinks vlogging in her bland, beige, new build prison and baby talking at Noah and het cats qualifies as actual autumn cosy content. Where are all her friends gone? What happened between her and all her YouTube friends? Where is glam, loud, ditsy, fun Gemma?

she used to have actually good content that was better then all the other “cosy”youtubers and she used to be the one (I think) who set the autumn cosy trend especially amongst the English youtubers.
Sorry rant over.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

lols84

Chatty Member
What blows my mind is having all this money, all this freedom and choosing to spend all your time in England? She could take her work anywhere. They have the luxury of time, money, health and yet they just rot away in their beige prison, stuck peddling the same merch that everyone else does (let’s be honest, girl of muse is just Gemma’s merch designed by Jamie)..

Imagine.. Cosy weekend in Switzerland? Spend a day with us in Paris? We moved to Canada for a month?

Travelling with babies isn’t always easy but you get used to it! I’m so frustrated by her and 100% jealous of the opportunities she has and ignores for the sake of the perfect pinterest aesthetic life.

Reactions: 36

comeagainliv

In her latest stories instead of typing common it said conman!!! Bet she trolls Darby on here... how embarrassing!!! Why else would it auto correct to conman. Too fucking funny!!! Load of bitches

• Haha
  • Wow

calmyourritas

VIP Member
When will people realise, when we slag Gemma off for weaning her child early (or anything for that matter) we are not talking about you.
If you chose or choose to do that, it’s fine. You aren’t an influencer posting your advice to thousands of people. The thread is about Gemma PLEASE stop getting offended.

• Heart

Chicane

1. It is not even near Christmas yet, Gemma, you will ruin it by starting too early then will be undoubtedly saying 'I can't wait for new year and a spring clean' before Christmas is even over. Your tree is up for two months of the year, one sixth of your life!!

2. She's bought ANOTHER tree :mad: She had two trees last year, one in the living room and one in the kitchen, and she had a flocked tree in the last house, what happened to it? Either in landfill or in the attic and she can't be bothered to get it out. Single-handedly destroying the planet with her shopping obsession. Thank god she is mostly using her existing baubles.

3. Poor Noah growing up having to live up to his mother's perfect idea of Christmas, How about a bit of COLOUR on the tree to stimulate Noah. Oh wow he is allowed one bauble is he?? Lucky him! Bet it's beige or white!

4. That sofa is stupid if you are going to knock an archway into the wall, it will block half the walkway!!! I see another sofa incoming next year already.

5. "I'm so happy the tree's up" she says near the end. Well, you don't look it. You already look disappointed, and confused as to why it's not making you feel the way you think it should make you feel. Why don't you try giving back to a food bank, clothes bank, soup kitchen, anything.

Reactions: 35

12inchthinbase

Hey guys, I've never commented on Gemma's threads before but I've lurked for so long I feel I need to get my say, sorry if I go on a bit!

I watched Gemma from the beginning (literally before 20k followers from what I remember) but stopped around the time she got back with that boring lump she calls a fella. I only watched her because she was SO relatable at the time, I genuinely felt we were incredibly similar people and could really understand her 'mental health struggles', so to speak.

I think she lost herself when she moved out of that little cottage she was renting and decided she was too good for a simple, humble life because she was so busy trying to be Elle Darby (lol why). She fucked up with Charley (who I thought was always very uncomfortable and unsupportive in her videos and I never liked him tbh) But she clearly stayed and cheated so she could use his house for clout until she had enough money to leave him (anyone remember she bought her laptop and camera on finance and was in debt back then?).

Then she lost Sophie who was seemingly the life and soul of her entire existence/Channel. I used to watch them and think Godd I wish I had a bestie like Soph, so genuine and always championing Gemma, despite the fact they'd had a huge fall-out previously. Personally I think Jamie was more into Soph to begin with (who wouldn't have been, she was gorgeous and hilarious without even trying) then he saw the influencer $$ signs and Gemma fully KNOWS this, hence why she binned Sophie off and now just has an empty relationship.

I think she's very depressed. She knows Jamie isn't her dream man behind closed doors, she knows she only had Noah because Elle had Saint and she felt left out (remember the questions and answers vlog where she said she was happy for people like Elle and Carys but having a babies etc wasn't on her agenda.. then immediately tried to get pregnant).

She has a very unfulfilled life but she's done it all to herself. She thinks spouting off about manifesting and the Law of Attraction makes her a good person but she's not, she's selfish and put her looks, money and online appeal before everything that actually meant something to her and now she has nothing.

My point being I used to LOVE this girl but now I honestly can't stand her. I think she needs to seek psychological help and learn how to put her past behind her and start again, preferably without Jamie (who is 100% a control freak, I can see the signs just as I saw in my own ex).

