Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wowwwwwwwww

VIP Member
“There’s no way I’m doing Christmas without my Michael’s turkey. No way blasé.”
Pam is such a genius.

Also watching it now another thing l like is how believable they are as a family. Gav and his dad talking about the job he’s keeping secret seems really likes father son bond and the way Pam dotes on them both (and they both say they are talking about turkey at the same time)
That sort of stuff makes the programme just as strong as the comedy. Every detail is so perfect isn’t it ?

Haha even Petes poor catatonic mum has a similar bemused look to him !
Pam is my absolute fave. The script writing is perfection IMO. I have a soft spot for James Corden as well.

Horatio

VIP Member
Just saw this on Facebook 😂View attachment 66731
That’s mad. So there’s the virgin media ad, trying to say you want your broadband to be working to stream it or something, with some horrible Stacey impression, the Asda curry deal, how many more vague cash ins can we find? Do post them here people.
The more arbitrary the better!

Here’s more from the virgin media ad... they have aged for sure. Not that that’s not to be expected, tho I don’t think corden looks too different other than losing quite a lot of weight. But his chubbiness is probably part of what preserved his youthful look let’s be honest.

16357D2E-6C00-4841-B3C7-DA8FC8C0857F.jpeg

Last edited:

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
They do talk about the ‘Chinese Alan’ thing in the show though. At the stag do (?) he turns up and shouts ‘Does anyone fancy a Chinese?’. It’s not funny or clever but it doesn’t strike me as particularly offensive either.

Freckles

Chatty Member

About James Corden's and Matt Horne's falling out. So are they going to be in the show together? Are they friends again? Piers asked Matt Horne to take part in that show and he said no. James looks upset. (5:48)
I didn’t realise they had fallen out?! 😱

judsmum

Chatty Member
Another good episode is the phone mast where they are tryin to contact each other but the phone reception was rubbish and when they are up there protesting and the men come up n plonked a sign in the ground lol
The phone mast episode is absolute gold!

LLJ

If you check out the website "thortful" they do really funny gavin and Stacey inspired christmas cards!

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
It was posted on this thread though! The Sun story ran on 11 June, at which point Twitter began to talk about it. I can find nothing at all on the subject of G&S racism (plenty about Fairytale of New York) until that story is published.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Just watched the Gavin and Stacey special

agree there was too much filler, do I really need to know what some nobody from TOWIE thinks of the show?!

although I loved the tidbit about John Prescott only supposed to be walking into the wedding but then giving himself lines 😅
Yeah I loved the John Prescott titbit. Also dont know why they started with the Christmas special.