Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Hi all,

I've started gardening during lockdown and have a few plants on the go but would love people to chat to who are also into gardening and can offer tips and advice :)

TescoSainsburys

VIP Member
Ooo can I join. I also have a big garden (also not bragging) and not much of a clue!
Just mowed the lawn.
Planted tomatoes in the greenhouse, Sweetpeas just outside the greenhouse (both grown by my dad and gifted to me.)

Yel

Chatty Member
Maybe the best thread to bump for weed advice?

Are electric weed burners any good? Thinking of getting one to avoid having to spend an afternoon every other month on all fours getting the weeds out from a paved drive (why did people ever replace concrete with these things from hell?!). It's quite big and would probably go through gas like no one's business so not considering a gas canister one.

MerchantOfTea

Hi folks, I have some gardening questions, complete novice here! I made myself a nice big raised bed using timber planks and now am having varying degrees of success.

I planted tulip bulbs back in Feb and they were shooting up fine until the middle of last month. Then all the shoots started turning yellow brown and died off. Was that lack of water? I was a bit negligent in watering in the early part of April. Other plants are doing fine, I have pansies doing great, my daffodils did well and I have gladioli shooting up right now.