GameStop Reddit Share Price

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally here for the short selling craic.

I am rubbish at explaining this sort of thing, but if you are on Instagram, there is a page called shityoushouldcareabout. They have a story and a post all about it.

Have you seen The Big Short? All about the crash in 2008- it is brilliant.

Reactions: 4
Lots of big funds gambled that it would lose value.

So people (and probably big investors) pumped the price up so they lost their bets.

That's about as simple as I can put it 🤣

This kind of thing was always going to happen as with places like Hertz and people with their robin hood investing accounts pumped that stock.

Reactions: 3
So it’s fine for the big guns to do it but they start complaining when the little people play them at their own game ? Is that it ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So it’s fine for the big guns to do it but they start complaining when the little people play them at their own game ? Is that it ?!
Pretty much the summary of it, yep.

We are hearing how these hedge fund traders are “professionals” and how the “vulnerable amateurs” need to be protected. Basically, in my view, it’s a case that the wrong people manipulated the stock market. In exactly the same ways these traders do. Every. Single. Day. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

Wall Street support a free, open market. Until it’s not benefiting them. These people did nothing illegal. They bought stock. That’s all.

Does anyone know how much the 2 main hedge funds lost? Hearing different reports but $5bn and $70bn. Would be interesting to know!

Reactions: 4
I bought a share in them the other day. If it becomes worthless I don't care and neither do the others on the Reddit forum. Hedge fund billionaires cannot force us to sell so will either have to buy from somewhere thus the price rises or they pay huge interest from not being not being able to give back the shares they borrowed.

Friday the price stayed similar for hours to try and bore people in to selling. Then the stock price dropped a lot but nobody will panic sell they just bought more stock at a bargain price so it went back up to where it started.

It's around 230 quid a share atm but should reach four figures very soon.

Reactions: 1
I bought a share in them the other day. If it becomes worthless I don't care and neither do the others on the Reddit forum. Hedge fund billionaires cannot force us to sell so will either have to buy from somewhere thus the price rises or they pay huge interest from not being not being able to give back the shares they borrowed.

Friday the price stayed similar for hours to try and bore people in to selling. Then the stock price dropped a lot but nobody will panic sell they just bought more stock at a bargain price so it went back up to where it started.

It's around 230 quid a share atm but should reach four figures very soon.
How do you go about doing this? Any advice for a novice?

How do you go about doing this? Any advice for a novice?
I am a novice myself mate :) I downloaded the Trading 212 app and bought a share on there. From my hours reading the wallstreetbets sub forum on Reddit you buy what you can afford and if the price drops don't worry yourself in to panic selling just buy some more at the bargain price if you can afford. Stock apps like RobinHood are looking out for the billionaires by limiting how many shares you can buy in GME (GameStop) and if you read the media it's putting WSB (wallstreetbets) name to the price of silver rising. Do not buy silver the price rise is probably the billionaires trying to take people off the scent. GME stock is expected to rise a lot more......

Google 'gme stock' and it's already risen in value in the pre market before it opens up at half past two this afternoon UK time. The short of it all is.....

1) Buy a share in Gamestop.
2) Do not sell under any circumstances. If the price drops don't panic sell. If it rises loads don't sell thinking you've made a good profit. The hedge fund guys need our shares to pay back what they owe so if we don't sell our shares we have all the power to how much they have to pay to get it back off us.
3) Don't fall in to media traps that WSB and Reddit posters are behind buying silver or Blackberry or Nokia or AMC.
4) It's all about GME nothing else matters.

Reactions: 3
Trading 212 has stopped taking on new clients
Con act. All the share apps are in it together with the big boys. I read what they have put. They should allow people to sign up and add themselves to the queue instead of banning people joining until they get through the exisiting queue they have.

I actually have a trading 212 account from when I did an offer a few months back to get some extra cash🤣

So I could go on there and buy a gme stock for $328/£239 and I’d have a decent chance of making a bit of cash?

I actually have a trading 212 account from when I did an offer a few months back to get some extra cash🤣

So I could go on there and buy a gme stock for $328/£239 and I’d have a decent chance of making a bit of cash?
It's 4% down on the pre market so you'd be buying a bargain IMO. Don't sell the share under any circumstances, don't be tricked in to buying in to anything else like silver and just sit back and enjoy.

Con act. All the share apps are in it together with the big boys. I read what they have put. They should allow people to sign up and add themselves to the queue instead of banning people joining until they get through the exisiting queue they have.

Well annoyed by this as I got an aff link for it from a friend literally right before this all went down and now I can't sign up. Fuminggggg.

This is the most helpful explanation I’ve seen on it. I have a Hargreaves Lansdown share account and been watching the price wondering if I should buy or not.. currently at £328 according to my app, when I first looked last week it was about £220. I might just f it and do it today!

I’m still getting my head round it all to be honest but the price seems to be dropping slightly according to trading 212. I’m still unsure but watching with interest.

I see the share price has fallen off a bit of a cliff. Down at about $90 as I post.
It will work out better in the long run. The point has been if someone wants to hopefully get rich you keep hold of your share/s whatever the price. In the past day or two too many pussies have panic sold thinking the battle has been lost. The only people who should be holding shares is people that aren't going to sell no matter how high or low the price gets. If people do that the billionaires will have to continue to pay billions in interest as the shares won't be available to buy for themselves.