• Heart
Reactions: 34

lols84

Chatty Member
I hope Noah grows up to be everything she and Jamie aren’t. I hope he loves excessive colour and really heavy rock music. I hope he hates Christmas and anything cosy. I hope he is messy and a total free spirit. No one deserves to exist within a beige prison, devoid of all feeling and colour. Gemma’s home is so sterile it makes me cringe. I have my fingers crossed Noey grows up to be the complete opposite 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Princesst

Chatty Member
One thing did make me laugh about Jamie complaining about her planning everything (aside from him being a gaslighter) is because they’re only on that break away so she can document it for YouTube & Insta content. So of course it’s all planned. Which keeps both her and him in a job and obviously stupidly well paid so what’s his problem?? Wear the matching pyjamas, take the photo and shut your mouth Jamie. It keeps you in matching range rovers, designer clothes, 4 bed new build houses, M&S food hauls and a nice garden office. Plus all the stuff they get gifted on top which means they get free furniture and everything they needed for a new baby. VS having to actually leave the house and contribute to society for none of that in return in most jobs. Knob

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Beth1985

This whole “Noah picked his baubles” …
Firstly- those are not fucking baubles, they’re tree decorations
Secondly- he didn’t fucking pick them. He’s 5 months old & he doesn’t even know when he’s shit himself let alone pick a tree decoration! (Plus Jamie blatantly outs her lies by saying he himself picked them)
Thirdly- if your son as a 25 year old grown adult is still coming with you to pick his Christmas decoration every year then you’ve got much bigger problems
Fourthly (😂) - stop doing that stupid Noah voice it’s really irritating 🤯🤯

😂😂😂😂 OMG!! She’s just had to own up to the fact she got hair extensions too because she was found out for those 🤣🤣 Good luck with those bald patches when Noah starts pulling them out!

She’s really morphing into trying to look like Molly Mae Hague too! She even sounds like she’s trying to talk like her & use the same mannerisms

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

ReginaFalangeee

I always felt gemma was the fun one and Jamie zapped all the joy out of her. He's always been so miserable and critical and self serving. I used to find her so fun and light hearted but in my opinion Jamie has taken that side of her away. He never smiles, it's always a grimace. And, my god, if they read here and take one thing away with them please can you both STOP EATING ON CAMERA the noises of lips smacking and Jamie eating with his mouth open make me have to stop watching immediately

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Upintheair83

VIP Member
When she said they were going on holiday, I had a feeling it wouldn't be abroad. For a start Gemma hates summer and we all know her #cosy obsession. Being on the beach at this time of year wouldn't fit with her beige and cosy instagram aesthetic.But I also think she has deep issues with doing things outside the house now. Iv noticed she never seems to have Noah out and about by herself, and certainly never in a pushchair. Her arms must drop off!!! It's as though the pushchair is too stressful to take out.I'm sure she's got some sort of social anxiety. Her need for all things nostalgic seems to have increased since the passing of her dad's death, but she will miss out so much on the present by focusing on the past too much. Noah is way too young to remember all this bauble choosing and seeing rudolphs stables, she's doing it all for herself. Which is fine, it's her money, but she's not dealing with the root of the problem
I think she's deeply unhappy and lonely and she seems to think making a magical childhood for noah will fix it. She's a great mum, noah will want for nothing and be covered with love. However she needs to deal with whatever trauma she's got first and be happy in herself because one day Noah will grow up. Good luck Gem I hope you get your spark back.

Disneygirl89

VIP Member
I agree with all of the above 👆🏼.
I’ve watched gemma for years. She’s a couple of years older than me but I always used to love her content. I don’t earn much, just a little job that’s pays my rent and gets me by, I don’t have kids and I’m not thinking about any for a while yet 😅 I live for my weekends seeing friends and family and popping over to b&m grabbing a bargain, then drinks and pizza with my girls in the evening. So Gemma’s content over the last year of expensive purchases, having Noah, cookie baking and gifted items that il never be able to afford has become completely unrelatable to me. I know people grow up and change, that’s life, but she’s so far detached from her old self I have no interest in what she posts anymore.
Even though you are not rich in funds, you are so rich in life. Your life sounds amazing to me, I'd much rather live that way than potter around a bare, beige prison, faffing around with lamps, books and shelves. I'd rather see your life for content, who doesn't love a b&m bargain and pizza or lunch out with friends ❤

• Heart

Princesst

Chatty Member
Jamie put on stories that there’s going to be an update on his garden office at the weekend. “Sorry for the delay”…. Jamie no one could care less about your garden office 😂 This is how dull Gemma’s content is now, a bloody video that has a highlight of a garden shed update… how does this still make them both enough money to live their lifestyle with??

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Strikeapose18

This YouTube lot honestly. This loving Xmas sooo much, start talking about it in august stuff is such rubbish.
She’s done 4 vlogmas episodes that had no enthusiasm in them whatsoever, no gift guides and now signing off a week before Xmas… 🙄 wouldn’t know a real working parents life if it smacked her in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Great to know those gummies she promotes for healthy hair and nails work. Who need acrylics and hair extensions when you have them every morning for breakfast 🧐 oh yeah… gemma

• Haha

rdown1

Last vlog until January as she’s ‘taking time off’ from her EXHAUSTING job of filming herself talking shite and baking cookies.. what a dickhead man, totally tone-deaf - most people with actual jobs don’t have that luxury. Not that I’m bitter or anything 😂😂

• Haha