Gas or Induction Hob?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love my gas hob and I cook on it every day. But I’m getting a new kitchen which is a sleek, modern style. I feel an induction hob would suit the space better but I’m worried I’ll hate it And I don’t want to make an expensive mistake.
Has anyone gone from gas to induction? Would be interested to hear thoughts and experiences.

I always swore by gas. Then we moved into a place with an induction hob and I am a convert! Its fast and easier to manage. I love it!

Reactions: 2
Love my induction hob. We redid the kitchen in the house we recently moved into and it never had a gas hob so we decided to go with induction and no regrets at all, it's so efficient and much easier to clean than gas.

Reactions: 3
i do prefer gas for adjusting the heat quicker buttttt love my induction hob

Reactions: 1
I had an induction job in my last house, gas here, will be changing it to an induction at some point. I can’t see much difference for cooking but cleaning and induction job is easy a brushed steel hob is time consuming

Thanks everyone.
I do find the gas a faff to clean and relieved everyone has been so positive about the induction hobs.

It takes some time to get used to and I burned a few things but I’d never go back to gas after having induction. Love it so much

Always had gas. Then new house had induction hob. It isn't a massively expensive one but it is great. When I go to my mums and use her gas hob I do miss it slightly. But then I see the burnt on bits of food on the rings etc and remember that my hob is totally flat, no knobs etc and so easy to clean!

Induction heats up quickly, adjusts just as quick as gas and is easier to clean.

I wouldn't go back to gas unless I had a kitchen big enough for a range cooker with electric oven, gas hob and space for an induction hob too 🤣 so basically only if I won the lottery

It takes some time to get used to and I burned a few things but I’d never go back to gas after having induction. Love it so much
ah you’ve made my mind up x

Always had gas. Then new house had induction hob. It isn't a massively expensive one but it is great. When I go to my mums and use her gas hob I do miss it slightly. But then I see the burnt on bits of food on the rings etc and remember that my hob is totally flat, no knobs etc and so easy to clean!

Induction heats up quickly, adjusts just as quick as gas and is easier to clean.

I wouldn't go back to gas unless I had a kitchen big enough for a range cooker with electric oven, gas hob and space for an induction hob too 🤣 so basically only if I won the lottery
that‘s a winner - anything that’s easier to clean 🙌🏻

Brilliant- thank you so much

• Heart
Something to consider is that not all your current saucepans and frying pans etc. will work on an induction hob and the ones for induction hobs are more expensive. Just depends if you have a lot of them/nice sets you’ll need to replace.

Reactions: 3
Something to consider is that not all your current saucepans and frying pans etc. will work on an induction hob and the ones for induction hobs are more expensive. Just depends if you have a lot of them/nice sets you’ll need to replace.
How do i know if the current ones will work - do you know ?

Induction Hob ordered today. On your heads be it Tattlers if I duck up dinners from here on 🤣

Reactions: 4
Used to have gas didn't think much of it at the time..now got induction even though its sleek on the island wish I had gas again

The first night in our house, and I went to cook dinner. No joke, me and my MIL were standing at the job for an hour wondering why it wasn’t working. Turns out we have induction hob but 1 unintentional induction pan, so, that was fun to learn! We got these pans, which are quite expensive, but they often do deals. I think we got them for £35