Gardening

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo can I join. I also have a big garden (also not bragging) and not much of a clue!
Just mowed the lawn.
Planted tomatoes in the greenhouse, Sweetpeas just outside the greenhouse (both grown by my dad and gifted to me.)

Oh the one thing I have experience in is Sweet Peas. Make sure you have the means to support them, they really need it. Fishing line is a great way of supporting them because it is practically invisible yet good and strong

Oh the one thing I have experience in is Sweet Peas. Make sure you have the means to support them, they really need it. Fishing line is a great way of supporting them because it is practically invisible yet good and strong
I have put a cane next to them at the moment. I literally have zero experience of them, I think this is the first year my dad has grown them from seed. What do you attach the fishing line to?

I had them planted backing up against a timber fence, in a rectangular container about 3ft wide.
So I put in a series of small nails in the timber, 3ft apart, at maybe 12 -18 inch vertical intervals.
I then tied a length of fishing line between each set of nails, so I ended up with horizontal lengths of fishing line, spaced apart by 12-18 inches vertically.

Then as the sweet peas start shooting up, you keep tucking them in behind the fishing line, so you are training them up the fence.

Reactions: 1